Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-10-2018, 03:16 PM   #29
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Still, Chevy can learn a thing or two from how Dodge advertises. Those “real people” commercials are absolutely terrible.
Horrible! I don't watch one of those and say, "man, I want to go out and buy a camaro!"

Those dodge ads on the other hand... if I didn't know more about cars, performance, weight, etc...
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 03:45 PM   #30
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Dodge commercials make you want to run to your local Dodge dealer with your wad of cash and scream "take my money"!!!

They know how to advertise performance!!!
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 03:52 PM   #31
Kise

Drives: 16' 2SS, 06' Silverado SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
Not saying specifically for the packages, just better advertising in general for the Camaro. They need to de-mulletize and de-transformerize the Camaro image. GM seems to prefer to link the Camaro to toys like hot wheels and transformers. Hmmm, as a 40 year old perspective buyer, do I want to drive a big child's toy or do I want to be in the brotherhood of muscle? Lol

I'm a car guy, so don't really care about that stuff, but there are tons of buyers out there who mainly care about image. One reason I think mustangs out sell Camaros is due to the fact that Mustangs have a more refined, classier, adult perception/aura about them. They don't look out of place in the parking lot of executives whereas a Camaro with hot wheels or transformer decals would be laughing stock. The dodges are more mature also but more aggressive, all American, classic muscle car. Again, something a 40 year old wouldn't be embarrassed to drive. I get that the target buyer for the Camaro may be younger, but why? 40+ year olds are the folks with the disposable income and starting of mid life car crisis.

Time to grow the image up to match what a great, refined, performance car they've become.
you can also get a 2015 base mustang with 15k miles for 12k lol they're like cobalts in quality and experience
Kise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 05:57 PM   #32
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard Parker View Post
I hate threads like this. You are asking for more options but complaining of a high price

Can’t have your cake and eat it it too
The price of entry is too high compared to the competition. As others have pointed out, the packaging of the Camaro leads to more than a person may want in a vehicle. My point is about the starting price on the order form. Separating options and rebundling of packages can add costs to those packages, but from a base price standpoint the Camaro could be more competitive. You seriously miss the point of such threads.

The price of the 5th Gen was 10% lower than the 6th, had a more diverse offering and was only 2-3% above the cost of a similar Mustang. The 6th gen is 8-10% more than the Mustang now and has fewer options.

Ford is turning over similar sales volume with the S550 platform and yet they are still able to offer a diverse order form on the Mustangs so each buyer gets exactly what they want for less than the cost of a Camaro.

GM won 2 or 3 months in the last 15 vs the Mustang & Challenger for deliveries -- but Mustang has won the rest.

Wyndham -- my thread was one of the first 10 in the Ask Al section when it was just "the good questions at the bottom" in their own thread. It was passed over entirely to talk about NLS and strut tower braces. I would much prefer to learn about the future of the Camaro platform and find out if we are going to see the forums frequent gripes addressed in a refresh (harkening back to the last time it actually went our way with the 1997 interior update) instead of covering questions you can read the answers to in Motor Trend or C&D.

As one person said, the 2019 is be nearly ready for launch at this point. What is the harm to GM in letting us know now if we are going to get choices that can increase sales and bring forward some early re-up customers?

Thanks for all the comments.
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 07:22 PM   #33
Cgocifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxChris View Post
The price of entry is too high compared to the competition. As others have pointed out, the packaging of the Camaro leads to more than a person may want in a vehicle. My point is about the starting price on the order form. Separating options and rebundling of packages can add costs to those packages, but from a base price standpoint the Camaro could be more competitive. You seriously miss the point of such threads.

The price of the 5th Gen was 10% lower than the 6th, had a more diverse offering and was only 2-3% above the cost of a similar Mustang. The 6th gen is 8-10% more than the Mustang now and has fewer options.

Ford is turning over similar sales volume with the S550 platform and yet they are still able to offer a diverse order form on the Mustangs so each buyer gets exactly what they want for less than the cost of a Camaro.

GM won 2 or 3 months in the last 15 vs the Mustang & Challenger for deliveries -- but Mustang has won the rest.

Wyndham -- my thread was one of the first 10 in the Ask Al section when it was just "the good questions at the bottom" in their own thread. It was passed over entirely to talk about NLS and strut tower braces. I would much prefer to learn about the future of the Camaro platform and find out if we are going to see the forums frequent gripes addressed in a refresh (harkening back to the last time it actually went our way with the 1997 interior update) instead of covering questions you can read the answers to in Motor Trend or C&D.

As one person said, the 2019 is be nearly ready for launch at this point. What is the harm to GM in letting us know now if we are going to get choices that can increase sales and bring forward some early re-up customers?

Thanks for all the comments.
Price of entry into a 911 or Lambo is too high. Cone on Porsche and Lambo, offer some better entry level options.........

