Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 02-03-2018, 02:43 AM   #421
Chris C 1SS 1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE
All positive. Wide range of people. Lots of lookers on road and when parked. Cold starts have startled people. Funny.
Old 02-03-2018, 04:14 PM   #422
CCG Garnet Red

Drives: 2017 RS Garnet Red Tintcoat A8
Drove it on a couple of errands today and got a "be careful in that pretty car" from the female teller as I went thru the drive-thru. Got great compliments from a former classmate at the post office. He looked it over inside and out and we spent about 10 minutes talking about it and other cars. Got the 3rd compliment of the day from a salesman at Belk in Tupelo from a former co-worker who had seen my son driving it to school as he dropped off his child. He said that it was really sharp.
CCG Garnet Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 08:08 PM   #423
STYLO LT1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Vert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
Last time I had it out, had a dude ask me where my mullet Was? I asked him where his dress was. Lol

Also had a lady tell me that I drive an ugly car.

Was a bad day for my 1LE. Lol

Have yet to have anyone tell me "nice car". Don't care, bought it for me, not to impress others. Maybe it's a regional thing.
Cgocifer- You have a very nice bad @ss car most could only wish they had. Those dissing the Camaro in most cases have never even owned a sports car and know nothing about cars. Lots of envious haters out there who believe everyone should only drive “a mustang.” I actually prefer the Camaro and I happen to own both. Yes, I’ve had issues with my Camaro but I still attribute it to first year production issues.
STYLO LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 08:55 PM   #424
JerseyGTO

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro SS
Had a driver for JB Hunt pull up next to me and stop traffic to say, "Hey man, that's a really nice car." He even leaned on the air horn after we chatted. Nice guy!
JerseyGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 03:05 AM   #425
Chris C 1SS 1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
The only opinion about a car, good or bad, that matters is the one that comes from the person that pays for it.
Love those terminators. Borla stinger exhaust? Picked up a 96 Mystic as a project but ended up selling couple years later.

Chris.
Old 02-04-2018, 03:07 PM   #426
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLO LT1 View Post
Cgocifer- You have a very nice bad @ss car most could only wish they had. Those dissing the Camaro in most cases have never even owned a sports car and know nothing about cars. Lots of envious haters out there who believe everyone should only drive “a mustang.” I actually prefer the Camaro and I happen to own both. Yes, I’ve had issues with my Camaro but I still attribute it to first year production issues.
Concur! Keep in mind, I only have 600 miles on it, so I haven't had it out that much. Winter came quick!

Yeah, I love the Camaro and that's really all that matters ;-)
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 08:17 AM   #427
SDG23

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
I love the 1LE but I also think that the general public sees the black hood and thinks there's something wrong with the paint, they're probably wondering why the hood isn't painted lol.

I got a compliment the other day from a BMW owner, a lady who really liked it. The only real time I hear people say anything are either at a drive thru or while I'm pumping gas, all positive.
Old 02-05-2018, 01:06 PM   #428
MJP

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LE Summit White
I was thinking of coming out with some leather fringe that you could velcro and run across the door sills and let hang out the doors.
Chicks don't say all that much about my Harley one way or the other.
On the the other hand, whenever I come out to the lot or get on or off my Indian Vintage, women all want to touch and play with the fringe.
Oowing and Awwing.
MJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 01:30 PM   #429
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
when i first got my car in feb of 2016 it was so new that people would always look and stare at it on the road and give me thumbs up and compliments lol

funny enough only peoople that would give me dirty looks or talk bad on it were 5th gen owners mostly cause they was jelly
Old 02-05-2018, 09:33 PM   #430
Tenfive

Drives: 2017 1SS camaro ,2SS a 68 + 08 C6
Nothing but compliments on the car .
Nightfall grey is an awesome color . Guy down the street owns a Yellow ZL1 , theres a red 1LE in the neighborhood , an older gen 5 Green one and a bronze one also .

Out here in palm beach horsepower ranches , there are tons of chevy guys and I usually wave at the other bow tie brigade members .
Tenfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 10:10 PM   #431
Allez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Was parking my car when a couple of kids (maybe 10-12 yo) walked by. One pulls out his phone and takes a pic of the car. Made my day lol.
Allez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 11:23 PM   #432
beflat10r

Drives: 2017 2LT, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JKU
When I had my '15 2SS, A woman told me it was a sexy car! Another woman told me it looked scary- like it frightened her. Drive through anythings always got compliments.
Some kids on the street followed me into my driveway and asked me to rev it.
With my new 6th Gen I haven't received "it's sexy" yet, but I've only had it less than a month.
I was told by the guy bringing the shopping cars in at the local food store "nice car" and then he said "someone was taking pictures of it. I guess they liked it too". I parked it way far away at the outer limits of the lot so someone would've had a long walk to take pictures. I'm looking forward to more positive comments in the coming months and years!
beflat10r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 06:01 PM   #433
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
when i first got my car in feb of 2016 it was so new that people would always look and stare at it on the road and give me thumbs up and compliments lol

funny enough only peoople that would give me dirty looks or talk bad on it were 5th gen owners mostly cause they was jelly
weird...im happy with my 5th gen and enjoy hanging out with other gen camaro owners at shows,etc.even looked at the 2016s before i found my 2015 RS.
redcoats1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 03:25 PM   #434
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
The guy at the AT&T store complimented my new car. I've had it for about 10 days. Granted, I have only managed to put about 300 miles on it so I haven't driven it out in public much. I find it a little weird to get a compliment on my car as I don't think I should be judged on what I drive, but I don't want to seem douchy if I blow off the compliment. Considering I do most of my daily driving in a Nissan Leaf, I find it funny how different people treat me when I'm in my Leaf vs in the Camaro. I'm not sure about the state of our society...
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote