Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

AWE Tuning

Thread Closed

Old 11-13-2017, 09:43 PM   #1
TimsZ28

Drives: '16 2SS, '14 Z71
Maryland Speed - Dispute Filed.

Well all of the warnings you read are true. If you are not willing to wait months and months DO NOT BUY from Maryland Speed and Brandon. If you do not wear him out you will never receive an item. Heck I thought I was and still didn't get my entire order. He told me on the phone customers become "problems" by emailing him in the middle of the night. So I emailed him on Saturday nights. Umm, well ship their stuff Brandon. Better yet, do not text THEM OFFERING a discount. (I did not ask for the discount he text then called me and OFFERED it) Then act like WE are wrong for taking the discount and expecting the part???? LOL

Every week was excuse after excuse. I have and uploaded all 31 emails in my dispute. My order was placed in August. I was shipped 2 of the 3 items I ordered after weeks of begging to get what I paid for basically. I was promised a "drop dead date" but then no real date. Then next week, then waiting to ship together, then 48 to 72 hrs or you can have a refund, after weeks and weeks of this went by I was done. I wrote him Saturday demanding shipment on my last part OR a refund by today, Monday 13 November (couple days shy of 90 days) @ 6pm. His response yesterday (Sunday), was "as of right now it should ship Tuesday or Wednesday do you want a refund or to wait.... I told him very clearly on Saturday that it was my last email to him and to refund or ship by Monday!

There was ZERO reason for the delay here. Meaning there was NOTHING on back order or other manufacturer delay's. He even tried to blame the local dealership for the tail lights. After I reminded him I am in the dealership network and asked if he is trying to tell me he has waited all of this time on a GM dealer to order the tail lights? Then he stopped blaming them.

He has already called me as you may see in another thread from a couple months back telling me about how he wins 80-90% of disputes. I guess that was a threat? Seems that way now.

I was wrong, I thought I could work it out..... For those who think you will not end up in the same boat as many of us think again. Do not be like me and think since he is allowed to post on Camaro6 as a vendor that he can be trusted.

I am shocked that Camaro6 has not banned him after all of these stories. For the moderators if you would like I would be glad to provide every email to you between Brandon and I. Just like I did to several agencies already. You can see for yourself if you think we are being dramatic or if this is the normal way he should treat customers on your site.

Edit and Update as of Today, November 21st.

Today the last item in my order arrived, the tail lights...

Like the Liar and Fraud that I was portrayed to be in Brandon's post I contacted the CC company to inform them as soon as the shipment arrived.

Nothing I wrote above was wrong or hyped to misguide anyone in any way. I gave them a drop dead date and time after nearly 90 days to fill the last portion of my order. I waited, and no shipment nor was there a refund issued. So I disputed the remaining portion of the order minus the % of discount applied to the order. Just a couple of days after I was sent a shipment notice. I waited to make sure it was not a box of rocks, then notified my CC company within the hour the shipment arrived.

Last edited by TimsZ28; 11-21-2017 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Update
Old 11-14-2017, 12:10 PM   #2
Slow_LT1

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Unfortunately I signed into this forum just to contact them for a deal on kooks and ended up in exact same situation. After waiting for 7 weeks I decided to raise a dispute through paypal even though I read somewhere here in the forum Brandon saying “you will be shocked how most of these disputes ends” and I guess he was trying to say dispute wont be in your favor. Anyways, after calling paypal through phone and explaining the whole situation and making it clear that marylandspeed mensioned clearly in their website that kooks takes 2-4 weeks to manufacture and I am already passed week 7 and the seller does not have exact date for delivery even after 7 weeks. They understood the situation and gave me full refund.
Old 11-14-2017, 01:05 PM   #3
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Just to be clear here the majority of the value of this order was delivered quite a while ago. Just waiting on taillights, which we had an issue with a dealer. We switched to another dealer and this is fixed. We are talking one item on a much larger order here. Dispute was filed with no warning, which is grounds enough to get it reversed. Being a package deal, with a package discount, he would have had to contact us to work out the value of the part he was canceling, which he did not do. Also if the dispute comes back with the full value of the order, when you have 80% of it, that is fraud on the customers part because he is getting a refund for parts he has. Customer claims he is a GM trainer and there should be no issue getting these parts. If so, why were they bought from us?

You did not try and work it out with us. We would have friendly phone conversations, then your email tone would be the complete opposite and very accusatory.

The biggest issue we face now is we have to stop discounting stuff. The discounting requires us to have customers who are willing to wait at times. However, now when we discount, people people take the discount and are happy. Then they start to wait and see posts like this. Next thing you know, they start applying pressure and making their own posts because they have seen "bad reviews" and it becomes a self reinforcing circle. I am tired of people taking huge discounts from us (in this case near 25%), being friendly when saving, then over a wait listed one our site and agreed to at purchase, it turns into to going for blood after our business.

We have even gotten to where we put our terms and discount policy right in our signature below. We have not been hiding how we do things.

Last edited by MarylandSpeed; 11-14-2017 at 01:17 PM.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:15 PM   #4
TimsZ28

Nice. So I am a lier and a fraud because I sent you money and gave you 90 days to ship me the tail lights. I was open about everything. In the above post and in the dispute down to the amount of discount to the penny.

So overturn the dispute and take me to court for fraud if that is what I am doing. You know my contact information to give to your lawyer.

You could have just shipped the part man.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:50 PM   #5
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimsZ28 View Post
Nice. So I am a lier and a fraud because I sent you money and gave you 90 days to ship me the tail lights. I was open about everything. In the above post and in the dispute down to the amount of discount to the penny.