In my opinion, please GM don't dumb down the Camaro any more than it akready is. If i coukd have ny way, there woukdnt even be a 4 or 6 cyl version. I'm so tired of the mullet comments and terrible decals, strobe lights, and other tacky crap I see at car shows on "custom" late model Camaros. Low price tends to attract tacky taste
Old 01-16-2018, 08:25 PM   #34
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Not saying specifically for the packages, just better advertising in general for the Camaro. They need to de-mulletize and de-transformerize the Camaro image. GM seems to prefer to link the Camaro to toys like hot wheels and transformers. Hmmm, as a 40 year old perspective buyer, do I want to drive a big child's toy or do I want to be in the brotherhood of muscle? Lol

I'm a car guy, so don't really care about that stuff, but there are tons of buyers out there who mainly care about image. One reason I think mustangs out sell Camaros is due to the fact that Mustangs have a more refined, classier, adult perception/aura about them. They don't look out of place in the parking lot of executives whereas a Camaro with hot wheels or transformer decals would be laughing stock. The dodges are more mature also but more aggressive, all American, classic muscle car. Again, something a 40 year old wouldn't be embarrassed to drive. I get that the target buyer for the Camaro may be younger, but why? 40+ year olds are the folks with the disposable income and starting of mid life car crisis.

Time to grow the image up to match what a great, refined, performance car they've become.
All American, classic muscle car brought to you by Fiat.....an Italian legend. LOL

So you must believe it when they say "Domestic, not domesticated"
Old 01-17-2018, 08:50 PM   #35
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Looks like 2018 Mustang pricing will be VERY close to Camaro pricing

Spent some time at the North American International Auto Show today. Found a 2018 Mustang GT Convertible, optioned out very similar to my car. Sticker was about $1,000 higher than my 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible.

And my car has HUD (not available on Mustang), a power operated convertible top with hard tonneau cover (not available on Mustang). Not sure if the Mustang has reconfigurable interior lighting, but will assume it does.
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Last edited by Martinjlm; 01-17-2018 at 09:00 PM.
Martinjlm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 08:56 PM   #36
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
$56k for that?

Nope.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:50 PM   #37
Cgocifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
$56k for that?

Nope.
What he said. Ridiculous! Then again, regardless of it being "just a Mustang" a sub 4 second car for under 60k still is a bargain isn't it?
Old 01-19-2018, 01:05 AM   #38
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Price of entry into a 911 or Lambo is too high. Cone on Porsche and Lambo, offer some better entry level options.........

In my opinion, please GM don't dumb down the Camaro any more than it akready is. If i coukd have ny way, there woukdnt even be a 4 or 6 cyl version. I'm so tired of the mullet comments and terrible decals, strobe lights, and other tacky crap I see at car shows on "custom" late model Camaros. Low price tends to attract tacky taste
and after all,nobody buys a camaro RS loaded just to drive to work,the beach etc when they could be buying a $10,000 more expensive SS.lets face it,the majority of sales are the 4 and 6 cylinder cars.if they go away the price per unit will have to increase as the number of camaros sold drops.my RS is completely stock and is one of the nicer cars out there.in fact ive won a couple of car shows with it locally without the "benefit" of decals or strobe lights,which are kind of like painting a moustache on the mona lisa.and ive seen a few SS models decked out with that crap too.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 07:28 AM   #39
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:

Without the 4 or 6 cylinder versions, the "dumbed-down" Camaro would cost as much as a Corvette, if not more.

To each their own, nothing more fun than hanging out with fellow Camaro owners. Not a single car is the same as the next.
Old 01-19-2018, 07:52 AM   #40
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:

Just remember that even back in 1967 for every RS/SS 350 4 speed front disc brake, rally gauge Camaro that people drool over at Barrett-Jackson, GM made 3 base Camaros with a straight 6 and either a 2 speed powerglide or 3 speed on the column and 4 wheel drum brakes.

The base models have always supported the top models.

Need I also remind you of the iron duke?
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 11:10 AM   #41
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
Quote:
If i coukd have ny way, there woukdnt even be a 4 or 6 cyl version. I'm so tired of the mullet comments and terrible decals, strobe lights, and other tacky crap I see at car shows on "custom" late model Camaros. Low price tends to attract tacky taste
If you had it your way, the Camaro would die again. The pony/muscle car segment has always depended on the availability of cheaper, more fuel efficient engines & associated models to make the big engine models cost efficient, and that's no less true today. Shoehorning everyone into a V8 would immediately demand Corvette-like prices, and while that may be fine by you, at the GM corporate level the obvious question would be why they have two performance cars at the same price when they could ditch the one with the almost unusable back seat and less capability in favor of a single line.

Also, having a V8 is no guarantee of avoiding that tacky stuff - far from it - and having the V8 doesn't make tacky any less tacky.
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 11:29 AM   #42
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
What he said. Ridiculous! Then again, regardless of it being "just a Mustang" a sub 4 second car for under 60k still is a bargain isn't it?
When you can get the same or better performance out of the Camaro for 40, paying 60 isn't a bargain.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote