Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

AWE Tuning

Thread Closed

Old 12-19-2017, 04:28 PM   #71
MP3BOOSTED

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE (F1A-94 FBO H/C)
Old 12-19-2017, 04:46 PM   #72
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeS13 View Post
Perhaps not. But telling someone after two months that, "there's no way it'll be another two months" and providing no product after 17 weeks, after initially quoting me "about 30 days" would probably constitute as a lie.
Well threatening to file a dispute and not pay for your stuff also will stop things pretty fast.

One thing I don't think people understand is how much stuff does slip in this bushiness. I would say 50% of the ETA's manufacturers give us get missed.
Old 12-19-2017, 08:53 PM   #73
reeper

Drives: 2010 HD D/A, 2015 Z06, 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post

One thing I don't think people understand is how much stuff does slip in this bushiness. I would say 50% of the ETA's manufacturers give us get missed.
Yup, and it just happens to Maryland Speed :-)

hahahaha.... slipping by 3-4 months. Yea it happens to over vendors here as well but they tell you up front whats going on and let you cancel at anytime - no hassle. You most think we're all pretty stupid?

Bottom-line...you simply don't have the funds to fulfill a customers order when it comes in. Your simply trying to get products for customers that placed orders weeks or months ago with funds from current orders. Meanwhile your slipping further and further behind the 8-ball. You have to do it this way since no manufacturer is going to give you vendor credit. Pretty obvious once I saw your D&B....
Its a scam.....I'm just curious how much your in for?
OEM Blackout tail-lamps
OEM SEMA Grille
35% window tint
Black glow-tie
BMR Suspension (Pretty much everything)
ACS rear-deck spoiler
Rotofab CAI
Lolly-pop red rotors by Madison Powder Coating
Old 12-19-2017, 09:06 PM   #74
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
Well threatening to file a dispute and not pay for your stuff also will stop things pretty fast.

After numerous lies for 17 weeks? 17 weeks. Let's put that into perspective... I could have LITERALLY walked to the Kooks facility in North Carolina (from my house in California) and back in that time frame... Filing a dispute was the only option at that point. Even then, you're dragging your feet with my bank...

Branden is still insisting that he'll ship it if I cancel the dispute. We're already past 7 months... Just give it up, man.
Old 12-25-2017, 12:15 PM   #75
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
There is a simple resolution to all of this...Either provide the product or just take the loss and return all the customers money. Write off the loss on your taxes. With 15 years in bidness surely you have the funds to make all the refunds without breaking the bank.
Old 01-05-2018, 02:51 PM   #76
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeper View Post
Yup, and it just happens to Maryland Speed :-)

hahahaha.... slipping by 3-4 months. Yea it happens to over vendors here as well but they tell you up front whats going on and let you cancel at anytime - no hassle. You most think we're all pretty stupid?

Bottom-line...you simply don't have the funds to fulfill a customers order when it comes in. Your simply trying to get products for customers that placed orders weeks or months ago with funds from current orders. Meanwhile your slipping further and further behind the 8-ball. You have to do it this way since no manufacturer is going to give you vendor credit. Pretty obvious once I saw your D&B....
Its a scam.....I'm just curious how much your in for?
I find this to be the most interesting post in this thread. I'm quite surprised the vendor didn't reply. From your post, it sounds like they're running a ponzi scheme. If it were my business, I'd be quick to defend against that sort of accusation, especially since the ponzi issue is so pervasive within this industry. This type of ponzi has happened on other forums in the past, typically with terrible results for the end consumer. Just like anything else in life, buyer beware!
to invalidate anyone's personal views or thoughts, nor is it a condemnation of anyone's
race, religion, sex, sexual preferences, handicaps, or intellectual abilities.
Old 01-05-2018, 04:42 PM   #77
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Has this ever happened to anybody here? (Of course it has)

You: I am going to <insert place/activity>

Significant Other: What time will you be back?

You: I have no idea. It depends on traffic and how crowded it is.

Significant Other: Well, about what time do you think?

You: Seriously, I don't know... it all depends.

Significant Other (becoming a bit annoyed): I just need an estimate. About what time do you think?

You (realizing the inevitability of having to give an answer): OK... maybe like around 6... but that's just a guess.

Significant Other: OK, that's all I wanted.

You arrive home at 7.

Significant Other: Where the HELL have you been?!?
Old 01-05-2018, 07:59 PM   #78
MP3BOOSTED

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE (F1A-94 FBO H/C)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post

Significant Other (becoming a bit annoyed): I just need an estimate. About what time do you think?

You (realizing the inevitability of having to give an answer): OK... maybe like around 6... but that's just a guess.

You arrive home at 7.

Lol you hit it right on spot, but forgot to mention In this case this is how the ending really is..

You arrive home 6 months later

Significant other: I’m pregnant with someone else’s child I no longer need you, you took to long to get to me, I honestly forgot I even was waiting for you.

Performance Mods: F1A-94, DSX Flex Fuel Kit, MSD Spark Plug Wires, KOOK 2" off road headers, MBRP Race catback exhaust, Pray Performance Custom Boost Cam, Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade Kit, 7.850" Hardened Chromemoly Length Pushrods and Johnson Racing 2110R Lifters, TSP CNC'd Heads, Ported MSD intake manifold, 103mm Katech Throttle body, Forged Pistons/Rods, RPM Meth kit, DSX Aux Fuel system, AEM Failsafe and banks gauge, LT4 HPFP, LT4 injectors, BMR motor mounts, Hurst Short Throw, Manley SS exhaust valves

Videos of my car? Check here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNi...Qy1OL4NVGlPogw
Old 01-06-2018, 08:31 PM   #79
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post

You arrive home at 7.

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
Old 01-06-2018, 10:34 PM   #80
Yellow6thGen
18 ZL1 A10 Convertible

Drives: White ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeS13 View Post
After numerous lies for 17 weeks? 17 weeks. Let's put that into perspective... I could have LITERALLY walked to the Kooks facility in North Carolina (from my house in California) and back in that time frame... Filing a dispute was the only option at that point. Even then, you're dragging your feet with my bank...

Branden is still insisting that he'll ship it if I cancel the dispute. We're already past 7 months... Just give it up, man.
BBB complaint will fix it, did with my issues not with this vendor! They pay or resolve the complaint and use all of these messages printouts and upload to,BBB site. They have to respond to BBB within the timeframe.

Another question why isn’t the site Admin staff suspending them like eBay does if they have these type of complaints against them?

2018 ZL1 Convertible A10 @ Kooks R&D.
Old 01-09-2018, 05:26 AM   #81
JEBMotorsport

Drives: Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow6thGen View Post
BBB complaint will fix it, did with my issues not with this vendor! They pay or resolve the complaint and use all of these messages printouts and upload to,BBB site. They have to respond to BBB within the timeframe.

Another question why isn’t the site Admin staff suspending them like eBay does if they have these type of complaints against them?
Marylandspeed ... is no longer a supporting vendor at Corvetteforum as of last week.
Old 01-09-2018, 06:50 AM   #82
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow6thGen View Post

The BBB has no authority to do anything. Its a bigger scam than Maryland speed ever could be. People used to get all scared over the threat of calling the BBB until they woke up to see that they are a private company out to make money just like any of the other companies on the internet that have popped up doing the same thing. Its just like how reliability gets rated on cars. One brand has an infotainment system that has issues but everything else Is great. while another has less issues out of 100 than the infotainment issue car, but they are all motor related. That car gets a higher rating. Dumb in my book.

Closed Thread