Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 11-30-2016, 12:07 PM   #1
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
JANNETTY RACING FORCED INDUCTION Q&A

I started one of these over on Camaro5 and it has been very successful with over 10,000 veiws 135 replies so I thought it would be cool to start a Q&A session regarding Forced Induction since we are a major dealer for all supercharger, and turbo companies.

We have experience and can answer questions for the following companies.

A&A Corvettes Superchargers
AGP turbo
EastCoast Supercharging
Edelbrock
Hellion Turbo systems
Kraftwerks superchargers
Magnuson/Magnacharger
SLP superchargers
Paxton
Procharger
Vortech
Whipple

We work with all of these companies and offer full kits and Tuner kits with supporting mods and Custom tuning to make it a Plug and Play Power solution.

Any technical questions post them here and I will be happy to answer.

Please NO Questions regarding Pricing that should be handled via Email at tedj@jannettyracing.com

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 08:15 AM   #2
JoeAyalaM
Account Suspended

Drives: Audi S6 V8TT, Volvos XC60 & S60R
Ted,

From all the companies you mention, wich ones have systems for the 6 Gen Camaro and what are the expected power levels using 91 octane fuel?

Also, what systems would work better drivability wise with an A8 transmission?

Thanks.
JoeAyalaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 08:27 AM   #3
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeAyalaM View Post
Ted,

From all the companies you mention, wich ones have systems for the 6 Gen Camaro and what are the expected power levels using 91 octane fuel?

Also, what systems would work better drivability wise with an A8 transmission?

Thanks.
I expect you will see kits from all of them sooner or later.

Those in red are currently available, the rest are in the works, when we don't know yet.

I do expect Whipple to be next though as PRI is next week and I am going.

6 psi of boost is 6 psi of boost they will all make similar Peak power, the Centris with a slight edge at Redline but give up low speed torque to the PD blowers.

The turbo systems will have lag but will produce more torque and Horsepower per lb of boost, by what percentage is yet to be determined, but I expect it to be somewhere between 2-8%

AGP turbo
EastCoast Supercharging
Edelbrock

Hellion Turbo systems
Kraftwerks superchargers
Magnuson/Magnacharger
SLP superchargers
Paxton
Procharger
Vortech

Whipple
Old 12-01-2016, 08:33 AM   #4
sub_ETCS_ret

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
I expect you will see kits from all of them sooner or later.

Those in red are currently available, the rest are in the works, when we don't know yet.

I do expect Whipple to be next though as PRI is next week and I am going.

6 psi of boost is 6 psi of boost they will all make similar Peak power, the Centris with a slight edge at Redline but give up low speed torque to the PD blowers.

The turbo systems will have lag but will produce more torque and Horsepower per lb of boost, by what percentage is yet to be determined, but I expect it to be somewhere between 2-8%

AGP turbo
EastCoast Supercharging
Edelbrock

Hellion Turbo systems
Kraftwerks superchargers
Magnuson/Magnacharger
SLP superchargers
Paxton
Procharger
Vortech

Whipple
So 91 or 93 octane is going to have the same output? I don't understand that.

You're saying that all of those systems are recommended for an A8?
"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
sub_ETCS_ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 08:37 AM   #5
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub_ETCS_ret View Post
So 91 or 93 octane is going to have the same output? I don't understand that.

You're saying that all of those systems are recommended for an A8?
I did not say that sir.

Gains will be the same if you start on 91 and add the supercharger you will gain X power.

If you start on 93 and add a supercharger you will gain the same X power.

Your baseline numbers will reflect 91 or 93 octane.

Any of these systems can be used on an A8 or M6
Old 12-01-2016, 08:59 AM   #6
sub_ETCS_ret

Quote:
I did not say that sir.

Gains will be the same if you start on 91 and add the supercharger you will gain X power.

If you start on 93 and add a supercharger you will gain the same X power.

Your baseline numbers will reflect 91 or 93 octane.

Any of these systems can be used on an A8 or M6
So if you are already running 91 octane and you are provided a 93 octane tune what effect does that have?

I understand that any of these can be used on an A8 what is "Most" recommended? I would thing that one type/brand is better than another.
"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
Old 12-01-2016, 09:06 AM   #7
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
So if you are already running 91 octane and you are provided a 93 octane tune what effect does that have?

