Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-03-2018, 05:57 PM   #71
brettman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
So Joe, do you have a place to store your car after the divorce.......???.Lol.
It looks like that is going to be a nice build.
2016 Camaro 1SS, Red Hot, K&N Blackhawk intake, Whipple Supercharger, 3.125 pulley, Kooks 2" long tube headers, High flow cats, secondary cats delete, Mishimoto catch can, P3gauge, Lots of dress-up crap that don't make it go any faster.

Car Journal http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=490975

SC build http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=492656

Drive, Ride, Fly It Like You Stole It

GO BIG OR GO HOME
brettman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 06:23 PM   #72
Joe's_cool_1le

Drives: Black 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettman View Post
So Joe, do you have a place to store your car after the divorce.......???.Lol.
It looks like that is going to be a nice build.
LOL. She said I get to keep the mortgage too. So storage area - check!
2017 1LE SS Black - Mods - Forged - lowered compression - BTR custom Cam - Whipple, 3.500 upper and 8.0 lower pulley, Roto-Fab, 1 7/8 Kooks headers, off road pipes, & 3" Kooks full exhaust. LT4 fuel system, with Alky single nozzle running 100% meth. (not installed yet) DSX Tuning flex fuel and DSX tuning Aux pump
Joe's_cool_1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 07:00 PM   #73
brettman

LMAO, Great comeback Joe.
Are you competing for the head of the HP Camaro class on the web...lol.
Don't respond, just a joke. Best of luck on "THAT" build.
I watched your race vid to work, you should be able to cut that time in half.
2016 Camaro 1SS, Red Hot, K&N Blackhawk intake, Whipple Supercharger, 3.125 pulley, Kooks 2" long tube headers, High flow cats, secondary cats delete, Mishimoto catch can, P3gauge, Lots of dress-up crap that don't make it go any faster.

GO BIG OR GO HOME
Old 02-03-2018, 07:12 PM   #74
Joe's_cool_1le

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettman View Post
LMAO, Great comeback Joe.
Are you competing for the head of the HP Camaro class on the web...lol.
Don't respond, just a joke. Best of luck on "THAT" build.
I watched your race vid to work, you should be able to cut that time in half.
I can't claim that one. She really did say that after I showed her your comment. LOL. I think she's bluffing though.
2017 1LE SS Black - Mods - Forged - lowered compression - BTR custom Cam - Whipple, 3.500 upper and 8.0 lower pulley, Roto-Fab, 1 7/8 Kooks headers, off road pipes, & 3" Kooks full exhaust. LT4 fuel system, with Alky single nozzle running 100% meth. (not installed yet) DSX Tuning flex fuel and DSX tuning Aux pump
Old 02-03-2018, 07:17 PM   #75
1le32907

Drives: Summit white 1le ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's_cool_1le View Post
I can't claim that one. She really did say that after I showed her your comment. LOL. I think she's bluffing though.
I don’t know joe your making wanna do more to my build... I just picked up a 18 Silverado though and wanting to do some stuff to that. My wife even offered to buy the hood I was looking at lol. I don’t think she like the camaro very much lol. We are gonna need to get our cars together when yours is done
1le32907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 07:28 PM   #76
Joe's_cool_1le

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1le32907 View Post
I don’t know joe your making wanna do more to my build... I just picked up a 18 Silverado though and wanting to do some stuff to that. My wife even offered to buy the hood I was looking at lol. I don’t think she like the camaro very much lol. We are gonna need to get our cars together when yours is done
Haha... Right! Might need to have your wife talk to mine. LOL. Hoping to hit GA Roebling Road Raceway this spring so that might be a chance.
Old 02-03-2018, 07:34 PM   #77
1le32907

Drives: Summit white 1le ss
Quote:
Haha... Right! Might need to have your wife talk to mine. LOL. Hoping to hit GA Roebling Road Raceway this spring so that might be a chance.
Just let me know when and if I should have half shafts and drive shafts on order lol
1le32907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 07:42 PM   #78
Joe's_cool_1le

I just received this. I think they were a bit late though.
Attached Images

Old 02-03-2018, 10:21 PM   #79
brettman

Quote:
I just received this. I think they were a bit late though.
OH man, Should "I" rotate the tires??? OIL??? I thought was good till the end of time...WTF.....

GO BIG OR GO HOME
Old 02-07-2018, 06:43 PM   #80
Joe's_cool_1le

Added to the build. Upgrading trunion bearings and adding a meth kit with the 3 gallon trunk tank.

Probably should start a build thread instead of the blown front seal thread.

For any new people seeing this, here is the skinny verses having to read the entire thread.
Blew front and rear seals, 2 ring land pistons with some scratching on the walls that required a .005" to fix. Now forging.

Most likely caused by doing long pulls @ about 600 RWHP and 10PSI of boost. 14k miles on the car with 11k being boosted. Driven very hard with countless pulls from 2nd, 3rd, and top of 4th.
Old 02-08-2018, 06:58 AM   #81
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Added to the build. Upgrading trunion bearings and adding a meth kit with the 3 gallon trunk tank.

Probably should start a build thread instead of the blown front seal thread.

For any new people seeing this, here is the skinny verses having to read the entire thread.
Blew front and rear seals, 2 ring land pistons with some scratching on the walls that required a .005" to fix. Now forging.

Most likely caused by doing long pulls @ about 600 RWHP and 10PSI of boost. 14k miles on the car with 11k being boosted. Driven very hard with countless pulls from 2nd, 3rd, and top of 4th.

Hey Joe, Were you running the canned tune or custom and did you ever feel the tune was a contributing factor or anything specific you could have done differently?
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 08:48 AM   #82
Joe's_cool_1le

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Hey Joe, Were you running the canned tune or custom and did you ever feel the tune was a contributing factor or anything specific you could have done differently?
It was a custom tune from the start. My AFR was pretty conservative. Josh at HorsePower Solutions said from what he saw he just about guarantees it happened from a long pull causing too much heat which resulted in two ringland failures.
Old 02-08-2018, 09:07 AM   #83
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
It was a custom tune from the start. My AFR was pretty conservative. Josh at HorsePower Solutions said from what he saw he just about guarantees it happened from a long pull causing too much heat which resulted in two ringland failures.
Ahh man.. Sounds like that could easily happen to any of us then. I thought the consensus pretty much was that the stock pistons were pretty good up to about 650+ but I guess there are always exceptions. I wish the drop in pistons were more of a DIY thing but having no idea how to pull the motor, the tools, etc and there doesn't appear to be any reputable performance shops in my area. Hope I don't have to go down this path anytime soon.
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 09:08 AM   #84
oneredry
HYPER SS

Drives: 2016 Supercharged 2SS
Quote:
so then, is it not recommended for long pulls IE: highway pulls? Track times where they are in high revs a lot of the time?
3400 status 03/07/16 TPW of 03/14/16
4200 status 03/17/16 in transit!
Delivered 03/23/16
2SS Hyper Blue | 6M | NPP | Mag ride | ceramic white Int. | Black out bow ties | P3 Gauge| Front splitter. | 6 pot upgraded brembo brakes. | Magnuson Supercharger/95MM pulley | Rotofab Intake | ZL1 side skirts | HRE FF04 wheels - Michelin PSS4 | ZL1 add ons rock guards and lift points.
| AWE touring - resinated catback with link pipes.
oneredry is offline   Reply With Quote