Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 01-13-2018, 05:02 PM   #1387
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSfriendly View Post
As for the ZL1 performing on the "supercar" level....man are you delusional.
Quote:
Actually, it did get demolished by all (supercars)..unless you want to consider the likes of a $67k Porsche 718 Cayman S a supercar.
Yes. The ZL1-1LE is a supercar. Faster lap than the McLaren 570GT, GT-R NISMO and Grand Sport. Smokin
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:20 PM   #1388
SSfriendly
Banned

Drives: Looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Yes. The ZL1-1LE is a supercar. Faster lap than the McLaren 570GT, GT-R NISMO and Grand Sport. Smokin
Nope, it is and always will be a Camaro, nothing more. Sure it handles phenomenally well, but it does so with a complete compromise in driveability and NVH. GM did a great job of building an all out track camaro, but it's road manners are complete shit. You couldn't pay me to daily drive one on any road north of the Mason Dixon line.

And the quality and materials used are in no way comparable to "real" supercars.

And the acceleration is totally outclassed by "real" supercars. That McLaren 570GT ran a 2.8 0-60 and a 10.7@131.9mph compared to the 3.6 0-60 and a 11.7@123 mph of the ZL1 1LE.
SSfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:21 PM   #1389
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
it is a beast on track for sure.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:24 PM   #1390
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
This a Camaro6 not Chargerhellcat1 incase you were lost.

Edit: if you lived by your forum title you would like the ZL1 and the Challenger hellcat too since they are both fast cars. Lol
you can keep saying I dont like the ZL1 or Challycat all you like...but I have never said that.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:30 PM   #1391
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Nope, it is and always will be a Camaro, nothing more. Sure it handles phenomenally well, but it does so with a complete compromise in driveability and NVH. GM did a great job of building an all out track camaro, but it's road manners are complete shit. You couldn't pay me to daily drive one on any road north of the Mason Dixon line.

And the quality and materials used are in no way comparable to "real" supercars.

And the acceleration is totally outclassed by "real" supercars. That McLaren 570GT ran a 2.8 0-60 and a 10.7@131.9mph compared to the 3.6 0-60 and a 11.7@123 mph of the ZL1 1LE.
Just how many supercars have you owned? Ive been around my fare share and not many of them are known for quality that's for sure. I guarantee you that any of those "super" cars are going to be in the shop getting repairs many more times over what a camaro will be and at a much greater cost. Your post prooves your udder lack of knowledge in the car world. Good job kid.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:31 PM   #1392
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
you can keep saying I dont like the ZL1 or Challycat all you like...but I have never said that.
Okay. Guess I was dreaming when I read your comment. Sorry.

Maybe I misunderstood. What did you mean?
Old 01-13-2018, 05:34 PM   #1393
SSfriendly
Banned

Quote:
Just how many supercars have you owned? Ive been around my fare share and not many of them are known for quality that's for sure. I guarantee you that any of those "super" cars are going to be in the shop getting repairs many more times over what a camaro will be and at a much greater cost. Your post prooves your udder lack of knowledge in the car world. Good job kid.
Quite a few actually.

Perhaps I should have worded things a bit differently. Material quality and fit and finish is far better on the exotics than anything GM and Ford (with the exception of the Ford "GT") puts out. We aren't talking about Ferrari's of the 80's and early 90's here.

Quality and reliability are not synonymous.
Old 01-13-2018, 05:54 PM   #1394
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:

You said it wasn’t performing on a supercar level. Quickly proven wrong and changed the subject to NVH and build quality. Fail

Your exact words were that one is delusional for thinking it’s performance was supercar level. It is. You’re wrong
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 06:04 PM   #1395
motorhead

Quote:
Quite a few actually.

Perhaps I should have worded things a bit differently. Material quality and fit and finish is far better on the exotics than anything GM and Ford (with the exception of the Ford "GT") puts out. We aren't talking about Ferrari's of the 80's and early 90's here.

Quality and reliability are not synonymous.
Yeah material quality, fit and finish and being the fastest mean everything when your in the shop because your reliability sucks. I'll take a cheap 650HP bulletproof chevy over any Ferrari with whatever rare mammal hide they decide to cover it in to try and make people believe they are actually worth what some rich guy is willing to pay just to say he has one.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:29 PM   #1396
SSfriendly
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
You said it wasn’t performing on a supercar level. Quickly proven wrong and changed the subject to NVH and build quality. Fail

Your exact words were that one is delusional for thinking it’s performance was supercar level. It is. You’re wrong
A fast lap does not make a supercar, I'm not sure where you dreamed up that one. Hell, a Miata can out perform a Ferrari on an autocross track...so it too must surely be performing at a supercar level.

