Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-03-2018, 07:30 AM   #1
01midmetws6

Drives: 16 Camaro 1SS A8
Brownstars?? Racestar coating issue

I recently ordered a set of Racestar polished black wheels for our shop car and they came brown. I ordered through AutoMafia racing and have been in contact with them about it. They have been great to work but don't have any margin to do anything with me.

Racestar told them to pound sand so I am looking for someone within RS that I may be able to contact. I know there is another member on this forum that has had similar issues.

Name:  20171226_113227.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  305.4 KB
01midmetws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 09:29 AM   #2
Snowblind

Drives: '16 2SS / '05 SRT10 Ram / '65 bu
Bad business on their part. Hope you find a resolution somehow.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:46 AM   #3
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Those look terrible. I would also contact racestar myself and see what they will do. One of them needs to pay for return shipping, replace defective product, or refund your money.

If they won’t, I would run a CC chardgeback as they never delivered you BLACK wheels like you ordered.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:17 PM   #4
01midmetws6

Drives: 16 Camaro 1SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
Those look terrible. I would also contact racestar myself and see what they will do. One of them needs to pay for return shipping, replace defective product, or refund your money.

If they won’t, I would run a CC chardgeback as they never delivered you BLACK wheels like you ordered.
I got the chance to call Racestar today and "Sam" who answered the phone was comically horrible. The following was our conversation.

Me - "I purchased black wheels and they are are brown"
Sam - "that is totally normal, some are black, some green and some brown"
Me - "what if they came bright yellow and I ordered black, do you see that as a problem"
Sam - "there is no warranty on our finish"
Me - "So that would be normal and meets your company's expectations"
Sam - "Yes it is part of the finishing process"
Me - "So you are telling me I am stuck with brown wheels when I ordered black?"
Sam - "We cannot do anything"
Me - This will be the last time I will be doing business with your company and cannot express how poorly this has been handled"
Sam - "OK, have a good weekend"

So that concludes my dealings with Racestar, I will smear there reputation as much as possible. I can't remember the last time I have dealt with a company that TRULY does not give two shits about the product or customer satisfaction!!
01midmetws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:28 PM   #5
MP3BOOSTED

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE (F1A-94 FBO H/C)
This makes me want to pull my rims out the boxes right now and put them in direct sunlight to check them!! I am waiting on my tires to come through so just did a quick look at the and left them in the box........
Performance Mods: F1A-94, DSX Flex Fuel Kit, MSD Spark Plug Wires, KOOK 2" off road headers, MBRP Race catback exhaust, Pray Performance Custom Boost Cam, Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade Kit, 7.850" Hardened Chromemoly Length Pushrods and Johnson Racing 2110R Lifters, TSP CNC'd Heads, Ported MSD intake manifold, 103mm Katech Throttle body, Forged Pistons/Rods, RPM Meth kit, DSX Aux Fuel system, AEM Failsafe and banks gauge, LT4 HPFP, LT4 injectors, BMR motor mounts, Hurst Short Throw, Manley SS exhaust valves

Videos of my car? Check here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNi...Qy1OL4NVGlPogw
MP3BOOSTED is offline   Reply With Quote