I understand that any of these can be used on an A8 what is "Most" recommended? I would thing that one type/brand is better than another.
Typically you will see about 10 HP per Octane point.

It really comes down to personal preference on what type of power curve you will use most.

PD blowers are pretty much the number one recommendation and choice for most people who use their car primarily on the street and will carry over very well to the track.

If your primary focus is Track then you may consider any of the above.

Ted.
Old 12-01-2016, 09:15 AM   #8
sub_ETCS_ret

Quote:
Typically you will see about 10 HP per Octane point.

It really comes down to personal preference on what type of power curve you will use most.

PD blowers are pretty much the number one recommendation and choice for most people who use their car primarily on the street and will carry over very well to the track.

If your primary focus is Track then you may consider any of the above.

Ted.
So the A8 doesn't have a leg up with any of the systems? I have read that the centris and A8 go well together because the A8 can keep it in the powerband. True or not?
Old 12-01-2016, 09:39 AM   #9
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
So the A8 doesn't have a leg up with any of the systems? I have read that the centris and A8 go well together because the A8 can keep it in the powerband. True or not?
True the 8 speed keeps the rpms up which will help the soggy feel of the centri or turbo
Old 12-01-2016, 09:56 AM   #10
Padre
Only drives on Sundays

Drives: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC NGray
Assuming an equal level of mods (intercooling, boost level, etc.) what is your experience with IATs with PD blowers? I did a centri on my last build, and loved it for the IATs and how I had it set up.

From my reading, of the newer systems, the Magnuson seems to have it handled best. What's your opinion? Looking at Magnuson, Edlebrock, or the LT4.

Padre

OLD HOTNESS: The "Heretic": '11 2SS/RS L99 A6 Black/Inferno. Build Journal, Videos
D1SC GT9 JBA-LT = 720/680 | 10.330 @ 133.61, 1.546 sixty... Camaro King at ECS V, Darlington.
NEW HOTNESS: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC. Bone Stock, 1/8th: 8.051 @ 89.44, 1.919
Padre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 10:09 AM   #11
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre View Post
Assuming an equal level of mods (intercooling, boost level, etc.) what is your experience with IATs with PD blowers? I did a centri on my last build, and loved it for the IATs and how I had it set up.

From my reading, of the newer systems, the Magnuson seems to have it handled best. What's your opinion? Looking at Magnuson, Edelbrock, or the LT4.

Padre
Magnuson definitely has handle on IAT with this generation, I have one on my car on the dyno as I type this and I can tell you first hand some of the lowest IAT I have seen and quickest recovery I have seen from any PD blower in this generation.

Previous generation Whipple was the King so I expect they will do a great job when they release theirs for this model.

At 6-10 psi of boost no one really has an IAT problem that are intercooled, the differences start showing up above 10 psi.
Old 12-01-2016, 10:18 AM   #12
Padre
Only drives on Sundays

Drives: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC NGray
Quote:
Magnuson definitely has handle on IAT with this generation, I have one on my car on the dyno as I type this and I can tell you first hand some of the lowest IAT I have seen and quickest recovery I have seen from any PD blower in this generation.
This makes me smile. Recovery is one of the key things for this drag racer.

Thanks Ted.

Padre

OLD HOTNESS: The "Heretic": '11 2SS/RS L99 A6 Black/Inferno. Build Journal, Videos
D1SC GT9 JBA-LT = 720/680 | 10.330 @ 133.61, 1.546 sixty... Camaro King at ECS V, Darlington.
NEW HOTNESS: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC. Bone Stock, 1/8th: 8.051 @ 89.44, 1.919
Padre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 12:21 AM   #13
solobaric

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
With a spot on tune, what kind of hp numbers are these motors capable of handling "safely" ? Wanting my SS to remain my daily driver for as long as possible, but with some boost!
solobaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 08:50 AM   #14
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by solobaric View Post
With a spot on tune, what kind of hp numbers are these motors capable of handling "safely" ? Wanting my SS to remain my daily driver for as long as possible, but with some boost!
All the tunes we do are spot on.

The engine can handle more power than the current fuel system can supply.

I am on the dyno with 16 SS A8, currently at 575 RWHP 581 RWTQ with only a Heartbeat, smaller pulley, Fuel pump voltage booster and a tune.

Still working on the tune a bit but very close to completion.

Ted.