Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-18-2015, 06:40 PM   #1
DavidW

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Vert Auto IOM
Aftermarket exhaust that sounds like NPP

I absolutely love exhaust sound of the ZL1, its personal preference, I can't recall hearing anything else I thought sounded nearly as good.
I am guessing the exhaust note of the LS3 would be pretty much identical with the NPP, although I have not been around the NPP ls3 cars nearly as much as the ZL1, although seeing/hearing them in traffic they do seem to sound the same.

I am wondering is if there's a system out there, or a way to make my stock exhaust (muffler delete etc) sound close to the same as the NPP system without spending the $1500+ on the NPP system its self.

I havent heard too many aftermarket exhausts on the camaros, but one that comes to mind that I did hear was a pypes axle back, and that removed the mufflers completely, but didnt sound nearly as good, or loud as the NPP does with the flaps open.

If any of you have heard the NPP and something else that sounds very close to it I would appreciate it if you shared, thanks!
DavidW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 07:50 PM   #2
jravenfan

Drives: 2013 2SS Blue Ray Metallic
I agree with you on the sound of the NPP. Check the marketplace for your area and you may catch someone selling theirs. This is what I did and it was much much less than $1500.
Old 01-18-2015, 11:07 PM   #3
SixSpeeder

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS
The dual mode exhaust was a must have for me, I was willing to settle on the other options. It really sold me on this car in the end, good luck finding a similar setup or used one, no regrets here.

SixSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 11:34 AM   #4
SSmitch

Drives: 14 2SS/RS/1LE
I really like the sound of the NPP exhaust system, especially with Kooks headers & HF Cats.
Also you pull the fuse to have it open all the time, or add a switching device to turn it on or off.

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Livernois Motorsports:
Ported Heads, TB & Intake.
2 R Max Cam (W/upgraded dual valve springs & pushrods)
Kooks 1 7/8" SS Headers, HF Cats & NPP Exhaust
MSD Wire Set/Roto-Fab CAI
Elite Oil Catch Can/GM Oil Catch Can (Clean Side)
Custom Tune 93 Octane
500 WHP 453 WTQ
Sound Bite:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGBUYF1Ce9Q
Dyno Run:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPE6DrtnVfo
SSmitch is offline   Reply With Quote