You seem to ignore some of the most important aspects of a supercar (0-60, 1/4 mile and top speed).

But yeah, because a ZL1 1LE is faster than a GTR around Laguna Seca it's suddenly a supercar. Are you listening to yourself?

Quote:
Yeah material quality, fit and finish and being the fastest mean everything when your in the shop because your reliability sucks. I'll take a cheap 650HP bulletproof chevy over any Ferrari with whatever rare mammal hide they decide to cover it in to try and make people believe they are actually worth what some rich guy is willing to pay just to say he has one.
Said by someone who obviously can't afford a Ferrari.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:50 PM   #1397
motorhead

Quote:
A fast lap does not make a supercar, I'm not sure where you dreamed up that one. Hell, a Miata can out perform a Ferrari on an autocross track...so it too must surely be performing at a supercar level.

You seem to ignore some of the most important aspects of a supercar (0-60, 1/4 mile and top speed).

But yeah, because a ZL1 1LE is faster than a GTR around Laguna Seca it's suddenly a supercar. Are you listening to yourself?

Humm. I don't recall sharing my net worth with you. You have no idea what you are talking about in more ways than one. How many vehicles do you own right now? What's your net worth, because you act like a 12 year old living in mom's basement with the post you make.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:57 PM   #1398
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:

Car and Driver 10Best three consecutive years.
Quote:
Chevrolet Camaro V-6 / SS / ZL1 Coupes
...Camaro will demolish your preconceptions, one corner at a time.

...About that chassis. It’s one of the best in the world, with the kind of preternaturally intuitive steering, faultless brakes, and overall balance you’d expect from a Porsche.

...The ZL1 is a supercar that just happens to look like a Camaro.

A reputation is a hard thing to live down. Perception often lags reality, and the reality is this: Camaros are among the most sophisticated driver’s cars in the world. And three consecutive years on the 10Best Cars list proves that this Chevy isn’t just great at attacking a corner, it has also turned one.

https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...-coupes-page-4

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:13 PM   #1399
SSfriendly
Banned

Quote:
Humm. I don't recall sharing my net worth with you. You have no idea what you are talking about in more ways than one. How many vehicles do you own right now? What's your net worth, because you act like a 12 year old living in mom's basement with the post you make.
No offense, but those that can afford a 250k car don’t worry when their Ferrari goes into the shop. Their 10 other cars are perfectly suited to replace it.

You mythicaly choosing a Camaro over a Ferrari has no bearing on the subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Car and Driver 10Best three consecutive years.
Nice, so now one only needs to be in the 10 best to be a supercar. Crazy.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:15 PM   #1400
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
As for the ZL1 performing on the "supercar" level....man are you delusional.
Quote:
A fast lap does not make a supercar, I'm not sure where you dreamed up that one.
You sure do like putting your foot in your mouth. I said it performs on the supercar level. If it hangs with or beats a Supercar even for just one lap, then it performed on a Supercar level. The ZL1 and ZL1 1LE can do that and more.

2017 Viper...Supercar...does the quarter mile in 11.3-11.7. Brand new GTR, another Supercar. Does the quarter mile in 11 flat. So by your ridiculous statements, does the fact that the cars in this video that beat the ZL1 1LE would also beat the Viper make the Viper NOT a Supercar? No. That would be a stupid argument. Also a fact that the ZL1 and ZL1 1LE can either match or beat the Viper which is a SUpercar. Following? The ZL1 and the ZL1 1LE both perform on the Supercar level whether you want to admit it or not. The thing is that you're soo angry and disgruntled that you can't even admit how good the ZL1s are.

Let me put it this way since you have a hard time admitting it. Name one car that is NOT a Supercar that stock for stock down to the tire can beat a standard ZL1 with A10 trans in the quarter mile. And then name one car that is NOT a Supercar that can beat the ZL1 1LE on a track. The only vehicles that can accomplish this are in fact Supercars some of which are not even faster. Guess what. That means the ZL1 has Supercar level performance.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote