Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Phastek Performance

Old 12-29-2017, 01:07 PM   #1
Cheekster96

Drives: 2018 2SS Bright Red
Hello from Frigid Maine!

Good afternoon everybody. My name is Lee and live up in Maine. Was -19F this morning if anyone was curious.
I have owned two previous Camaros and looking at getting my third.
The first (my first car) was a '95 V6 (3.4) with the five speed stick and Purple Pearl Metallic. Had this for a few years in my early stages in the Navy. Hit a patch of black ice in Wyoming, flipped it and had it repaired..surprised insurance didn't total it.
Week after getting it back, went to a local Chevy dealer and traded it in on a '96 Z28. Bright Red with T Tops and the automatic. Loved this car! I put every bolt on mods and punched it out to 383 CI. Recently sold it to a fellow Camaro guru who drags with it.
Finances are in order, I am older, the wifey said okay, and I am ready for my next one!
I am looking to order a 2019 2SS in Bright Red, black rally stripes and the six speed. I already have it optioned out how I want it. Many questions..but will spread them out over time.
I have been a long time lurker..have read tons and tons and and find this site useful and everybody seems very helpful and nice.
I have belong to another Camaro site years ago when I had the Z28 (I think Gonzo ran it). Was part of the Tidewater Camaro Legends club down in Virginia and would like to be a part of another Camaro club up in the New England area. And no...I am not a Patriots fan. Even had the pleasure of meeting Scott Settlemire at a car show long time ago.
I am looking forward to learning alot more and chatting up with you great people.
First question...when does ordering (pre order) start for the 2019 Camaros? I have people ordering the ZR1s already....
Thanks all....have a great day! Happy New year!
Lee
Cheekster96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 03:34 PM   #2
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
Lee; Great portion of my life was spent in wonderful Maine, relocated to NC during 2012. Talked with one of my granddaughters this morning as it was a very chilly 27 degrees here in Coastal NC. She being located in Waterville told me that it was -18 there and she was moving in with Nana and I... bring it on!

This is my first Camaro as majority of my muscle cars over the years have been the Impala SSs. I have had a fair number of 61-64 with all engines.

When the Camaro came out in 2010 I kept saying I would have one, finally this year I convinced the wife that this would definitely increase my years on earth! I purchased at 2014 Convertible out of Dayton, Ohio that had just over 4 thousand miles on it.

Such a wonderful car.

With you the very best my friend. Good luck with the snow!

Larry
Old 12-29-2017, 04:56 PM   #3
StreetRage320
Those who need me got me

Drives: 2022 ZL1 A10
I would call the Chev dealership nearest you and ask them about pre-ordering. I have always found dealierships to be more than willing to accept pre-orders, or at the very least pre-plan. It makes me think they may be commissioned
StreetRage320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 05:00 PM   #4
SDTWDirect

Drives: Highly Modified
Great story and welcome from SoCal!

-AL of SDTW Direct
SDTWDirect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 05:30 PM   #5
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Welcome and Happy New Year!

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 07:56 PM   #6
Ashen 6.2

Drives: 2014 Camaro Z/SS
Welcome!

Mods - GPI 416 w/Custom Grind Cam, Ported Heads & Tuned by Ben, Mag Heartbeat, ZL1 Fuel Pump & DSX Aux Pump, NW 103 TB, FIC 1650's, Alky Meth, Circle D 3600 Triple Disc, RPM 5” CAI, Kooks Headers, Solo Cat Back, Viking Coil Overs & all the BMR Goodies in the rear, Zl1 3.23 Diff, DSS Axles, Gulfcoast Driveshaft, Hendrix Offset Diff Bushings, AFE Solid Subframe Bushings, 875HP/843TQ 5FDP
Ashen 6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 09:39 PM   #7
sbubbaklein

Drives: early 2011 Camaro convertible
welcome

Early 2011 LT Convertible, ZL1 bumper, hood, side skirts, belly pan and wheels, Truecarbon ECF hood extractor, K&N CAI, Elite catch can, Big Worm Bow Tie emblems, Jacfab bracket, Vitesse TC, BMR strut brace, BMR tunnel brace, NPP exhaust
sbubbaklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 07:11 AM   #8
Cheekster96

Thanks for the welcomes everybody.
I have checked out the two closest Chevy dealerships closest to me. One does not have a very good reputation and had no Camaros on their lot and the other, had several V6 models and sales people who were not very knowledgeable in the Camaros. I had asked them if they do custom orders for new Camaros and the guy I talked to said..."yeah, we do it all the time." Sweet I thought! Talking with the guy for a bit and the sales manager strolls by and over hears us and chimes in..."we have never ordered a custom Camaro from here." My next questions to that guy was..."how long have you worked here?"...."two months." See ya!
Went back to the dealer where I bought my GMC Sierra (wife bought her X1 there), they sell upscale GMCs, Bimmers, Mercedes, Infinitys etc...asked same questions...they do not custom order (not technically a Chevy dealer).
There is one dealership I want to go see and talk with about an hour from me near the NH state line. I feel like I am "dealership" buying vs "car buying".
I may reach out to Becky and ask her some questions. I hear everybody praise about her!
Another frigid, -19F morning again today...when is Spring? lol
Have a great day everyone!
Lee
Old 12-30-2017, 08:10 AM   #9
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Welcome! Love your lobster, love your books, hate your cold.

Name:  C60B483A-8F31-45AC-AC2F-009AD8D961B7.jpeg
Views: 195
Size:  19.4 KB
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 05:56 AM   #10
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Lee, Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5/6. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives', husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 01-03-2018, 04:36 PM   #11
Cheekster96

I want to party with you!
Old 01-03-2018, 04:58 PM   #12
Ralph@ESSTuning

Drives: 5th Gen Camaro SS
Welcome from Arizona! It was 75 today.. Sorry about that lol
Ralph@ESSTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 11:27 PM   #13
Q8yZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 (M6)
Welcome to the family Cheekster96!!
Q8yZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 11:53 AM   #14
Cheekster96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph@ESSTuning View Post
Welcome from Arizona! It was 75 today.. Sorry about that lol
I used to live in Scottsdale and Paradise Valley when I was growing up. Haven't been back to visit since 2004 ish.