Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-26-2017, 09:32 AM   #15
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW1LE View Post
Beautiful car, the italians never disappoint. How do you like the handling/performance/comfort?
Can't give you any long term feedback. Car has 30 miles on it. But, the initial drive home. Power is down, but then again, my last 3 daily drivers have been 750 hp +. Handling seems tight, but I haven't done any 140 mph sprints yet around some benders. Interior is nice. Comfort is on point. Interior is well done. Tons of Alcantera and Leather and Carbon mix. Once the sun pops out, gonna do a walk around video. I'm 6'1, 235 so. I have loads of room. Tech is dated. Like, really outdated, but I don't care too much for all that. As long as the Bose is kicking and the exhaust note doesnt' change, I'm gonna enjoy it. The ride quality. I'd say it's in the middle of the Lexus and a Camaro. In Sport, it stiffens up, but not too bad where it's jarring you. It's def not as stiff as the Z06. Off Sport, it rides almost like a Lexus. I will say the paint and build quality are far and beyond anything I've owned. The trunk area, they use some cheap looking carpet IMO. I think it should be more plush. But, it's the trunk. It's for groceries and some golf clubs. Is it worth $150K? No. That's why I got em down to $129k. There are alot of bad ass car choices at $150k. We just chose the Maserati.........well, cus it's a Maserati.
Old 05-27-2017, 01:01 AM   #16
evanescent03

Drives: '19 SS 1LE/'19 Rubicon/'20 AT4
I used to disregard the maseratis for not being as "good" or fast as comparably priced cars (namely GT3s.. I'm a Porsche fanboy....) but as I've gotten older I realize that there's more to a car than its performance on a trackx especially when it's not your HPDE car...

Cool car! Enjoy it but not like the d-bag dad in his ghibli lol.

I went to scope out a the new alfa romeo and my boy liked the GT... seems like your build. .. so much CF inside! Sweet car!
Attached Images

evanescent03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 08:36 AM   #17
kttxz06

^ Almost to the T. If not identical. Can you believe those wheels are $1500 each to replace? smh. Great interior shot. Just like mine. That color combo is the only way to go. And I'm with you as well. I'm 40, almost 41. I think I have about 1 or 2 more sports cars left in me then I'm going touring cars from here on out due to the room and ease of getting in and out. Honestly, I'm kind of getting tired of the Z06. It's been fun, real fun, but getting in and out of it is getting old. I'm leaning towards these GT cars more and more. I'm still gonna pop on the Zl1 1LE and have my fun in the sun with that car. But after that, gonna start looking at Bentley's and bigger body Merc's.

I too looked at the new Alfa Guilia. I didn't even give it a 2nd look. For $90k. Not a chance in hell. Wasn't impressed at all by it. But, that is just my opinion. Perf #'s look good on it tho.

Maserati needs more HP and upgrade on the tech and to me, should be worthy of their $150k asking price. Mine actually stickered at $165k. smh. I mean, another $35k and you are touching Ferrari/Bentley territory. This car needs 500 hp and the latest tech like Lexus has. Maybe they'll get around to it.
Old 05-27-2017, 08:53 AM   #18
kttxz06

Old 05-27-2017, 02:21 PM   #19
evanescent03

Drives: '19 SS 1LE/'19 Rubicon/'20 AT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
thanks for the video, that is a cool car for sure. the Z06 looks way more mean but the Maserati is a nicer car to go on a date or shopping in for sure... maybe to F1 in Austin for ya. Both good choices. Once I've had a few more cars I might head to Maserati for something different for sure ... some of the interior details aren't my favorite designs (gauges are OK but the center stack looks really old to me) but the exterior looks great and it sounds awesome and smooth.

yeah the Alfa Romeo Quad---- whatever is pretty cool looking and I loved my M3 for a family car so it would be something a little different but I just can't get over the front end, looks too weird.

enjoy the ride!
evanescent03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 07:29 PM   #20
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Congratulations on your new car. I always enjoy your sense of humor and cars.

I never see cars like this around me but crazy coincidence that this was parked next to my Camaro today.
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 08:54 PM   #21
kttxz06

^ Hmmmmmmm, nice wheels. ACtually looks pretty damn good. It's funny, once you own a car, you all of a sudden start seeing them all over the place. I rarely see Maserati's. Haha. Now, I'll prob see one every damn week now.
Old 05-28-2017, 10:00 PM   #22
Joe's_cool_1le

Drives: Black 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
I love that one and the Bentley GT3-R. You will be on cloud 9 for sure!
2017 1LE SS Black - Mods - Forged - lowered compression - BTR custom Cam - Whipple, 3.500 upper and 8.0 lower pulley, Roto-Fab, 1 7/8 Kooks headers, off road pipes, & 3" Kooks full exhaust. LT4 fuel system, with Alky single nozzle running 100% meth. (not installed yet) DSX Tuning flex fuel and DSX tuning Aux pump
Joe's_cool_1le is offline   Reply With Quote