Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-28-2013, 01:35 AM   #155
Envy
Bully Proof

Drives: C5 COTW 1/31/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRMKAR View Post
None of the accidents were because of bad driving, texting, distractions.
Quote:
One was the guy infront of me was about to go so i looked to the right and hit the gas but he stopped short. No damage to either car because we were going >1 mph (you mean <1mph)

I pulled through a parking spot instead of backing in like i ussually do, light pole was on my left and scratched my car up. No light on pole, just the base.

and the other pulling into a parking spot and i mis-angled the parking angle and scratched the car next to me.
It's mainly why I don't pull in spots anymore...
Quote:
Hahaha i"ll send you my record, one accident. Some woman backed into me. 100% her fault on the record.
One accident? It looks to me like you listed 3 in the quote above...all of which were your fault. So with one being "not your fault"...you've actually been involved in 4 accidents all together. And since you can't seem to be able to avoid an accident at less than 1 mph or around parked cars...I predict that you WILL be involved (and at fault) in a more serious accident soon enough. For your sake I hope that's not the case but seeing as you don't accept responsibility for the one's you've already had...things don't look good.

And whatever you do...please quit sleeping in school...because it really shows in your posting...lol

Quote:
I'm not sure what I meant by Landtank tbh.
I think it would be an oxymoron though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Pretty sure you mean a land yacht which referred to the large buicks, Cadillac, Olds mobile, etc...

There are only tanks on land so saying land tanks is indeed a oxymoron
I feel the need here to explain what an oxymoron is...since you guys seem to think land tank qualifies as one...because it doesn't. An oxymoron is an expression that combines two contradictory terms...like jumbo shrimp, living dead, awfully good or pretty ugly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSMYSS View Post
I slightly agree with you. I dont think young teens should own a sports car, especially when their mom and dad are paying for it. We're all stupid at 16, so the last thing a brand new driver needs is a car with that much power.

But I will say, at the age of 21 I bought my 2010 2SS, and at 22 I traded that 2010 and bought a brand new 2013 2SS. I bought them both by myself. I fully intend to work up to a ZL1 or Vette as soon as possible.
Not that great of an accomplishment if your parents are still paying for the roof over your head.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:05 AM   #156
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I wouldn't consider my car a "sports car" but I have not gotten one speeding ticket or in any accidents.

I know this thread is long gone. But I still wanted to post.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:58 AM   #157
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by steph09 View Post
I'm curious to why everyone looks down at kids/people that get these cars bought by their parents. My sister and I drive these cars and I'm not apologizing that my parents love me and trust me with a 400+ HP car. It's to their discretion if we are mature enough or not.

People that talk trash about "spoiled kids don't know the whole story". Yes there are some ignorant spoiled kids that could care less and don't deserve their cars, but you should know the person before you talk smack.
Are you looking at just the fact that kids own the cars, or are you also looking at the fact that the kids that get "looked down at" own these cars and then post about how stupidly they act with the cars, then pretend its not their fault?

I don't feel you're looking at the issue objectively. I feel you're only looking at it as hard as you need to to form a biased opinion.

I certainly don't bash 'kids' just because they own a Camaro and somehow don't "deserve" one. I had a muscle car with a V8 when I was a teenager. I don't pretend that I didn't drive it fast. One of my cousins is a member here and he'll tell you. I wrecked it 13 days after my 18th birthday. Somebody stopped short on the highway. I was following too close, and the van had anti-lock brakes. I had four wheel drums. Smash. My fault, I didn't know better. Within a year I had an even bigger V8 engine in it.

The catch is I always acknowledged that I was to blame for that accident and all the other crap. I never blamed anyone else for my actions. When I see a kid saying he did X Y or Z,I tell him he's an ass when he follows it up with "but it's not my fault", or "It doesn't count, it was a minor accident" or "some jerk that called the cops got me caught speeding" or "I'm only risking myself". The "I know best, don't try to tell me anything" routine is the lamest in the book.

