Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-09-2014, 09:45 AM   #15
Thebeezwax

Drives: Has 4 wheels
I work for one of the largest volume dealers in Houston and I haven't heard this....
Thebeezwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 10:11 AM   #16
TxBandit911
Call Me"Doc"

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE BLACK
I dont think he's lying to you, I just think he doesn't know what he's talking about....
TxBandit911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 10:35 AM   #17
canadian.bacon

Drives: 2014 RAM 1500
Well, he actually gave me a choice on the '14s with 0% for 84mnths or for the '15s with 2.89% for 84mnths (Canadian pricing). And on top of that, he told me his quota is November to November, he already got his big bonus, so no rush for Christmas for him. He also told me he will meet me half way between dealer invoice and MSRP, so no big gains for him on this deal either. He also advised me to wait till after Christmas for the best deal.

So I don't know, I guess we will see. I will definitely hold him up to it. He said he knows some big shots up stairs.
canadian.bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 11:30 AM   #18
'01LS1

Drives: 2003 Pete
Well it is right here...

"Come on GM, Bring back Pontiac! or at least make a GMC Trans Am. Buick Trans am sounds good too!! give it some thought"

Read more: http://gmauthority.com/blog/2011/06/...#ixzz3LQGeNxGk

Think there was an old link somewhere posted about Trans Am coming back, but it generally lead to the after market guys turning a Camaro to TA. Have not seen GM cross brand anything. So w/o the resurrection of Pontiac, not seeing this happen.
'01LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 11:56 AM   #19
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
I have been praying the TA comes back. Of all the cars Ive had, the Trans Ams were always my favorite. Ill rock that mullet and gold chain. IDGAF

Also, who knows? GM was cutting cost and restructuring leading up to/during the bankruptcy. Pontiac was one of the divisions cut. With the recent sucess of the Camaro, GM may see it financially beneficial to bring back the Fbody sibiling. If a 4 door Grand National is possible, ANYTHING is possible!
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 12:30 PM   #20
MikeT

Drives: 2008 Malibu V6
Well, with the ATS & CTS selling poorly, it's not as if Lansing won't have the capacity for another variant.

BUT I just don't see this happening. Who'd sell it? GMC dealers? No, it wouldn't fit the brand. Buick? Ditto, wouldn't fit the brand. A Camaro with a Trans Am/Pontiac appearance package sold as a Chevy? Sounds much more like something better left to the aftermarket.

I think that this salesman was 'putting you on.'
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 02:45 PM   #21
Autonaut

Drives: El camino
If there is a trans am in tve works, it will be a Trans Am. Like Corvette that nearly is it's own car brand nowadays..
Autonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 04:03 PM   #22
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Well you know what, my dealer told me about production being postponed a month later than what was reported on Camaro5 for the 5th gen (February 16th->March 16th 2009).

I went and posted it on C5 and got flamed for believing my dealer. Soon after the news was official, never did get an apology for being flamed on for no reason.

Now that info was correct and plausible, however a TA is extremely unlikely, they would need to bring back Pontiac for that and I don't think they would do that again.

Would be really cool but unfortunately don't think it would be possible yet.

He probably said that because of the original camo'd cars which everyone got excited about thinking the nose resembled a Pontiac
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 06:50 PM   #23
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
One thing that I can tell you is that 90% of the time I always know more than the sales rep. This weekend I got an oil change and the service manager was telling me that the Z28 is 698 HP... I just leave them in their world
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 07:08 PM   #24
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
One thing that I can tell you is that 90% of the time I always know more than the sales rep. This weekend I got an oil change and the service manager was telling me that the Z28 is 698 HP... I just leave them in their world
It's for this reason I don't want anyone working on my car but me.

Correction.. Lingenfelter or ADM would be super ok.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 08:14 PM   #25
chewy8

Drives: 96 bonneville
something seams off about that story imo u seem to buy alot of cars u also drive a 2014 dodge ram 1500 whats with all the cars? but i still hope ur right
chewy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:17 PM   #26
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
BS , Last time I checked Pontiac no longer exists, Tell your dealer you heard a GTO is coming in 2016
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 11:16 PM   #27
canadian.bacon

Drives: 2014 RAM 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewy8 View Post
something seams off about that story imo u seem to buy alot of cars u also drive a 2014 dodge ram 1500 whats with all the cars? but i still hope ur right
LOL. Single guy, great IT job. I love cars. In the past 14 years I have had: Ford Taurus, Buick Roadmaster, VW Passat 1.8T, Volvo S40, Buick Regal, Chevy Cobalt, Chevy Equinox, Ram 1500(hemi), Chevy Malibu and now another Ram 1500(V6-8speed). I wanted to keep this Ram for 3+years, however, I have many issues with it and there is no end in sight. I am almost at the end of BTB and I am afraid this will be a money pit in the months to come. I decided to bite the bullet one more time and be done with it and get back to GM.
Ram is the second car company off my list forever and ever till the end of time, along with Ford.
If all goes well, I will get a '14 Camaro (brand new). This is the reason I signed up here....knowledge before I spend another $40k and I like what I am reading...
canadian.bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 05:50 AM   #28
1hevy_chevy

Drives: Nightfall Gray 2016 6M 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
I remember awhile back when they first came out for the 5th gen when I would go to chevy dealers and ask questions about the Zl1's and they would think I'm making the car up.
1hevy_chevy is offline   Reply With Quote