Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-22-2015, 03:30 PM   #43
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Check out the pricing/section of the forum. Some guys have found other discounts like Farm Bureau. I'm not up to date on them since I'm not in the market yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Thank you! Will do
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 03:40 PM   #44
Battlezone580

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1969 Nova SS 396
Yea 37k for a fully loaded V6, Rs package, NPP exhaust, Magnetic Ride ect..

37k for a car is nothing... A ford fusion costs 37k, a traverse costs 30k, ect...

18 ZL1 1LE|M6|Nav|PDR|CF Hood|CF WING|CF Dash|Tow Hook|
Battlezone580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 03:45 PM   #45
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamDiesel420 View Post
Yea 37k for a fully loaded V6, Rs package, NPP exhaust, Magnetic Ride ect..

37k for a car is nothing... A ford fusion costs 37k, a traverse costs 30k, ect...
I was just about to post about the Fusion...it's the RS though.

I priced out a Honda Pilot the other day and it was like $48K or something...a HONDA freakin PILOT.

like they say...you gotta pay to play.

here's a honda accord:
Total MSRP as built $39,381
Old 10-22-2015, 03:59 PM   #46
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
...They are getting close to European territory.

No...no they are not. What decent BMW, or Audi, with comparable performance are you getting for $38K??

Didn't all the manual cars come with the skip-shift "feature?" That was stupid as well, but at least it could be overridden easily.

Looking back at the article, I see that the base price is a lot less than $38K, so I guess the real question is, who in their right mind is going to blow that much on a fully-optioned V6 when they can get an SS or a 'Stang GT for the same or less?
Quote:
Not really crap I need or care about. Give me a nice interior and a big V8 that sounds good, and I'm happy. To each their own, though.
You basically just null and voided your above statement with this one. You don't care about the luxurious items, so IF you bought a V6 (I know you wouldn't) you wouldn't be spending nearly 38 grand. Again...ready my earlier response, where a similarly optioned out 2016 is only 1000 to 1,500 more than the 2010 V6 I bought in 2010.

Add those same items that bring the V6 to $38K to the 2SS, and you are sitting at mid 40K range.

By the way...didn't you used to own a V6 Camaro???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
I would really like to see proof for that before I would believe it truly. Technically it is possible while being unlikely.

There are however incentives for being a GM employee or dealership employee but that's about it.
I am not saying everyone can get it, but I am getting invoice price on my car, plus any other discounts that are available at the time I take delivery, such as USAA discount. Many people here are getting similar pricing. I'm not saying it is the norm, but don't act like we are all lying to you.

Quote:
Fine, but Camaros aren't luxury cars. If you want the goodies, buy a luxury car. If you want power, buy a V8. Guys, feel free to blow your money on whatever you want, but paying damn near $40K for a V6 Camaro?? Guess that's how GM stays in business.
Again...your priorities are different than others. That doesn't make your way of thinking the ONLY way. If someone wants all the goodies they can possibly get, but not the most power, why can't someone get that without getting flak from you or anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonK View Post
Back to the review....

Advice I'll be following if I buy:
You seem to think you will crash and die just trying to drive the Camaro without having every possible safety net. Well, I drove my 2010 without any safety features, or even the backup sensors (which were added later in the 2010 model year) without dying. (sarcasm!)

Please trust me when I say that if you adjust your damn mirrors correctly...lane changes and regular driving are no problem. Navigating tight spaces, or lots can be difficult, or maybe seeing a stop light can be harder if you are the first in line (have to lean down) but just drive the dang thing first and get yourself adjusted correctly. Then report back to us!
Old 10-22-2015, 04:08 PM   #47
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
Umm...sure, remember $4.00 a gallon gasoline - the market will also drive innovation, we may not like them, but others do. Regulations are often driven by us consumers and citizens, some agree some don't.
You must be smokin' something Denver...

Consumers drove CAFE? Give me a break.
Old 10-22-2015, 04:14 PM   #48
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
You basically just null and voided your above statement with this one. You don't care about the luxurious items, so IF you bought a V6 (I know you wouldn't) you wouldn't be spending nearly 38 grand. Again...ready my earlier response, where a similarly optioned out 2016 is only 1000 to 1,500 more than the 2010 V6 I bought in 2010.

Add those same items that bring the V6 to $38K to the 2SS, and you are sitting at mid 40K range.

By the way...didn't you used to own a V6 Camaro???

I am not saying everyone can get it, but I am getting invoice price on my car, plus any other discounts that are available at the time I take delivery, such as USAA discount. Many people here are getting similar pricing. I'm not saying it is the norm, but don't act like we are all lying to you.

Again...your priorities are different than others. That doesn't make your way of thinking the ONLY way. If someone wants all the goodies they can possibly get, but not the most power, why can't someone get that without getting flak from you or anyone else?
Yep, used to have a 2011, but traded in many years ago. I will never again make the mistake of buying a muscle car with a V6. I didn't really get what all the V8 fuss was about until I got one. Now I understand. Nothing wrong with the V6, but it's just not for me.

The original intent of this post was just to see if others thought the price of the loaded V6 was a bit crazy. Sorry, but I just can't wrap my head around paying that much, but nobody's gotta agree with me. To whoever wants one: get one and enjoy it

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 04:16 PM   #49
Wareaglea5

Drives: Gmc sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
I would really like to see proof for that before I would believe it truly. Technically it is possible while being unlikely.