So it's the kidstuff, purposeful, cop-out self-deception and lies that piss me off, not the fact that a kid owns a car.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:03 AM   #158
GuitarJozz

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2LS SIM
Send a message via Yahoo to GuitarJozz
The bottom line is, if you are a parent, and can afford to buy your daughter/son and vehicle like the Camaro, then said parents accept the inevitable risks involved. The parents should know, no matter how much they attempt to raise their child 'right,' outside influences can and will affect your child's life.

Being their daughter or son, though, if your parents can afford to purchase a sports/muscle car like the Camaro for you, then you, as the receiver of the gift, should accept it with respect and honor your parents' decision by driving it responsibly. You should realize your parents trust you enough to warrant such an awesome present. The fact that they can afford to do so is another topic entirely.

Granted, not all parents choose to buy their kids a car as a birthday/graduation/etc present because they think their kid deserves it. But even still, it is ultimately up to the daughter or son to make the correct decision to drive it responsibly and maintain it respectfully...
GuitarJozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:19 PM   #159
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
well -- I'm glad you have not had any accidents.

May I make a few suggestions that I've learned over nearly 60 years on this earth?

One - watch what language you use when typing something......while I have been known to swear at times like a "drunken whatever" in person - I would encourage you not to swear.......bad form. (...and I keep kicking myself when I lose my patience and let out an 'oath'....)

Two - you must remain vigilant. No matter how good your driving skills are - it's the other guy or gal you have to watch out for.... (a rule of thumb: 99.9% of drivers 'think' they're better drivers than they are - and 75% of them are HORRIBLE drivers and don't know it.......)

Three - I don't know you - but if I catch you (or my nephews and nieces) or anyone else texting while driving - I will pull your arm off and beat you over the head with it. I don't want to see you kill yourself -- or others - and I have overwhelming proof that texting while driving is much worse than driving drunk.

Now - I'd also encourage you (and everyone else reading this) to save your nickels and dimes and enroll in a driving course at either Spring Mountain Motorsports Park (Ron Fellows) or Bob Bondurant - - not only is it an enjoyable experience - but you'll 'unlearn' bad habits - and develop good habits that may save your life - and others - in the future.

I'm not belittling you - I'm saying this to everyone.......
scott did you see from dan's wreck two weeks ago?

Even if you are a good driver & watch whats going on. there are so many other people around that are NOT good drivers that cause wrecks.

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:21 PM   #160
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarJozz View Post
The bottom line is, if you are a parent, and can afford to buy your daughter/son and vehicle like the Camaro, then said parents accept the inevitable risks involved. The parents should know, no matter how much they attempt to raise their child 'right,' outside influences can and will affect your child's life.

Being their daughter or son, though, if your parents can afford to purchase a sports/muscle car like the Camaro for you, then you, as the receiver of the gift, should accept it with respect and honor your parents' decision by driving it responsibly. You should realize your parents trust you enough to warrant such an awesome present. The fact that they can afford to do so is another topic entirely.

Granted, not all parents choose to buy their kids a car as a birthday/graduation/etc present because they think their kid deserves it. But even still, it is ultimately up to the daughter or son to make the correct decision to drive it responsibly and maintain it respectfully...
we bought our then 14yr old a 86 Fiero, up until almost two weeks ago, when my husband was in a wreck that destroyed his 91 MR2, same style car as my daughters but since hers does not have airbags in it she is now going to be driving something else. with at least airbags. Even if its a older 3rd gen Camaro v6 car.

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:22 PM   #161
Scooter11

Drives: 2013 SW 2LS
17, never an accident or ticket! Going to keep it that way!
Scooter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:35 PM   #162
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroczlover View Post
scott did you see from dan's wreck two weeks ago?

Even if you are a good driver & watch whats going on. there are so many other people around that are NOT good drivers that cause wrecks.
That's basically what he said in his point number Two.