Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-16-2018, 11:50 AM   #113
KonigWolf

Drives: 2016 2SS A8
Guess I'll roll the dice on it being a "downgrade." I don't think it'll be a issue until after boost is added.
My goal right now is just to see if I can get it bolted up into the car with OEM parts because I still have my old 3.27LSD diff from my 5gen in the garage. I'm working on getting the other three parts together to see if this whole idea will even work. Depending on where the parts are sourced, its about $210. I've seen the 3.27 diff sell for as low as $150; So I can destory a few before I have to swap the gen6 diff back in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowblind View Post
Any new news on this ?
It seems you M6 guys have an uphill battle, I checked on the Ford 9" conversion and it's over $5k (plus install)..wow.

As for the A8 guys, I've had good results so far with the 3.73 and I will push it harder this year. I have done some research and it appears that the V6 1LE car comes with 3.27 and a diff cooler (non eLsd and can be ordered thru GM) so that is an option for us also. That unit translates to a 14.9 effective 1st gear ratio and a 128 trap speed in 5th gear @6500 on a 28". That's money for the A8 right there.
That's quite interesting information, didn't know that until now. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole diff from GM is gonna run us about 2k.
Attached Images

DIY Hpt Tune - DR - 1.75-60' - 7.47@95 - 11.56@120 with +2676DA

Last edited by KonigWolf; 01-16-2018 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Didn't want to double post.
KonigWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 12:42 PM   #114
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
wrecking yard prices will be $550 to $750 if they become popular.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:44 AM   #115
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
I guess the upshot here is the A8 owners have options and M6 owners will need to keep their AAA subscription up to date.

It is good to know the SS drive train is ready for more power maybe with the axles being the weak link. The SS clutch seems to be holding up too. Did Chevy put the ZL1 drive train behind the SS minus the E-LSD? Its seems so. It probably saves Chevy money, causes them less headaches, and we benefit. Maybe I will bolt on a sidewinder if I get bored. Although heat soak is a bummer.