Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 11-07-2017, 10:37 AM   #1023
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
many people dont buy a car just to go fast..
me personally the car has to be nice to drive
things i will not tollerate are

tramling.
motorway wandering at spped.
twichy handling on rough roads.
a motor with no torque.
I DONT EXCPECT TO PAY 50 000 USD for a car that scares me above 90mph..
i doubt the new s550 will be any different to any other mustang..
i will never own another mustang as long as i live..
EVERY FORD i have owned in my life has been a collosal pos..u see the ammount of 5 or 6 year old fords here falling to pieces and full of rust..

FORD MAKES SHITE CARS..the entire range is junk..
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:42 AM   #1024
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew peacock View Post

tramling.
a motor with no torque.
EVERY FORD i have owned in my life has been a collosal pos..u see the ammount of 5 or 6 year old fords here falling to pieces and full of rust..

But how to you really feel?
Old 11-07-2017, 10:49 AM   #1025
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
i like to let off steam now and then...

ah i feel better now...i feel a bit of a fraud right now not owning a v8 yank car..but i promiss ya all i'm working hard to get the 50k spare to buy a camaro..i refuse to loan money for anything..18 months time i'll have a camaro
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 11:02 AM   #1026
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
But how to you really feel?
It depends on which forum he's sucking up to.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 12:30 PM   #1027
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew peacock View Post

tramling.
a motor with no torque.

Tramlining is not a characteristic reserved for poorly made cars. Stay away from 1LE's and the like. Anything with serious tires up front for handlgin WILL tramline. My 1LE did, my M3 does too.

I agree, buying a car ONLY for performance is something people with enough money for a track car do. I have to DD my performance cars, so agree with your points there. My 1LE would wipe the floor with my M3 on the track and the strip, but I much prefer the M3 due to its creature comforts and overall vastly superior build quality(minus rod bearings LOL).
Old 11-07-2017, 01:19 PM   #1028
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
And how fast was the GT in 04? What was the excuse for the GT being a 14 sec car when import NA V6s were in the 13s? What is the excuse for the 05-10 GT being slower than the 02 Z28 SS? During the time that both cars were in production in the past 25 years, which one was faster for the majority of the time?
IIRC the GT was a 13.8 car in '04. Might have been the '05 though.

...nope '04 was still P.I. SOHC

Last edited by FastCarFanBoy; 11-07-2017 at 01:39 PM.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 02:11 PM   #1029
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
IIRC the GT was a 13.8 car in '04. Might have been the '05 though.

...nope '04 was still P.I. SOHC
Good grief, enough with the history lesson. This thread is about a comparison between the current models. Yes, the new Mustang refresh is going to make the comparison a close one as compared to the past, but the past is the past. Let it go...

I want to know if the new chassis bracing in the Mustang is going to get rid of the driveline vibration issues the S550 is plagued with. Did the added TQ from going DI/PI going to help the lack of low end torque? Did the revisions to the manual transmission help with the current crappy trans, or does it still suck? How well does the new 10spd auto trans work (it should be a great transmission from what I have heard so far).

I for one, am glad that the Mustang is getting such extensive work for the refresh. It sure needed it. I am particularly glad that it can now have dual mode exhaust and magnetic ride control (Magneride). Great options IMHO. Mustang fans will love it!
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 02:30 PM   #1030
germanicus

Drives: Pony Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
Good grief, enough with the history lesson. This thread is about a comparison between the current models. Yes, the new Mustang refresh is going to make the comparison a close one as compared to the past, but the past is the past. Let it go...

I want to know if the new chassis bracing in the Mustang is going to get rid of the driveline vibration issues the S550 is plagued with. Did the added TQ from going DI/PI going to help the lack of low end torque? Did the revisions to the manual transmission help with the current crappy trans, or does it still suck? How well does the new 10spd auto trans work (it should be a great transmission from what I have heard so far).

I for one, am glad that the Mustang is getting such extensive work for the refresh. It sure needed it. I am particularly glad that it can now have dual mode exhaust and magnetic ride control (Magneride). Great options IMHO. Mustang fans will love it!
I have owned 2 550s, both with MT-82 and have experienced no drive line vibrations or issues with the transmission. The MT-82 feels fantastic.
germanicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 02:43 PM   #1031
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanicus View Post
I have owned 2 550s, both with MT-82 and have experienced no drive line vibrations or issues with the transmission. The MT-82 feels fantastic.
Glad to hear it! Are you considering the new refresh S550? Lot's of new content. Like I said, the dual mode exhaust and Magneride will be great options to have. Plus the new digital instrument cluster looks great!
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 03:13 PM   #1032
germanicus

Quote:
Glad to hear it! Are you considering the new refresh S550? Lot's of new content. Like I said, the dual mode exhaust and Magneride will be great options to have. Plus the new digital instrument cluster looks great!
Considered, but I think it makes more sense to put a whipple on mine and continue with incremental modifications. I'm a few payments from clear ownership. Selling my current GT and then getting a new PP2 S550 with magneride isn't worth it for me at this point.

I have a BBK Varitune exhaust system which is comparable to the new dual mode exhaust.

More likely to assess the new S650 in 2021 and compare it with whatever Camaro has to offer then, or maybe a Vette.

I'm fairly brand agnostic.

Nice to have several options.
Old 11-07-2017, 03:39 PM   #1033
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
I want to know if the new chassis bracing in the Mustang is going to get rid of the driveline vibration issues the S550 is plagued with. Did the added TQ from going DI/PI going to help the lack of low end torque? Did the revisions to the manual transmission help with the current crappy trans, or does it still suck? How well does the new 10spd auto trans work (it should be a great transmission from what I have heard so far). !
I doubt Ford would be able to address all the issues of the S550 while keeping it affordable and offering the improved performance along with the refresh. I think this time around they might have to just settle for giving people a possibly low 12 second car that will still have the issues that are prevalent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanicus View Post
Driveline vibrations have been an issue with the S550. That doesn't mean that everyone will have it, but it is an issue. And it is serious enough that there are tons of complaints about it. Also the clunking in between shifts, most notably the 1>2 shift.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 04:16 PM   #1034
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
I doubt Ford would be able to address all the issues of the S550 while keeping it affordable and offering the improved performance along with the refresh. I think this time around they might have to just settle for giving people a possibly low 12 second car that will still have the issues that are prevalent.

Driveline vibrations have been an issue with the S550. That doesn't mean that everyone will have it, but it is an issue. And it is serious enough that there are tons of complaints about it. Also the clunking in between shifts, most notably the 1>2 shift.
Mine had it so bad I got a new driveshaft under warranty. Didn't help much.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 04:21 PM   #1035
germanicus

Quote:

Well I speak from my own personal experience having owned them. Define "tons".

While I don't claim others haven't experienced this, I can see that its not such a pervasive issue as there have been no TSB's, recalls, or (most importantly) third party suits in relation.

I do know that Ford has reportedly made changes to the MT-82, gone to a twin disc setup, and a dual mass flywheel. Along with adding 10 speed auto, new digital console, changes to suspension, and a completely reworked coyote and fuel system.

Lots more torque apparently.
Enticing.
I would probably take a PP2 GT over a regular GT350 at this point...

Interested in seeing what Camaro does in a year.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:23 PM   #1036
Speedofsound
Banned

Drives: 2007 Trailblazer SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadicus View Post
Mine had it so bad I got a new driveshaft under warranty. Didn't help much.
Shimming drivetrain is the only true fix so far from what I read. its the angle that needs adjustment and a new driveshaft doesnt help that.
Speedofsound is offline   Reply With Quote