Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 01-07-2017, 09:56 AM   #15
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
I ised Apple Carplay for Nav and Pandora radio on my 450ish mile drive from NC up to Maryland and it worked great once I got it to sync, getting it to sync was a bit of a pain.
Old 01-07-2017, 09:56 AM   #16
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomiboy View Post
I'm old and not super tech savvy, but like navigation and bluetooth. Have any of you used Apple Carplay to do navigation in your 1LE? I've heard that Google maps can't be used and Apples nav isn't too hot
I haven't tried yet. To be honest I haven't even paired my iPhone with the car yet lol. Too busy enjoying the drive to care about the tech stuff yet.

Anybody tried nav via Car Play yet?
Old 01-07-2017, 10:45 AM   #17
seanblurr

Drives: ZL1 1LE
Yes it's super easy and works fine. The *ONLY* issue with Apple maps via car play is if you try to do it while driving through the system it is Siri activation only. Meaning it can take a few tries to get it to understand what you are saying. I couldn't find a way to physically type anything in unless I used the phone.
Old 01-07-2017, 12:38 PM   #18
M.A.K.

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE , 75 Caddy, 15 Cruze
That seems to be how most of the systems are going. Had a Mercedes C 300 rental in October that was similar. Only voice would work on the go or points-of-interest I believe, kinda weird.

*Interesting Factoid! Chevy PDR is $1300 (us) and includes the cosworth tool box software. I highly recommend everyone with PDR download it...its free, and a very powerful tool for building speed at the track... For a similar, but not nearly as detailed a system, Ferrari will charge you over $10,000 on a $300 000 car... and the camera is mounted in the front of the bumper like some kind of blemish underneath the prancing horse logo!?! LOL, couldn't believe it.... Next time you see a 488 with a black dot in it's otherwise red nose you can chuckle knowing the guy paid 10 grand for it....

Hopefully this makes those who were second guessing getting PDR feel better about their decision! Also I know anyone spending 300K on a car probably doesn't give a s#*t about 10 grand, just think its humorous and wanted too share, no harm or ill feelings meant, LOVE ALL SPEED!!
M.A.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 01:25 PM   #19
Casalino

Drives: 17' 1LE BLK
I was just informed that at this moment, all 1le's come with PDR. so who feels good about making the decision, since we all have it right?
Casalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 01:42 PM   #20
DFW1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Mosiac Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
I haven't tried yet. To be honest I haven't even paired my iPhone with the car yet lol. Too busy enjoying the drive to care about the tech stuff yet.

Anybody tried nav via Car Play yet?
The dealer paired my iPhone before I drove off. Haven't yet tried to run nav from my phone over the car's screen.
DFW1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 01:43 PM   #21
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
I like the colors of the apple nav, very easy on the eyes. It sucks at rerouting though. Wish we could use Waze instead!
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 01:56 PM   #22
seanblurr

Keep in mind that apple car play only works when connected via cable, not bluetooth.

Apple maps is not my favorite, but I suppose it will work in a pinch. Or I will just do what I have been doing the past years, just do it on the phone...
Old 01-07-2017, 01:59 PM   #23
DFW1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Mosiac Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
It does not come with Nav. The radio code is still IO5, which is the non-nav uplevel Mylink.

I'll say this. If you plan on tracking the car at all, PDR is worth it. I wouldn't dream about owning one without if I were going to track it. I loved it in the ATS-V. With Cosworth Toolbox, you can really analyze all of the data from the recorder to help improve your times.

http://www.cosworth.com/toolbox/
Thanks Gearhead, was not aware of the Cosworth toolbox. Do you still have any 1LE's in inventory?
DFW1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 04:32 PM   #24
M.A.K.

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE , 75 Caddy, 15 Cruze
PDR is an available option on 1LE and ZL1 only. You can get a 1LE without it, although as of now i have not heard of any being built. It seems all of us that have ordered or taken delivery early on choose the option, yet too see one without. Have heard that they are not building any non PDR cars until later in year but that was just a rumor as far as I know...
If anyone has a solid piece of info please share!

Also for the price auto companies in general charge for NAV its way cheaper to get a separate unit for a fraction of the cost, along with often having lifetime updates.. ( if you dont want to use your phone's data etc..)
M.A.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 05:58 PM   #25
tx6g1le

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
With Cosworth Toolbox, you can really analyze all of the data from the recorder to help improve your times.

How did I not learn this when I bought my car?! Yet another reason this forum is a hero. Gearhead, does is simply record to the SD card that you have the video recording on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-07-2017, 06:11 PM   #26
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Carplay and Apple maps works pretty well once you get it hooked up.

But......I once had it connected, and then opened the camera app to record a tunnel video, getting into Boston....the maps app disconnected, and did not save the route offline.

The tunnel and subsequent buildings gave me problems getting a GPS signal and route downloaded to the phone.

Same thing happened to me up in the Adirondacks. For this reason, I am getting Chevy Nav, even though I'll probably use carpaly 90% of the time...
Old 01-07-2017, 06:35 PM   #27
seanblurr

I've noticed a few times that it seems to freeze up, and I need to disconnect and plug the cable back in in order to access apple car play from the screen, other wise when I click the app icon it makes a sound but doesnt actually go into the app. Is this because I used the actual phone for something? I've been trying to figure out why it does this on occasion.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:02 PM   #28
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx6g1le View Post
How did I not learn this when I bought my car?! Yet another reason this forum is a hero. Gearhead, does is simply record to the SD card that you have the video recording on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty sure the performance supplement talks about this software.