Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-07-2017, 08:44 PM   #15
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertSmith View Post
So, use an offline GPS program on your cell. Either way, phone GPS is superior for me.
Nah, I paid for the GPS. It works fine.
Old 05-28-2017, 08:50 PM   #16
WVaSS

Drives: 2016 Nightfall Grey 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by grnflash View Post
I didn't see whether you were talking about manual or auto. The following is for the 6 speed manual SS cars. The console is very easy. I did it the hard way one afternoon, taking literally every small piece apart one by one, but afterward figured out that there's a much easier way:

1) There are two screws at the lower back sides (1 ea. side) of the console near the seatbelt buckles. You will see a small round cover about the size of a quarter. Gently pop the cover off (it has a retainer), and unscrew the bolt underneath.
2) Remove the knee pads near the front sides of the console by gripping firmly and sliding the leather(-ish) portion up. It pops off without tools.
3) There are four bolts underneath the knee guards. two screw-in from the side (1 ea. side), like the ones in the back, and two are pointed forward (1 ea. side), toward either foot-well.

Six screws total, should have been removed. This will free the console.

4) Lift upward from the back. There is a small "lip" at the back that tucks under the middle of the rear seat, but if you compress the seat cushion toward the back enough, it will scoot on by.
5) When you get the rear of the console lifted high enough (about as high as the shoulder of the seat backs), you should be able to look under the shift boot, and see the underside of the shift knob (if 6MT), use a torx bit to remove the bolt on the driver's side the side of the knob. You can then slide the knob off the shaft.
6) Unclip 3 (maybe 4... I forget) quick-connect plugs for the various electronics on the console.
7) lift rear of the console up higher, and pull the entire console the rear, sliding it out and under the dash.

Reverse to re-install. Don't forget to reconnect the electronics (all of the plugs are unique, so you don't need to label them). Nice upside if you do it this way from the start (unlike myself), is that you don't loosen any of the nice tight joints where the individual dash components come together.

Don't know about differences on the auto-trans cars, but I would imagine that the shift knob would be the only difference.

Hope that helps.
Thank you for posting this. I just used it to remove the console to hardwire my radar detector to the accessory plug wiring. Your instructions were perfect.
WVaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 09:31 AM   #17
17ZL1

Drives: 2017 Nightfall Gray Metallic ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN sui View Post
I would disagree with that statement. I would rather have GPS integrated with my car than have to connect my phone via USB any time I wanted to use navigation. Plus the built in nav integrates with the HUD when I need to turn and it's true GPS that doesn't rely on cellular reception.

GPS > A-GPS

The nav option is comparable to Garmin IMO.

Sorry for going off topic
17ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 09:42 AM   #18
solobaric

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Subscribing for these instructions!
Old 04-06-2018, 05:40 PM   #19
heloman69

Drives: 2018 2SS Nightfall Gray, A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by grnflash View Post
I didn't see whether you were talking about manual or auto. The following is for the 6 speed manual SS cars. The console is very easy. I did it the hard way one afternoon, taking literally every small piece apart one by one, but afterward figured out that there's a much easier way:

1) There are two screws at the lower back sides (1 ea. side) of the console near the seatbelt buckles. You will see a small round cover about the size of a quarter. Gently pop the cover off (it has a retainer), and unscrew the bolt underneath.
2) Remove the knee pads near the front sides of the console by gripping firmly and sliding the leather(-ish) portion up. It pops off without tools.
3) There are four bolts underneath the knee guards. two screw-in from the side (1 ea. side), like the ones in the back, and two are pointed forward (1 ea. side), toward either foot-well.

Six screws total, should have been removed. This will free the console.

4) Lift upward from the back. There is a small "lip" at the back that tucks under the middle of the rear seat, but if you compress the seat cushion toward the back enough, it will scoot on by.
5) When you get the rear of the console lifted high enough (about as high as the shoulder of the seat backs), you should be able to look under the shift boot, and see the underside of the shift knob (if 6MT), use a torx bit to remove the bolt on the driver's side the side of the knob. You can then slide the knob off the shaft.
6) Unclip 3 (maybe 4... I forget) quick-connect plugs for the various electronics on the console.
7) lift rear of the console up higher, and pull the entire console the rear, sliding it out and under the dash.