I am looking into the ability of using GM points for my 2016 however they do not have any 2016s on their website and I called, just waiting for them check and call me back. I also do belong to the GM supplier discounts (via textron). They do NOT offer them for 2016 camaros currently. They may update them by the time I am going to the dealership to buy it however, currently there is no such incentive (Link to gm supplier discount) which updated 10/1/15. Perhaps a new update will change it, which should happen 11/1/15.

There are however incentives for being a GM employee or dealership employee but that's about it.
There will be plenty of deals soon, it's a regular Camaro we're talking about and it has to be able to compete with it's segment. Look at how well the Mustang is selling and the deals you can find for it.
Wareaglea5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 04:20 PM   #50
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydriver View Post
You must be smokin' something Denver...

Consumers drove CAFE? Give me a break.
Well, I'm not stating either way as I don't know what drove CAFE - in theory we citizens have some control over lawmakers so my point was that elected officials, and we can argue about if they are actually doing what we want, but in theory, yes we tell them what we want.

Now you stated or questioned if an engineer would have ever come up with an idea for cylinder deactivation if it weren't for regulation, and my answer is yes, it is possible that say...very high prices for gasoline would drive such innovation, and I'm quite sure that my point is well reasoned and logical.

I don't smoke.
Old 10-22-2015, 05:34 PM   #51
DevonK

Drives: TBD
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
You seem to think you will crash and die just trying to drive the Camaro without having every possible safety net. Well, I drove my 2010 without any safety features, or even the backup sensors (which were added later in the 2010 model year) without dying. (sarcasm!)
Couple of things here - first I don't commute, so mileage will be very low (current car has less than 40k miles after 10+years) meaning it will take a lot longer to adapt with my lower frequency of driving.

Second, your Jefferson City (pop. 43k) is very likely a lot more relaxed and less congested driving environment than the Greater Toronto Area (pop. approx. 5,000k) which has been shown in studies to have some of the worst traffic going in NA (they basically stopped building freeways 30 years ago when the city was a quarter its current size). Very heavy traffic all day, and tight parking, is par for the course here, so those aids will be needed. If they help me avoid one side swipe, scrape or bumper tap over 15 years they will pay for themselves. They may even give me lower insurance rates in my jurisdiction IIRC.
DevonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 07:42 PM   #52
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
Well, I'm not stating either way as I don't know what drove CAFE - in theory we citizens have some control over lawmakers so my point was that elected officials, and we can argue about if they are actually doing what we want, but in theory, yes we tell them what we want.

Now you stated or questioned if an engineer would have ever come up with an idea for cylinder deactivation if it weren't for regulation, and my answer is yes, it is possible that say...very high prices for gasoline would drive such innovation, and I'm quite sure that my point is well reasoned and logical.

I don't smoke.
Um, no
Quote:
"...we are not just going to be waiting for legislation...I’ve got a pen, and I’ve got a phone."

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 08:28 PM   #53
Ernest T

Drives: 2014 RS
Quote:
So the V6 as tested was $38K? That's crazy. Also, I see they added cylinder deactivation. Another WTF? All I can say is, my 5th gen is in no danger of being sold. These prices are a bit ridiculous.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...pper/74362200/
Our 2015 2LT listed for $36K so $38K is not out of line if it has options.
Ernest T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 09:09 PM   #54
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
Quote:
Yep, used to have a 2011, but traded in many years ago. I will never again make the mistake of buying a muscle car with a V6. I didn't really get what all the V8 fuss was about until I got one. Now I understand. Nothing wrong with the V6, but it's just not for me.

The original intent of this post was just to see if others thought the price of the loaded V6 was a bit crazy. Sorry, but I just can't wrap my head around paying that much, but nobody's gotta agree with me. To whoever wants one: get one and enjoy it
I was a bit harsh with you initially. But, you are a car guy and you are sticking with it. So, I'm going to give a more civilized response.

My history. Owned a couple of 1995 camaro z28's. Loved them and they were fast enough for me. Great performance and acceleration. I was also lucky on numerous occasions that I didn't kill myself or someone else while driving them.

This is going to be my daily driver.

If I were going to have a fair weather car it would be an Ariel atom or something crazy like that. Personally, I don't understand why anyone would want a camaro as a fair weather car and would subject themselves to a Toyota as a daily driver.

That said, the cost over the life of the car v6 vs v8 is going to be a few thousand dollars for gas/insurance.

As I stated earlier the V6 is already as fast or faster than the gen 4 camaro.

I'm 40 years old and married. I won't track, drag, or auto cross my car. I am after a car that has a manual transmission, is engaging, quick/fast, fun to drive, comfortable, good looking, great handling, and rear wheel drive. Only 3 other cars on the market that tick all (or most) those boxes for around $35,000. The Mustang, charger/challenger, and the 370z.

And, while I was initially shocked by the sticker price. Exactly as you were. I quickly found that car prices have gone up rather dramatically. Did you know a 3.6 ATS optioned out hits $50,000? I checked out a lot of comparable cars.... And even some prices on fwd cars.

Bottom line; cars have gotten more expensive.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:09 PM   #55
Cuda7050

Drives: 2012 SS LS3
I shopped 2015 Mustang Eco Boost with my son. Lots of loaded up models in the $30-35,000 range. He decided he didn't need all the extras and found a triple black 2016 Eco Boost with Performance Pack as the only option added for $25,400. Its a beautiful and nice performing car. So you don't have to spend a small fortune to get into a nice Mustang or Camaro.
Buttonwillow 2:23.736
Sacramento Raceway 12.89 at 112 mph
Thunderhill 2:22.242
Cuda7050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 09:20 PM   #56
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
That is a nice price and a nice car for a young man. Bravo