Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-25-2024, 07:11 AM   #15
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I had a BIG TM hit on the 2-3 shift if I recall before tuning it out. Heck - I'm positive I can hear it on newer cars, like the Escalade V (I don't think I've seen videos with the CT5-V doing a 2-3 shift, but I'd be it was there, too). It sounds like it falls on it's face for a moment right after the shift.

You are getting around that with MIN SPARK ADVANCE...
There is absolutely no reason to mess with Min Spark Advance, it's there for a reason.

I see so many TOONS with that all jacked up.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 08:14 AM   #16
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
There is absolutely no reason to mess with Min Spark Advance, it's there for a reason.

I see so many TOONS with that all jacked up.

Ted.
I agree. But that's how people were getting around TM when T93s were still locked is all I'm saying. I can say that it helped though (though - maybe at the expense of tranny life if gone too far).

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 10:33 AM   #17
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I agree. But that's how people were getting around TM when T93s were still locked is all I'm saying. I can say that it helped though (though - maybe at the expense of tranny life if gone too far).
Even with the ability to get into the TCM, adjusting the minimum spark table is a way to limit how much timing pull you want on the shift. I certainly wouldn't disable all timing pull on the shift but I also don't want it pulling 40 degrees on the shift like the factory tune commands. So, you can go in there and modify that table to taste. There is nothing wrong with doing that when done correctly.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 10:44 AM   #18
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
Even with the ability to get into the TCM, adjusting the minimum spark table is a way to limit how much timing pull you want on the shift. I certainly wouldn't disable all timing pull on the shift but I also don't want it pulling 40 degrees on the shift like the factory tune commands. So, you can go in there and modify that table to taste. There is nothing wrong with doing that when done correctly.
My initial tuner did it that way, and leaves a good amount of TM in there. From what I've seen, what he commanded wasn't out of line, and I haven't messed with it. I feel good about it from what I can gather.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote