Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Photos | Videos | Renderings

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-21-2018, 03:04 PM   #57
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple D View Post
My previous sports car was a Porsche Boxster. The SS coupe that I now own has better visibility to each side and to the rear. But, the Porsche had better visibility straight ahead. Funny, the magazines never complain about the Porsche but they sure slam the Camaro.

Because 90% of mass media journalism today is Fake news.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 03:09 PM   #58
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
I made a 1LE edition in celebration of my car:
Its the new 2019 Subarooo Superooo.
Old 05-21-2018, 03:12 PM   #59
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post
Anyone who thinks that this car couldn't use better sight lines is being ignorant. I love my car and yes you can get used to it, but it would've been nice to jump into a car that I didn't have to "get used to"

Before everyone starts bashing me and telling me how I should've just bought a mustang, think about it. How many sales would they have lost by having MORE visibility? Also I have heard people try to claim its a packaging issue, but as soon as I mention the ATS-V no one has an excuse as to why GM couldn't make the styling work with better sight lines. The belt line on the car is just too high.

and don't get me started on how IDIOTIC it was for GM to justify not addressing the sight lines because "5th gen owners said it was fine"
And...how many sales would there be if visability was better but the outside styling was ugly and not uniform? Or the styling caused more drag reducing your gas mileage?
Old 05-21-2018, 03:14 PM   #60
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I drive large vehicles with no back windows and I can tell you that the Camaro would be way worse if it wasnt for the back up camera. Drive a Challenger and you will see that cars like these can be built to see out of. Will it influence my decision to buy a GEN6 Camaro? Hell no! They look awesome and any change to make viability better would mostly screw that up. Learn to set your mirrors correctly, learn to drive with them and the backup camaera and you'll be fine.

Yeh but the Challenger crash test is no where as good as the camaro. See whichever way you go there is a trade off.
Old 05-21-2018, 03:40 PM   #61
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
And...how many sales would there be if visability was better but the outside styling was ugly and not uniform? Or the styling caused more drag reducing your gas mileage?
You're implying that a lower belt line ruins styling. You really think the GM designers are incapable of making a good looking camaro with a lower beltline? Also a lower belt line would more likely give the car a more aerodynamic profile than the current car. I'm not seeing the logic in your argument. Sounds like a blanket 'But it might not look as good' statement.
Old 05-22-2018, 12:31 AM   #62
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post
You're implying that a lower belt line ruins styling. You really think the GM designers are incapable of making a good looking camaro with a lower beltline? Also a lower belt line would more likely give the car a more aerodynamic profile than the current car. I'm not seeing the logic in your argument. Sounds like a blanket 'But it might not look as good' statement.

He's probably implying that GM has a certain budget to work with and at this time a total body redesign in the time frame they had could not be done with their budget and still maintain the same crash ratings, rollover rating etc. The thick A Pillars also help n rollover safety as I am sure many of these cars will be rolled if doing serious racing.
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2017 camaro visibility, 6th gen camaro visibility, blind spots, camaro blind spots, visibility