Reverse to re-install. Don't forget to reconnect the electronics (all of the plugs are unique, so you don't need to label them). Nice upside if you do it this way from the start (unlike myself), is that you don't loosen any of the nice tight joints where the individual dash components come together.

Don't know about differences on the auto-trans cars, but I would imagine that the shift knob would be the only difference.

Hope that helps.
Another THANKS!!! for posting this information. My car came with the wireless phone charging option, which was useless to me. I purchased a non-charging console end cap and swapped it out. Now I have a small storage compartment that is much more useful to me.
Your instructions made it very easy to do.
heloman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 10:04 PM   #20
Railroberto

Drives: 2019 camaro ss
I only want to drill a hole run a cord up into the compartment at the elbow rest. Would the entire thing have to come out to do that?
Railroberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 11:45 PM   #21
keep_hope_alive
Electrical Engineer

Drives: 2023 1SS A10 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railroberto View Post
I only want to drill a hole run a cord up into the compartment at the elbow rest. Would the entire thing have to come out to do that?
Usually poor form to revive old threads that do not already answer your question.

Running cables under the center console can be done by stuffing it up under the seam, but it's a poor option that usually leaves gaps and pinches the cable. Removing the center console entirely allows for the new cables to be routed alongside factory cables (and secured to factory cables every 6"-8"). It also allows for clean holes to be made in the console plastic for wire routing.

If you're just trying to get USB to a location, you can get a 90 deg USB C to USB C cable that can connect to a USB C power supply in the factory socket. It's as tidy as you can get without making something custom underneath the console.

1100: 5/3/22 . . . . . . . 2000: 6/25/22 . . . . . .3000: 6/29/22
TPW : 8/15/22 . . . . . . 3800: 8/16/22 . . . . . .4000: 8/17/22
ETA : 9/13/22. . . . . . . 5000: 9/08/22 . . . . . .6000: 9/10/22

Daily Driver mileage update: 22k mi. @ December 2023
Total MPG Average: 23.2 @ 34mph average over 20k+ mi.
Best MPG: 30.5 @ 51mph average over 220 mi.

Build Log: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...6#post11353116
keep_hope_alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 05:35 AM   #22
truckrglenn

Drives: Chevy camaro
I was up in Langhorne PA for Christmas. My camaro's Nav had me going in circles, missing turns and telling me to make a left turn where there was no road.

These sub divisions have been around since the 1950's. Google directed me straight to the places where I was headed. The on-board Nav was slow to catch up when making turns too.
Old 12-29-2022, 10:09 AM   #23
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckrglenn View Post
I was up in Langhorne PA for Christmas. My camaro's Nav had me going in circles, missing turns and telling me to make a left turn where there was no road.

These sub divisions have been around since the 1950's. Google directed me straight to the places where I was headed. The on-board Nav was slow to catch up when making turns too.
Interestingly, I had the counterpart problem with google maps some time ago, it was trying to lead me into the woods instead of the Tractor Supply I was headed for, and I had to resort to the built-in nav that planned a working route. There has not been a time when the built-in nav would've led me in circles or suggested unmanageable directions, it looks much uglier than google maps and has less bling, but works fairly reliably here.

I do keep my built-in maps up to date at $99 a year, which is indeed a cost one doesn't have with google maps.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 03:44 PM   #24
Steve65

Drives: 2013
Have a 2020 camaro 8 inch system non navigation. I see there might b some options s to get novation without the cord from my phone. Is this possible can someone stear me in the right direction
Steve65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 03:49 PM   #25
Anjilslaire

Drives: 2021 3LT RS A10
If you're using Android, this works great in my wife's 2018 Equinox
https://www.amazon.com/Motorola-MA1-.../dp/B09PQ95GY4
Anjilslaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 04:59 PM   #26
Steve65

Drives: 2013
I bought two of those. Works perfect in wife's jeep. Didn't work well in my car. Navigation never went on the screen. Customer support couldn't figure it out either.
Steve65 is offline   Reply With Quote