Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-23-2014, 01:40 PM   #15
ORANGE CRUSSH
ORANGE CRUSSH

Drives: 2SS 1LE
I might have considered it for a new family car, but my 1LE did not cost that much. If they lowered the price I think it would sell well.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:41 PM   #16
slashsnake

Drives: 2011 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratfinkharley View Post
Nice looking car and I'm sure it is a performance beast, but a bit staid in appearance.

Certainly not for me.
Agree on the look, which I kinda like personally. Kind of has that last gto look to it
slashsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:43 PM   #17
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORANGE CRUSSH View Post
I might have considered it for a new family car, but my 1LE did not cost that much. If they lowered the price I think it would sell well.
The higher price is due to the electronics and $1300 GG tax ...
Old 01-23-2014, 01:43 PM   #18
halo8hkk

Drives: 2000 Z28. 2010 1SS IMB.
nice car but way overpriced.

2010 1SS/RS = Mysstique
Whipple Supercharger
Dyno= 618hp 555tq at the wheels
IMB Silver Stripes
VIN#44025
Born: 9/9/09 Delivered: 9/28/09
halo8hkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:43 PM   #19
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
I was in the market not along ago for a 4 door sports car. I looked at the SS, Ford SHO, and Charger SRT8. To be honest both the SHO and SRT8 blow the SS away. The SHO offers amazing luxury in a AWD V6 twin turbo that still gets decent mpg and has thr MyTouch system. The SRT8 is all luxury with 460hp, built in GPS, built in tune adjustments, etc. My friend had a SRT8 and wow it was super nice. The SS is ehhh average compared to either one IMO. Looks like an overpriced Malibu. My buddy has a GXP and it looks mean. I'd rather have one of those.

I was actually going to go with the SHO but the sale of my Camaro fell thru so I kept it (got an offer I couldnt refuse)
Old 01-23-2014, 01:53 PM   #20
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
From what I've read it performs well and I would love some extra trunk space (I don't care about the back seats; never use them). I do think Chevy dropped the styling ball though; put a heat extracter in the hood and ditch the Ford Fusion front fender vents. Also, a performance car w/o a stick option???
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 02:00 PM   #21
SlingShot

Don't forget it's a Holden badged as a Chevy. It comes standard with every option you can think of, with a LS3 with 6l80 trans and the even parks itself ... Pretty cool if you ask me ... It is built on the Zeta2 platform and handles way better than the Camaro and has tons of power.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:01 PM   #22
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Well... it's nothing special (appearance wise and truly doesn't deserve the "SS" moniker) and way overpriced for a family sedan.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 02:04 PM   #23
SlingShot

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Well... it's nothing special (appearance wise and truly doesn't deserve the "SS" moniker) and way overpriced for a family sedan.
How do you figure it's over priced for a V8 sedan ?
Old 01-23-2014, 02:15 PM   #24
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
How do you figure it's over priced for a V8 sedan ?
Well, I understand that most automakers have pricey sedans to offer and I guess this is the Chevy entry. I would just never pay that much money for a 4-door sedan ("family car"). I mean... what's the point. Do you want something to haul the kids and groceries around, or do you want something that will blow the doors off the competition? (Yeah, I know, 'why not both?') To me, it's a choice that should be made and a kid/grocery hauler shouldn't put you out more than about $30K - LOADED.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 02:26 PM   #25
matthew9440

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Well, I understand that most automakers have pricey sedans to offer and I guess this is the Chevy entry. I would just never pay that much money for a 4-door sedan ("family car"). I mean... what's the point. Do you want something to haul the kids and groceries around, or do you want something that will blow the doors off the competition? (Yeah, I know, 'why not both?') To me, it's a choice that should be made and a kid/grocery hauler shouldn't put you out more than about $30K - LOADED.
You cant even get a 2014 Impala loaded or probably even a nicely equipped 2lt for 30k?

matthew9440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 02:27 PM   #26
matthew9440

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I personally think you guys are looking at this the wrong way. Nobody is trying to dethrone the Camaro. This car interested me and they set it right in front of my desk so I figured I would snap a picture! hahaha I didn't think there would be so much negative. For what it is it is really sweet!

matthew9440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 02:38 PM   #27
BETO713

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS
I would like it if it looked more sporty.. looks like any other sedan out there -_-
BETO713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 02:42 PM   #28
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackeight View Post
Dang that thing needs to be lowered! I can fit my hand and foot in that rear well gap. 45K is a bit pricey, but I do understand the cars they are going up against and it's not all that outrageous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew9440 View Post
Hasn't been PDI yet! Once it is they will remove the suspension blocks and will lower it an inch.
Im sure that will b an awesome 1st mod on that car.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote