Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-27-2017, 03:25 PM   #29
rickyrocket

Drives: 2015 blk 1 SS
I had a tractor trailer back over my harley (I had to do a swan dive off of it)first thing out of trucking co safety was " too bad you won't get what its worth" I got a lawyer and I got $6300 for a bike I paid $3500 for because of the mods it had
Old 02-27-2017, 05:36 PM   #30
Talladega

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Here's a lesson for all. When the tow truck shows up and asks where you want it taken to, don't say "ABC Body Shop" or "Wherever I don't have a preference". Have it taken to your house. Then the insurance can come appraise it there and determine if it's totaled or not. If they want to total it or fix it they can have it towed again from there but at least you keep control of YOUR car and if needed can remove your stuff. This is what I did when my truck was totaled.
Talladega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 01:12 AM   #31
RED HEAT II

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt8892 View Post
Stopped at my red, it turned green and I proceeded to go. Girl blew her red at about 50 and took me out. Unfortunately with insurance and gap insurance I'll break even and won't be able to get into a camaro for a while again. I very strongly believe this car is totalled.

And the shop it's sitting at won't let me take any of my mods off. Headers axle back, cam, cai, mgw shifter, all sorts of suspension work, and much much more was done. I'm sore from the accident but fine otherwise. Not to sure how to proceed otherwise. If the cars totaled, I want my parts to sell. Idk if I can provide receipts to insurance for when the appraise the car, but even so, many parts I bought off forum members, so there's no real receipt.

Very scatter brained and I'm doing this from the phone. I uploaded pictures, so hopefully they go. If not, standby and I'll get the pics up. The carnage is savage.

FYI!.!.!. I feel your pain""" I caught a guy and held him until the police showed up in our back yard who was high on crystal meth. He was on our property for over 12 hours, he also destroyed our Toy Hauler when he broke in because he decided he was going to live there! We have him on our security cameras!!!!

My Insurance company is going to total it out and the payoff is not nearly enough to replace it. I hate the insurance industry when we are not made whole!!!

I will need to replace our Toy Hauler with an enclosed trailer to store my wife's Trike as well as our ATV. We purchased this unit brand new and it was barely used. We only have a two car garage and I already have two cars and two motorcycles in it.

This Toy Hauler was just payed off last year. There goes our retirement!!!! We had plans to enjoy travel with our motorcycles!!!!
Now it will cost us more money out of pocket just to find an enclosed trailer and we need to have it set up to meet our needs as well.

Good luck to you sir and I hope things work out for you....

2011 CAMARO
2014 CHALLENGER
2003 Honda VTX * 2002 VTX *
1999 Honda Valkyrie Trike ( Wifes )

RED HEAT II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 09:10 AM   #32
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Around these parts, I swear there must be some unwritten five second rule when it comes to red lights. This place is the absolute worst for red light runners.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 09:41 AM   #33
High Magnitude

Drives: 2014 2LT Camaro
Sue them
Old 02-28-2017, 10:18 AM   #34
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
Around these parts, I swear there must be some unwritten five second rule when it comes to red lights. This place is the absolute worst for red light runners.
No shit!!!! I didn't believe it until I moved here... I still wait, and look both ways twice out of habit. What's even funnier, as a bike rider, I wait until I have a cage or two rolling as a barrier before I'll enter the intersection too.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 10:24 AM   #35
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Is it me or is red light running becoming more prevalent? I have a ton of videos of trucks and semis blowing the light leaving work. It's awful

Ryan B.
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:03 AM   #36
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
Is it me or is red light running becoming more prevalent? I have a ton of videos of trucks and semis blowing the light leaving work. It's awful

Ryan B.
yes, it is becoming more and more prevalent. It's due to the cell phone, Mylink, Sync, Carplay, and any of the other "infotainment" gadgets that cause drivers to spend more time looking down than out of the windshield. Even the 'hands free" devices distract the driver's focus. If you're having a conversation with somebody, even hands free, I promise things are happening in front of you that you don't even realize.

Mandated 'safety' features like blind spot monitoring, collision warning, back up camera's and cross traffic alerts are a direct response to the fact that people spend more time on their gadgets than looking where they are going. Next time your at light, just count the number of people on their phone as they go by, it will make you cry and maybe scare you a little bit.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:23 AM   #37
Matt8892

Drives: 2010 2ss RS. White (RIP) 2012 LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Magnitude View Post
Sue them
How would I got about that?
Matt8892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:34 AM   #38
Coleroad

Drives: 13 Camaro
Quote:
Heck, in Harris county there's almost no road patrol inforcment. Stop sings red lights, they all seem to be optional. Look at how people there enter and exit the interstate. They will drive up or down the grass imbankment . They will merge into your lane even if you are beside them, because they don't care. Dallas is better compared to anywhere in Harris county. https://youtu.be/6IYMLm1GHs8
Coleroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:53 AM   #39
nosmr2

Drives: 2011 L99 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleroad View Post
Heck, in Harris county there's almost no road patrol inforcment. Stop sings red lights, they all seem to be optional. Look at how people there enter and exit the interstate. They will drive up or down the grass imbankment . They will merge into your lane even if you are beside them, because they don't care. Dallas is better compared to anywhere in Harris county. https://youtu.be/6IYMLm1GHs8
Harris county sucks. Saw a guy run a red light in downtown last week, t-boned a lady and knocked her up on to the curb and into a pole.

nosmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:54 AM   #40
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:

Mandated 'safety' features like blind spot monitoring, collision warning, back up camera's and cross traffic alerts are a direct response to the fact that people spend more time on their gadgets than looking where they are going. Next time your at light, just count the number of people on their phone as they go by, it will make you cry and maybe scare you a little bit.
This
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 12:48 PM   #41
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post

Ryan B.
In my area they changed all the signals a few years ago to have a 1-2 second delay between when one signal turns red and the cross traffic turns green. I think it kind of backfired as far as a safety feature because people figured out it gives them more of an opportunity to run the yellow.

"Green means go, red means stop, yellow means go very fast."
Old 02-28-2017, 02:25 PM   #42
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Nice "Starman" reference there.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote