Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Bigwormgraphix

Thread Closed

Old 10-11-2017, 01:19 AM   #15
slowlypullin

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
SOB i just ordered a set of kooks headers and catback exhaust....I should of done my research before pulling the trigger. I'm only going to give them the 4 weeks, like their invoice says, if not I'm going to file a chargeback
Old 10-11-2017, 10:50 AM   #16
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlypullin View Post
SOB i just ordered a set of kooks headers and catback exhaust....I should of done my research before pulling the trigger. I'm only going to give them the 4 weeks, like their invoice says, if not I'm going to file a chargeback
You agreed to 4 weeks for a friggen exhaust system that comes in a box?!
Old 10-11-2017, 01:21 PM   #17
slowlypullin

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
You agreed to 4 weeks for a friggen exhaust system that comes in a box?!
The invoice says 2-4 weeks, so 4 weeks will be the max. I will just ask for my money back simple as that. The deal was too good to let it pass by, and plus I didnt know about maryland's reputation. But will see what happens.
Old 10-15-2017, 08:11 AM   #18
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
That's weird. Ordered from them years ago for most everything on my gen 5 and they were prompt with great pricing. Wonder what happened? Did they get too big for their own good and can't properly fulfill orders now?
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
Old 10-15-2017, 06:35 PM   #19
RedDragonSS2.0

Drives: 2017 Summit White Camaro SS 1LE
Ordered my Kooks on August 7th I have yet to get an update from them, I’ve called several times with no call back. I understand being patient but I expect some updates from time to time especially since I am over the 6/8 weeks they stated...

Rotofab Intake, Borla 60606 Midpipes, Corsa Extreme Axleback
Old 10-15-2017, 07:00 PM   #20
Bow Tie Affair

Drives: 6th. Gen ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
That's weird. Ordered from them years ago for most everything on my gen 5 and they were prompt with great pricing. Wonder what happened? Did they get too big for their own good and can't properly fulfill orders now?
Most likely they had a open line of credit and could order at will. They are probably having to pay in advance to place orders now. To get the biggest discount from the manufacturer they are probably required to buy "x" amount of dollars worth of product so, they take everybody's money and wait until they have a dollar amount required for the best discount. Instead of being able to order for future sales they are having to wait thus, creating a delay in delivering the product to the customer.
Old 10-18-2017, 08:10 PM   #21
ruffryderj

Drives: 2016 camaro ss2/ a8
Quote:
Originally Posted by djfury05 View Post
It's because they take your money and use it towards previous orders to fulfill those. Shady as hell. I ordered a Whipple from them and Whipple had my order for over a month and a half but no money. Guess what? No money, no Whipple. I made a dispute and got my money back f*ck Branden at Maryland Speed.
and he got a smart ass mouth too.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:47 PM   #22
RedDragonSS2.0

Drives: 2017 Summit White Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffryderj View Post
and he got a smart ass mouth too.
Agree 100%

Rotofab Intake, Borla 60606 Midpipes, Corsa Extreme Axleback
Old 10-20-2017, 07:16 AM   #23
MR 45TH

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDragonSS2.0 View Post
Ordered my Kooks on August 7th I have yet to get an update from them, I’ve called several times with no call back. I understand being patient but I expect some updates from time to time especially since I am over the 6/8 weeks they stated...
I'd completely be losing my mind by now!
Old 10-21-2017, 09:31 PM   #24
Daniel_94kg

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Krypton Green
I am experiencing the same thing at the moment. They told me 1-2 weeks to get a SW catback. Almost 2 months since I ordered it. Nothing. Keep getting told “we are contacting our supplier and will have an update”. They never get back to me. Filing a complaint with the BBB. I highly recommend everyone also do the same if you haven’t already. This is complete BS.
Old 10-24-2017, 02:37 PM   #25
reeper

Drives: 2010 HD D/A, 2015 Z06, 2016 2SS
I have a dispute pending with them. They are bottom of the barrel worst of the worst in terms of vendors.
OEM Blackout tail-lamps
OEM SEMA Grille
35% window tint
Black glow-tie
BMR Suspension (Pretty much everything)
ACS rear-deck spoiler
Rotofab CAI
Lolly-pop red rotors by Madison Powder Coating
Old 10-24-2017, 09:18 PM   #26
aronSlusa

Drives: '16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bow Tie Affair View Post
Most likely they had a open line of credit and could order at will. They are probably having to pay in advance to place orders now. To get the biggest discount from the manufacturer they are probably required to buy "x" amount of dollars worth of product so, they take everybody's money and wait until they have a dollar amount required for the best discount. Instead of being able to order for future sales they are having to wait thus, creating a delay in delivering the product to the customer.
I’d be all for supporting a “fund me” type of deal if that’s the case, but then let your people know who are prospectively ordering from you.
Don’t kick it into a “processing” status right away and say no refunds if that’s the case.

Pretty sure more people would be willing to buy and save if they knew wtf was actually going on before they ordered, vs waiting two months to be told something is invoiced in one of your two orders....to wait longer with no response to email inquiries for tracking info.

Not calling you out, BTA, more so giving a heads up.... know what you’re getting into before you buy. If the BBB had as much crap piled against MLS before I ordered, I would have thought twice and paid the extra $500 from someone/ a company like phasetek or direct from kooks.

Now, I’m just screwed in a waiting game for a bit yet before I engage legal support and or the bank disputing. I really hope it doesn’t come to that, I’d like to think people are inheriently good vs downright devious crooks.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:33 PM   #27
Bow Tie Affair

Drives: 6th. Gen ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronSlusa View Post
I’d be all for supporting a “fund me” type of deal if that’s the case, but then let your people know who are prospectively ordering from you.
Don’t kick it into a “processing” status right away and say no refunds if that’s the case.

Pretty sure more people would be willing to buy and save if they knew wtf was actually going on before they ordered, vs waiting two months to be told something is invoiced in one of your two orders....to wait longer with no response to email inquiries for tracking info.

Not calling you out, BTA, more so giving a heads up.... know what you’re getting into before you buy. If the BBB had as much crap piled against MLS before I ordered, I would have thought twice and paid the extra $500 from someone/ a company like phasetek or direct from kooks.

Now, I’m just screwed in a waiting game for a bit yet before I engage legal support and or the bank disputing. I really hope it doesn’t come to that, I’d like to think people are inheriently good vs downright devious crooks.
I agree 100% with you. I should been more clear and said what i was thinking. My thoughts are they no longer have open lines of credit, due to slow/no payment. I would never defend a company that has a track record such as them. I hope all goes well for you.
Old 11-05-2017, 06:46 AM   #28
chrish70

Drives: 2015 ls3 camaro ss
How are these guys still in business?

Closed Thread