So overturn the dispute and take me to court for fraud if that is what I am doing. You know my contact information to give to your lawyer.

You could have just shipped the part man.
We will overturn the dispute. Honestly again I hate arguing with customers. I saved you more than the tail lights cost. You would have spent hundreds more elsewhere. But now you hate us so much you go after our business in this manner. It's a shame and frankly depressing. Like I said, we need to stop playing in the cheap/value end of the market.
Old 11-14-2017, 04:16 PM   #6
VAZL1

Drives: 17 ZL1
I've dealt with Marylandspeed several times and had no issues. Not saying there wasn't an issue here, just saying my experience was positive and I will return as a customer.
Old 11-14-2017, 06:25 PM   #7
TimsZ28

I'd agree Brandon. If you do not plan to ship someone the part within 30 days you should not charge them. That is why there are laws against that.
You should not "play" with your customers money. Your words not mine. Sounds like you have figured out why so many of us are disappointed with you.

Last edited by TimsZ28; 11-14-2017 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Wording
Old 11-14-2017, 07:35 PM   #8
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
I know people post about “good experiences” much less often than bad ones, but I’ve seen 3,497 different members post about their horrible experiences with Maryland Speed. You are obviously doing SOMETHING wrong if that many customers are unhappy with their experience.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:13 PM   #9
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
I know people post about “good experiences” much less often than bad ones, but I’ve seen 3,497 different members post about their horrible experiences with Maryland Speed. You are obviously doing SOMETHING wrong if that many customers are unhappy with their experience.
We have been in business 15 years and have processed 100,000 orders.

The issue is the self reinforcing circle that is being created. People come to us wanting a discount. We list the wait 10 ways to Sunday. They ignore it, and don't care because they are saving money. Then as they wait they see posts here or there, and it turns into "I have seen the bad reviews on *pick a site*. Then it turns into lets turn the screws on them, act crazy, and then when I don't get my way, post my own review. You can see that intentionally clearly in the wording of the post..."All the warnings are true"!. Never mind you have had the vast majority of your order for a while.

Then the next customer sees the review and it starts over. Plain nonsense. Not to mention I have 1-2 people who randomly bump negative threads about us for sport whenever they get a chance despite never buying from us.

Only way to fix it is stop discounting like we do, charge more, so we have more places we can source parts from and ship faster. It makes no sense to sell something less than everyone else only to have your customers turn around hating you and throwing a knife in your back. I hate charging more, but that is the one thing I am getting from these posts.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:37 PM   #10
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post

The issue is the self reinforcing circle that is being created. People come to us wanting a discount. We list the wait 10 ways to Sunday. They ignore it, and don't care because they are saving money. Then as they wait they see posts here or there, and it turns into "I have seen the bad reviews on *pick a site*. Then it turns into lets turn the screws on them, act crazy, and then when I don't get my way, post my own review. You can see that intentionally clearly in the wording of the post..."All the warnings are true"!. Never mind you have had the vast majority of your order for a while.

Then the next customer sees the review and it starts over. Plain nonsense. Not to mention I have 1-2 people who randomly bump negative threads about us for sport whenever they get a chance despite never buying from us.

Only way to fix it is stop discounting like we do, charge more, so we have more places we can source parts from and ship faster. It makes no sense to sell something less than everyone else only to have your customers turn around hating you and throwing a knife in your back. I hate charging more, but that is the one thing I am getting from these posts.
I don’t have a dog in the fight, just mentioning I’ve seen multiple posts from first hand customers of yours go out their to post about their negative experience, not just a couple people either. I can’t think of a single negative post about any other vendors. Is that coincidence? If charging more is the only resolution to the bad experience some are having (whether right or wrong), maybe it’s worth doing. I don’t know. You only have 15 years and 100,000 orders more experience than me Best of luck to you and the customers to come to a rightful resolution.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:18 PM   #11
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post

I've been business for almost 30 years. I can't image putting talk like this out to my customer base. Wow! You shouldn't drunk post. Its bad for business. I will say one thing in your favor. People are turds these days. Its a Walmart mentality. Cheap shit wins. Then when the cheap shit fails people bitch. You are in a game that is impossible to win. You need to play a different game. I have never played the cheap game in my business. I dont want to be in bottom feeder world. Do something that separates you from the other guy in a good way and you won't have to be the cheapest game in town dealing with turds just trying to survive.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:23 PM   #12
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Not drunk posting lol.

Just being honest. I have seen so many people post lies and stuff not true..I figured it was time to be true. The discounting is what is causing the issue. Time to end it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I've been business for almost 30 years. I can't image putting talk like this out to my customer base. Wow! You shouldn't drunk post. Its bad for business. I will say one thing in your favor. People are turds these days. Its a Walmart mentality. Cheap shit wins. Then when the cheap shit fails people bitch. You are in a game that is impossible to win. You need to play a different game. I have never played the cheap game in my business. I dont want to be in bottom feeder world. Do something that separates you from the other guy in a good way and you won't have to be the cheapest game in town dealing with turds just trying to survive.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:28 PM   #13
james duperre

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
ive dealt with them in person, great guys. shit happens i guess, Id buy from them again and also have another install and tune done....
Old 11-14-2017, 09:42 PM   #14
TimsZ28

I did not seek you and your discount out. Remember you text me and offered the discount to "throw me over the fence". I have that text saved like all the emails. Now you are acting like I am in the wrong for expecting Product within 90 days. Lol.

Closed Thread