Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-13-2018, 07:15 PM   #1401
Koldunic

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSfriendly View Post
But yeah, because a ZL1 1LE is faster than a GTR around Laguna Seca it's suddenly a supercar.
Ok then. It’s only a muscle car that is faster than a supercar (Nissan GTR) around Laguna Seca.

Good enough for me.

What is the definition of a supercar? Cost? Linear acceleration? Daily drivability? A little bit of everything?
Koldunic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:33 PM   #1402
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldunic View Post
Ok then. It’s only a muscle car that is faster than a supercar (Nissan GTR) around Laguna Seca.

Good enough for me.

What is the definition of a supercar? Cost? Linear acceleration? Daily drivability? A little bit of everything?
Yup!!

Another fact. The Z06 is a Supercar and the ZL1 and ZL1 1LE both can match and/or beat it in every performance category. Because it has Supercar level performance.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:26 PM   #1403
Bench racers

Drives: Slow as hell!!
And I though my feelings were being hurt when my uncle was calling my 5th gen Camaro 'a poor man's corvette" still....
Bench racers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:29 PM   #1404
Syphon23

Drives: 2008 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Yup!!

Another fact. The Z06 is a Supercar and the ZL1 and ZL1 1LE both can match and/or beat it in every performance category. Because it has Supercar level performance.
ZL1 Isnt really on the Z06 level. The Z06 A8 does 10.95 1/4 miles.. ZL1 is 11.5ish. And an unofficial Z06 Ring time was 3 seconds faster than the ZL1 1LE.

All that said the ZL1 is a super car.
Syphon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:33 PM   #1405
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench racers View Post
And I though my feelings were being hurt when my uncle was calling my 5th gen Camaro 'a poor man's corvette" still....
That used to be the case, but that line is very bury these days.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:18 PM   #1406
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
A fast lap does not make a supercar, I'm not sure where you dreamed up that one. Hell, a Miata can out perform a Ferrari on an autocross track...so it too must surely be performing at a supercar level.

You seem to ignore some of the most important aspects of a supercar (0-60, 1/4 mile and top speed).

But yeah, because a ZL1 1LE is faster than a GTR around Laguna Seca it's suddenly a supercar. Are you listening to yourself?

Said by someone who obviously can't afford a Ferrari.
Yeah and it does just fine in those areas and beats them on a track for far less money. In fact that’s even that much more impressive still turning faster laps with a speed deficit
I said it was performing on a supercar level. Which it is. Which you said it wasn’t. Was wrong. And still continue to squirm out different arguments.

Lol you’re so jealous of the zl1 1le. Are you listening to yourself ? Thanks for the laughs tonight

You’ll care about the lap time as soon as a mustang puts one up faster. Trolls gonna troll
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:54 PM   #1407
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syphon23 View Post
ZL1 Isnt really on the Z06 level. The Z06 A8 does 10.95 1/4 miles.. ZL1 is 11.5ish. And an unofficial Z06 Ring time was 3 seconds faster than the ZL1 1LE.

All that said the ZL1 is a super car.
The fastest I have seen the Z06 test at was an 11.4 which is exactly what the A10 ZL1 tests at. So they are neck and neck. GM did claim that the Z06 could do a 10.95 but I have not seen any tests where it has actually done that. So claims don't count. Just like FCA claimed the Hellcat would run faster than any test could manage.

Also, though it wasn't an official test, Hennessey did roll races with the M6 ZL1 and M7 Z06 and they were pretty much neck and neck. And that is with the ZL1 weighing more. So in acceleration it is definitely on the same level as the Z06.

Also on some tracks the ZL1 has hung with cars such as the Viper SRT10 ACR and others. That is the same level of performance. Although I would not technically call the ZL1 a Supercar since it is actually a Muscle Car I will say it has Supercar performance because it does.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:59 PM   #1408
SSfriendly
Banned

Drives: Looking
Quote:
You sure do like putting your foot in your mouth. I said it performs on the supercar level. If it hangs with or beats a Supercar even for just one lap, then it performed on a Supercar level. The ZL1 and ZL1 1LE can do that and more.

2017 Viper...Supercar...does the quarter mile in 11.3-11.7. Brand new GTR, another Supercar. Does the quarter mile in 11 flat. So by your ridiculous statements, does the fact that the cars in this video that beat the ZL1 1LE would also beat the Viper make the Viper NOT a Supercar? No. That would be a stupid argument. Also a fact that the ZL1 and ZL1 1LE can either match or beat the Viper which is a SUpercar. Following? The ZL1 and the ZL1 1LE both perform on the Supercar level whether you want to admit it or not. The thing is that you're soo angry and disgruntled that you can't even admit how good the ZL1s are.

Let me put it this way since you have a hard time admitting it. Name one car that is NOT a Supercar that stock for stock down to the tire can beat a standard ZL1 with A10 trans in the quarter mile. And then name one car that is NOT a Supercar that can beat the ZL1 1LE on a track. The only vehicles that can accomplish this are in fact Supercars some of which are not even faster. Guess what. That means the ZL1 has Supercar level performance.
Oh, please do explain to me how it can keep up 0-60, 1/4 mile or top speed with a McLaren 570GT. It's 0.8 seconds to 60 slower, a full second slower in the 1/4 mile and traps nearly 9 mph slower as well.

You keep on using the same lame narrative....just because a car can keep up with (some) supercars at laguna seca does not means it's performs at a supercar level. It means it performs well at laguna seca....and it get's demolished in acceleration by every supercar.
SSfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 10:01 PM   #1409
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench racers View Post
I always thought that was a true statement. But these days a fully loaded 2SS will put you at base model C7 prices depending on options. I know many who chose the 2SS fully optioned over a Vette simply because the Camaro is roomier and has the extra seats. Plus looking at the price of the ZL1, you're on the heels of fully loaded Z06 prices. In fact an extra $10K over my ZL1 would have put me in a marked down brand new 2017 3LZ Z06. But I had already signed for the ZL1 and it was a done deal. Plus I wanted the A10 trans. So it depends on a lot. Which would you pick between a GS and a ZL1? One is cheaper, faster, and has 650 hp. Which would you pick between a ZL1 and a 1LZ Z06? Similar price point but one is cheaper and has way more options. You could consider it a "poor man's Vette" or simply a much better deal.
Old 01-13-2018, 10:08 PM   #1410
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Oh, please do explain to me how it can keep up 0-60, 1/4 mile or top speed with a McLaren 570GT. It's 0.8 seconds to 60 slower, a full second slower in the 1/4 mile and traps nearly 9 mph slower as well.

You keep on using the same lame narrative....just because a car can keep up with (some) supercars at laguna seca does not means it's performs at a supercar level. It means it performs well at laguna seca....and it get's demolished in acceleration by every supercar.
The Viper is a Supercar. The Viper doesn't demolish the ZL1. The ZL1 hangs right with it and/or beats it.

The Z06 is a Supercar. The Z06 doesn't demolish the ZL1. The ZL1 hangs right with it despite being heavier.

It beat some of the Supercars in the video you posted.

Your statements are idiotic because there are lots of cars that ARE Supercars yet they can't beat the McLaren 750GT either. Does that mean they are not actually Supercars? So if you took all the Supercars and raced them, would the slowest one not be a Supercar simply because it can't beat the others? Your argument makes no sense. It has performed many times on the level of Supercars. Maybe not the absolute best and fastest Supercar on the planet that costs half a million dollars. But it performs on the level of cars that are included in that group. Get it? As much as you hate that we have cars on that level it is still true. I bet your friends at M6G would even agree. You can't agree because you're sore about the GT getting beaten down and all of us laughing at your ass for all the premature bragging you did.
Old 01-13-2018, 10:12 PM   #1411
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

https://www.motortrendondemand.com/d...o-/0_voj2f59k/
Old 01-13-2018, 10:13 PM   #1412
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

https://blog.dupontregistry.com/news...17-camaro-zl1/
Old 01-13-2018, 10:15 PM   #1413
Syphon23

Drives: 2008 Corvette
Quote:
The fastest I have seen the Z06 test at was an 11.4 which is exactly what the A10 ZL1 tests at. So they are neck and neck. GM did claim that the Z06 could do a 10.95 but I have not seen any tests where it has actually done that. So claims don't count. Just like FCA claimed the Hellcat would run faster than any test could manage.

Also, though it wasn't an official test, Hennessey did roll races with the M6 ZL1 and M7 Z06 and they were pretty much neck and neck. And that is with the ZL1 weighing more. So in acceleration it is definitely on the same level as the Z06.

Also on some tracks the ZL1 has hung with cars such as the Viper SRT10 ACR and others. That is the same level of performance. Although I would not technically call the ZL1 a Supercar since it is actually a Muscle Car I will say it has Supercar performance because it does.
This girl runs sub 11s alll night.

And heres even a 10.4 hero runs:

And Hennessy racers were all rolls and manuals. From a dig the Z06 has a bigger advantage.
Syphon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 10:21 PM   #1414
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syphon23 View Post
This girl runs sub 11s alll night.

And Hennessy racers were all rolls and manuals. From a dig the Z06 has a bigger advantage.
SMH...you don't compare YT videos and private owner runs to actual tests for the thousandth time. Why is it that every time someone claims a car is faster than the Camaro they have to compare a private owner run and YT videos to an instrumented magazine Camaro test?

For the record there are ZL1s that have hit high 10s bone stock and plenty that have gone low 11s bone stock. But thru testing, both cars have done 11.4s. They are neck and neck man no matter how you slice it when pitting the A10 against the A8. M6 ZL1 to M7 Z06 might have the Z06 edging it out but not enough to say it isn't a driver's race.