Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-22-2017, 02:38 PM   #1
cengell

Drives: 2017 2LT Garnet Red
Camaro 2017 2LT Convertible BOSE POOR Sound!

Yeah my 2017 BOSE audio is not only poor but to get a flat signal so you can work with is costly.

So I have a 2017 2LT and want a sub and 2 rear 6.5" speakers and 2 6x9" front door speakers with 1 center speaker and 2 hi/mids in the dash. So I decided to add the M650-GM KIT838 NavTv unit, that will provide a true flat signal and outputs all of the Camaro sounds (turn signals, backup camera ect) costly at $850. To add to that I am using a JL TWKD8 and whats cool is the 80 band eq and inputs a Tosh fiber cable from the M650-GM so no noise or concerns with interference.

Last important is the power amp and I choose PDXF6 - Alpine 4 channel amp, 150 watts per speaker no matter the ohm 2 or 4 or 8, this will power the Audisons AVK6 for front door and dash Highs/Mids and Audison AVX5 for rear side panels, and for the sub a JBL 12 low profile Sub with Rockford Fosgate R500X1D amp a 600+ mono sub amp with a Remote PLC (Punch Level Control) included. So hoping for a awesome sound.

So fast forward to Oct 14, for the life of me I could not get to the correct BOSE plugs to attach the T harness for the M650-GM KIT838, so with that was the point to take it to a pro installer to finish the install, so last week was asked to come by to hear what they have done so far and I was shocked how poor it sounded. I expected so much more, lots of bass and door thumping bass as both doors are lined with door skins and other enhancements. This install is about $2500 plus the the eq cost. I am thinking it just needs to be tuned... Christopher

Last edited by cengell; 10-22-2017 at 07:44 PM.
cengell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 01:00 PM   #2
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Just seeing this. Did you ever get this resolved? Could be the toggle switches for bass on the M650.
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 02:33 PM   #3
cengell

Hi drfeelgood, well they would not tell me what they did but it does sound much better. What's funny a few weeks ago I saw the black wire plugged into a red plug. I am glad the sound quality is much better and I think they used the Alison audio unit to better tune my setup.

I have improved the bass with 2 JL 12 subs and now making a larger box for lower bass.

The only issue with the M650 is when playing a MP3 or MP4 and you pause that sound then no turn by turn sounds or turn signals blinking, so a poor design on NavTv end.

Christopher
Old 01-11-2018, 09:04 PM   #4
drfeelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by cengell View Post
Hi drfeelgood, well they would not tell me what they did but it does sound much better. What's funny a few weeks ago I saw the black wire plugged into a red plug. I am glad the sound quality is much better and I think they used the Alison audio unit to better tune my setup.

I have improved the bass with 2 JL 12 subs and now making a larger box for lower bass.

The only issue with the M650 is when playing a MP3 or MP4 and you pause that sound then no turn by turn sounds or turn signals blinking, so a poor design on NavTv end.

Christopher
I do not think I have this issue. I will record a video and show it to you when I go to the car. I think your installers just didn't do something correct to be honest.
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

Old 01-12-2018, 04:01 PM   #5
cengell

Hi drfeelgood, sorry the M650 is connected right I was talking about 1 of the audio wires were not plugged into the correct phase, that is red for right and black for left, those Idoi%# put the right into the left. WOW.

So don't think you will need to do a video for me but thanks!
Christopher
Old 01-12-2018, 05:20 PM   #6
drfeelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by cengell View Post
Hi drfeelgood, sorry the M650 is connected right I was talking about 1 of the audio wires were not plugged into the correct phase, that is red for right and black for left, those Idoi%# put the right into the left. WOW.

So don't think you will need to do a video for me but thanks!
Christopher
Oh ok, Regarding the M650 and not hearing sound when you pause an MP3 or MP4, did you get that fixed also? Because I checked and I def do not have that problem.