Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-14-2018, 09:33 PM   #15
1le32907

Drives: Summit white 1le ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oramac2016 View Post
Seeing and reading about all of you guys having issues getting your hoods..... Im glad I didnt order. Even the normal time stated of 6-8 weeks for a hood is a long time to me. What are they? Made-to-order?
When I order the fiberglass was said to be 4-6 weeks the website then went to 6-8 weeks it needs to say possibly with in 4-5 months I think.
1le32907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 01:31 AM   #16
Arugon

Drives: Summit White Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1le32907 View Post
When I order the fiberglass was said to be 4-6 weeks the website then went to 6-8 weeks it needs to say possibly with in 4-5 months I think.
You can always ask for a refund, Mark's a good guy and will understand
Old 01-15-2018, 06:21 AM   #17
Eyefixstuff

Drives: 16’ 2SS A8 HBM Procharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arugon View Post
You can always ask for a refund, Mark's a good guy and will understand
This. He is actually a great guy. I was offered a refund for mine, but going to wait another day or two to see if they can get it shipped. It sucks but sometimes this stuff happens. I haven’t had communication problems with them though like some of you have.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:28 AM   #18
1le32907

I haven’t had much of an issue until recently with communication. Really just trying to see if the hood is a reality or still months away and the frustration of not getting responses or timely updates took over in the thread
Old 01-15-2018, 12:26 PM   #19
Arugon

Drives: Summit White Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1le32907 View Post
I haven’t had much of an issue until recently with communication. Really just trying to see if the hood is a reality or still months away and the frustration of not getting responses or timely updates took over in the thread
Well I can tell you on Thursday/Friday he was in the desert with no signal shooting a show/movie. His main job is an actor, 6LE was just a hobby that turned into a full time business. Most of his income comes from acting.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:40 PM   #20
Dustya

Drives: Overkill Supercharged 2016 CamaroV6
I can tell you I have 5 different items on order from him Hood oct 14th and other pieces oct 24th some of which is not his product. His communication is great but never a solid answer unfortunately. Ive seen his products and they are good would hate to see his market ruined by heavily missed deadlines. Im rolling into 3 months of waiting im at a battle with myself how much longer I want to wait.. with no real ETA or shipment date im guessing at least another month. Its kind of disheartening because I was really excited for these items.

In the end I feel it will all be worth it there is nothing else on the market like his items so what can you do.

I am positive mark will deliver just hope its soon

Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/hyperhawkcamaro/
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHR...-ilSpV3gMQnTuA

Supercharged with Overkill Superchargers http://www.v6superchargers.com
Dustya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 03:19 PM   #21
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
this may or may not help some of you, asking about why things are taking so long. its a 3 page read, but from experience dealing with him, and from what hes done in this thread, hes legit.

for those waiting on hoods, theres an explanation on the time line...

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showpo...6&postcount=26

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 04:36 PM   #22
1le32907

Have read through that thread. Mark is definitely a good guy and I have to say he trying to help the guys out with good discounts. The big issue is no time line and hard to really get a good update. I was the first person to reach out to him and tell him hey how do I get that hood. He said probably a few extra days for the window and should ship reg. At most I was okay with it coming in my Christmas but it’s 2 months and 20days since I ordered and still no hood. I really just need a ship by date that’s all I’m asking since it’s been well over the promise time. Rksport is a huge company and can knock out hoods fast so if they are doing this why haven’t any of us since a finally product of the iroc hood besides the one on the SEMA car
Old 01-15-2018, 07:07 PM   #23
Dustya

Yeah its a tough situation for everyone and I know mark understands.

Positives
Great UNIQUE Products no one else has or is going to ever make
Great OEM fitment
Great guy who actually communicates with his customers

Negatives
Takes a long time to get

Gotta remember this sucks for everyone including Mark - Nothing has gone as exactly planned for him.

As with anything in life gotta outweigh the positives with the negatives and in the end once my impatient meter levels out a bit I will be glad I did wait. It is so hard though! As I had other things planned around getting these parts.

Old 01-16-2018, 08:14 AM   #24
Cupahaters

Drives: 2017 fifty camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustya View Post
Yeah its a tough situation for everyone and I know mark understands.

Positives
Great UNIQUE Products no one else has or is going to ever make
Great OEM fitment
Great guy who actually communicates with his customers

Negatives
Takes a long time to get

Gotta remember this sucks for everyone including Mark - Nothing has gone as exactly planned for him.

As with anything in life gotta outweigh the positives with the negatives and in the end once my impatient meter levels out a bit I will be glad I did wait. It is so hard though! As I had other things planned around getting these parts.

You must be a special customer because he does not respond to me. I emailed him Tuesday about my wheels I ordered in October. Advised him that if he didn’t respond I was going to dispute it. Then week later no response emailed again got no response so had to do what I had to do. Sucks because I really wanted the wheels.
Cupahaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 09:44 AM   #25
Mighunter

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
Well i hope he gets me my hood in the next month or two so i can have it painted in the spring. He has my money, i know that for sure and didn't have any issues taking it.

IMO, if he can't ship when he says they should ship, don't take our money until you actually ship them.
Mighunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:02 AM   #26
Capt Insaino

Drives: Fifty Anniversary Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupahaters View Post
You must be a special customer because he does not respond to me. I emailed him Tuesday about my wheels I ordered in October. Advised him that if he didn’t respond I was going to dispute it. Then week later no response emailed again got no response so had to do what I had to do. Sucks because I really wanted the wheels.
I also emailed him on 1/3 and 1/10 about the IROC wheels I had ordered, also with no response, and he usually is very quick at responding.
Capt Insaino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 12:39 PM   #27
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Dam, I want to order the front splitter extension. Not if it never comes though.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 01:10 PM   #28
Dustya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupahaters View Post
Lets face the reality here maybe I just got luck of the draw on my responses from him I don't know, Maybe its because I was respectful and understanding of the situation .. That by now everyone knows about ( communication )

If you really wanted the wheels you would have waited for them.

This is not a corporation you are dealing with its more of a Mom and Pop Style business.

I know it feels like im defending him here - I just like to look through the eyes of others before I decide what course of action I want to take.

NO ONE has received any Wheels yet so its not like people after you that ordered got their wheels and you didnt. And yes we are all kind of at the mercy of when they get to him powdered coated and shipped out. To my knowledge mark has not even received the wheels yet.. then they will need to be powder coated and shipped, Even if he has them in his hands now you would probably be looking at 2 weeks out still.

When I start seeing wheels and hoods and spoilers that others received and I dont have mine yet or any update thats when its time to take action. Otherwise its just all preemptive if you really like the item.