Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 01-08-2018, 01:13 PM   #29
Arugon

Drives: Summit White Camaro SS
Cool thing about living in California is that there are SO many Honda FartCans everywhere that when a cop hears a proper V8 they don't bother you ^_^

I'm running the Borla Atak system WITH 15% tinted Windows AND no front license plate, haven't been bothered once yet.
Old 01-08-2018, 04:18 PM   #30
SociallyAwk

Drives: '17 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arugon View Post
Cool thing about living in California is that there are SO many Honda FartCans everywhere that when a cop hears a proper V8 they don't bother you ^_^

I'm running the Borla Atak system WITH 15% tinted Windows AND no front license plate, haven't been bothered once yet.
Lady luck is on your side, m8.

Let me borrow her for a bit
Old 01-09-2018, 01:54 AM   #31
FATTEMUNK

Drives: 600whp 2016 C63 AMG/ 2018 SS 1LE
Most of the noise things are bs. When I lived in New Jersey, my mom got pulled over for a loud exhaust in a stock Lexus suv. They were monitoring that road because residents were annoyed by the loud cars. The house behind a 1/4 of trees and a wall. Ticket got thrown out. Stock lexus loud by ass.
FATTEMUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:46 AM   #32
FrostySS

Drives: 2018 Redline Edition 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FATTEMUNK View Post
Most of the noise things are bs. When I lived in New Jersey, my mom got pulled over for a loud exhaust in a stock Lexus suv. They were monitoring that road because residents were annoyed by the loud cars. The house behind a 1/4 of trees and a wall. Ticket got thrown out. Stock lexus loud by ass.
LOL, where in NJ?
2018 Redline Edition 2SS- A8, NPP, MRC, Recaro seats, ECS Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, cat deletes, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts Drake Muscle Car wicker bill, Adams Polishes Ceramic Coating

2010 Infiniti G37x Sedan for the DD.
FrostySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 12:06 PM   #33
exxit

Drives: 2016 1SS D1SC Methfed Lowered Wrapd
And that, my friends, is why i refuse to go with an axle back that does not have the ability to heavily muffle the exhaust like our NPP does.

The corsa setup sounds much better catless, but what is the point if you live in a state like Cali and are going to most likely get harassed for it by some chip on the shoulder chump.

I've been very lucky so far. The couple times where I was unlucky NPP literally saved me.

Once they pop my hood though, lol, its game over.
// 3M/Gotch Design Sponsored Gloss Deep Space Colorshift Wrap //
exxit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:33 AM   #34
Risky Justice

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
Just put two 15" subs in the trunk and you can get a sound ordinance violation instead
Old 01-10-2018, 09:58 AM   #35
jdasnt3

Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
Glad you posted this OP. I never knew this was a state law. I'll be sure to switch to "snow and ice" mode every time I am driving past a cop now.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:17 PM   #36
SSDanny

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arugon View Post

I've accidentally drove by a cop under a tunnel at around 4500 rpm.. Cop didn't even take a look at me haha. I'm straight piped with headers too, so I'm not sure if the cop was having a good day or they're really fed up with the Hondas lol.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:26 PM   #37
SociallyAwk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risky Justice View Post
Just put two 15" subs in the trunk and you can get a sound ordinance violation instead
Can we fit 15's in our cars.....?
Old 01-10-2018, 12:28 PM   #38
SociallyAwk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdasnt3 View Post
Glad you posted this OP. I never knew this was a state law. I'll be sure to switch to "snow and ice" mode every time I am driving past a cop now.
Luck be with you, my friend
Old 01-12-2018, 10:58 AM   #39
1CEBITN

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Vert w/2SS
Curious what they do about Harleys. Those things have no mufflers really and are much, much louder than our cars in track mode at WOT. I wonder if it would be admissible in court if you had a GM mechanic sign a statement saying he inspected your car and it is stock as sold by Chevy to you? Might also be worth trying to talk to the DA or assistant DA just to let him know your car is stock so he can save the time and money wasted by dealing with you in court. I've done that on speeding tickets before and, around here at least, they would much rather negotiate a deal with you outside of court to save $$. The judge's time is expensive so as long as you are respectful and don't cop an attitude with the DA or the judge I wouldn't think you would have an issue getting it thrown out.
1CEBITN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:00 AM   #40
nicktechla

Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CEBITN View Post
Curious what they do about Harleys. Those things have no mufflers really and are much, much louder than our cars in track mode at WOT. I wonder if it would be admissible in court if you had a GM mechanic sign a statement saying he inspected your car and it is stock as sold by Chevy to you? Might also be worth trying to talk to the DA or assistant DA just to let him know your car is stock so he can save the time and money wasted by dealing with you in court. I've done that on speeding tickets before and, around here at least, they would much rather negotiate a deal with you outside of court to save $$. The judge's time is expensive...
they do stock, but most people taking them off. they get tickets too. I have a few friends running like vance & hines pipes, which are basically just straight pipes. They've gotten fix it tickets before.
-- Past --
2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe - Red Hot - A10, PDR - HRE P101
2015 Mustang GT PP - Whipple Supercharger
nicktechla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 02:12 AM   #41
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
dont know about fl but in ny traffic court a judge can do whatever he wants. no proof needed. The judge will not go out and check your vehicle and even if you had a signed document that said your car is 100% stock he could still find you guilty. there is no appeal to traffic court. its not criminal court they could fine me $10k for driving a black car on sunday. There would be nothing I could do about it besides going to the news. I got a ticket for doing 45 in a 30 once but I was still in the 55 when I was stopped. I literally was looking at the 30mph sign ahead of me. The guy ahead of me got the same ticket at the same place. Judge said Im not going out there to look at the sign guilty. In ny its up to the officers discretion if your car is too loud. He could give a electric car a loud exhaust ticket. In maryland that a guy got pulled over for illegal tail lights in a new G8. The guy got a letter from GM and brought in the sales brochure showing his tail lights were factory. The judge said she didnt care about his evidence and found him guilty.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1

Last edited by JCunningham; 01-15-2018 at 02:23 AM.
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 05:52 AM   #42
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CEBITN View Post
Curious what they do about Harleys.
Max limit for motorcycles in FL is 3-6 dbA higher than cars depending on speed limit and year of manufacture.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/.../0316.293.html
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote