Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-19-2014, 02:58 AM   #57
DaveA

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS vert
We live at a higher end apartment complex. There are spots in the back where everyone parks - typical parking lot style parking spots. I work over night so I'm able to get my choice of spots. I was grabbing an end spot near a dumpster. There is a one sided fence so I was protected from the dumpster, but I was ending up getting a lot of sap and pollen from the tree overhead. I now park on the other side at the end spot so I can essentially hug the curb and leave plenty of space on the other side for anyone parking near me. I think being a higher end place and most residents having nicer cars, people are more respectful/careful.
DaveA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:07 AM   #58
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Without fail, I will park my car in the nosebleed section, lol. For one, exercise never hurt anyone, and for two, I f*cking hate door dings. The only door ding I ever got on my car was during a meet w/ the Camaro club I used to be in. I had parked next to one of the club members and my girlfriend was in the car with me. She opened the door, and he opened the door at the same time... guess which door got whose edge and guess whose edge got whose door? Lol, I got it PDR'd within 3 days and ever since then I haven't had one ding, and I attribute that almost entirely to parking far away.

I've been pretty lucky in that I don't get the random straggler parking next to me even when I park far away, I guess people are so damn lazy down here that even a nice car isn't tempting enough to cause them to have to, god forbid, WALK a little to the grocery store.

Another thing to never do is take up more than one space, because there's a lot of people out there who will deliberately park next to you just to piss you off.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:13 AM   #59
Rainbow1616

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post
Without fail, I will park my car in the nosebleed section, lol. For one, exercise never hurt anyone, and for two, I f*cking hate door dings. The only door ding I ever got on my car was during a meet w/ the Camaro club I used to be in. I had parked next to one of the club members and my girlfriend was in the car with me. She opened the door, and he opened the door at the same time... guess which door got whose edge and guess whose edge got whose door? Lol, I got it PDR'd within 3 days and ever since then I haven't had one ding, and I attribute that almost entirely to parking far away.

I've been pretty lucky in that I don't get the random straggler parking next to me even when I park far away, I guess people are so damn lazy down here that even a nice car isn't tempting enough to cause them to have to, god forbid, WALK a little to the grocery store.

Another thing to never do is take up more than one space, because there's a lot of people out there who will deliberately park next to you just to piss you off.

Yep I do the same thing, Park as far away as I can. I don't mind walking. Never have had a problem with anyone parking next to Me.

I agree though Never Ever take up more than 1 space. That pisses people off and they Will intentionally do something.
Rainbow1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:31 PM   #60
ClawSS
High-tech Redneck

Drives: '10 CGM SS, '02 2500HD, '09 300SRT8

2010 CGM L99 2SS/RS - GPI SS3 VVT, BTR DoD Delete, Circle D 4c, BTR springs, Katech C5R Timing Chain, MRR-228 315/275, CAI, Elite catch-can, TSP 1 7/8" Headers + offroad pipes, Magnaflow 3", Pfadt springs, BMR LCAs, toelinks, trailing arms, cradle bushings, & sway bars w/ endlinks, Vitesse paddles, heritage grille, and an eBay splitter. Power upgrades by Race Proven Perf.; Tuning by ShorTuning.
ClawSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:41 PM   #61
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I park here at work. Im second person to arrive in the morning, so I always get the spot.

On Friday evenings after work a group of us meets at a local brewery. I always park on the top floor of the garage. There's usually a handful of cars when I get there. Usually a couple of Camaro's and Mustangs. But when I leave, I'm usually the only one there.

Old 06-20-2014, 06:40 AM   #62
ClawSS
High-tech Redneck

Drives: '10 CGM SS, '02 2500HD, '09 300SRT8
This thread made me take a picture when I got to work today. This is my usual spot whether in the SRT or the SS....but it was just fitting to go in this thread.
The picture was taken at the entrance door to the building...so yeah, this fat boy gets his exercise once in the morning and once in the afternoon.

2010 CGM L99 2SS/RS - GPI SS3 VVT, BTR DoD Delete, Circle D 4c, BTR springs, Katech C5R Timing Chain, MRR-228 315/275, CAI, Elite catch-can, TSP 1 7/8" Headers + offroad pipes, Magnaflow 3", Pfadt springs, BMR LCAs, toelinks, trailing arms, cradle bushings, & sway bars w/ endlinks, Vitesse paddles, heritage grille, and an eBay splitter. Power upgrades by Race Proven Perf.; Tuning by ShorTuning.

Last edited by ClawSS; 06-20-2014 at 07:14 AM.
ClawSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:03 PM   #63
SSmoke

Drives: 2SS IBM m6 / 04 Nissan Titan
Send a message via AIM to SSmoke Send a message via Yahoo to SSmoke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtdog View Post
You gotta find these spots.

agreed! always look for at least one side covered by a curb

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
SSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:49 PM   #64
ghostrider2

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow ZL1 Vert/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsblueray2013 View Post
You would hate me! I park far, far away and take 2 spots because I'm sick and tired of an empty parking lot to only found cars/trucks park beside me and leave dings. if you do it close up, yes your an a-hole. I park about 80-100 yards from the entrance of my phy therapy, and I had to do this to stop people from parking beside my new ZL1! So now I have no problem doing it if and only if I'm park way far out, and I only park way far out (it also helps keeping the shopping carts aways since people are just too lazy to even put them back anymore, nothing worse than a stray shopping cart *****smack!!!*****!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2014, 08:31 AM   #65
BowlingSS
Camaro Owner Since 1987

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT
At Yearone we have a section for Muscle Cars only.

Bill
VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
Gorilla Wheel Lock System; Bear Rotors, Hawk HPS
Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune
BowlingSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:45 AM   #66
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider2 View Post
You would hate me! I park far, far away and take 2 spots because I'm sick and tired of an empty parking lot to only found cars/trucks park beside me and leave dings. if you do it close up, yes your an a-hole. I park about 80-100 yards from the entrance of my phy therapy, and I had to do this to stop people from parking beside my new ZL1! So now I have no problem doing it if and only if I'm park way far out, and I only park way far out (it also helps keeping the shopping carts aways since people are just too lazy to even put them back anymore, nothing worse than a stray shopping cart *****smack!!!*****!

If it is an open parking lot and your in the back, I could care less, you still look like an ass either way. BUT You take up two spots in a crowded parking lot you could expect some problems here outside of Chicago. parking spots are sacred here. if you took up two parking spots and forced me to not be able to park at my apartment building there would be problems, I wouldnt key or damage your vehicle but lets just say the signs that have the towing companies number might be called.

Parking must be a popular thing to do with Camaro's bc there is always a new parking thread on this site.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:28 AM   #67
NJScorpio

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LT Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Parking must be a popular thing to do with Camaro's bc there is always a new parking thread on this site.
My Camaro is constatly moving.

Like a shark.
NJScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:58 AM   #68
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Like the title says!!!!
Attached Images

Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:01 AM   #69
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
I honestly park far away no matter what I'm driving. My beat to hell 209,000 mile blazer recieves the same treatment. It doesn't need any more punishment.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:03 AM   #70
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider2 View Post

I've parked in the back and still have been hit by a stray shopping cart. You will never be safe... It's best you just don't drive it at all.