Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 04-05-2012, 02:45 PM   #1
WildSis2SS
2010 Camaro 2SS Red Jewel

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Red Jewel
Transmission not wanting to up shift

I have 2010 SS automatic with 13000 miles on it. I only drive it the sport mode. When I drive it aggresstively around corners and when I come out of the corner I get on it the transmission does not want to up shift. I'll be doing anywhere from 60 to 75 mpr and the rmp's are going over 5500 to 6000 and doesn't want to shift. I just let off the gas so that it doesn't red line. This has happened to me 4 times this week and only when I drive it aggresstively around corners. I took it to the dealer and they stated that it drove fine for them. They also said that they hooked it up to the computer and everything was good. I don't believe that they did hook it up to the computer because they didnt see any codes. They would have seen the code for the check engine light.
I bought this last year, so I have been driving it for a year and it only happened to me maybe 2 times. Now this week it has been 4 times.
I also have headers and a full back exhaust on it. But, these items shouldn't be a factor.
Anyone else been having this problem?
Old 04-05-2012, 02:53 PM   #2
BigCarrot
xbox: this is tedious

Drives: 2011 1SS M6 Camaro IOM
Did you get the car tuned when you got headers?

If so I'd talk to the person who tuned it
Seems like just yesterday I spent $450 for a Roto Fab CAI!!! What the hell happened.
BigCarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:22 PM   #3
WildSis2SS

No I didnt. I haven't done anything different after the headers were added.
I bought it in Dec 2010 drove it home and put it in the barn till spring, by then we had the headers and exhaust on it.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:10 PM   #4
Griffintile

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS L99 convertible
That happened to me the other night when I was out testing my new tune. I planned on waiting to see if it did it again before I contacted tuner. I punched it as I was making a left, I was also in sport mode, with all the nannies off, it was weird like it would not up shift even after letting off the gas. Right before that I tried same maneuver with a lite power braking before turning left, and it made a clunking sound and hesitated. Mine is a 2011 2 SS/RS A6 with about 1300 miles with shorty headers and a cold air intake.
I think from now on anytime I want to really drive it hard I will use paddles. Slightly less aggressive driving I will use sport, and all cruising will be done in drive.
Griffintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:51 PM   #5
StlRomAniaN

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Sport mode is meant to do that. The ECU recognizes the aggressive driving and maintains that gear for better power out of the turn. No problems there.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:11 AM   #6
WildSis2SS

It's not suppose to red line...... Any other help out there?
Old 04-06-2012, 09:34 AM   #7
Griffintile

Mine would not shift even after I had started going straight, and let off the gas to return to normal driving. I had to bump it into D before it would shift on its own. I believe it did this one time before I had a tune also. I feel that these transmissions just get "confused" from time to time. Not going to worry to much about it unless it starts becoming a regular problem.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:43 AM   #8
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks

Drive it in D and it won't go into track mode. Simple solution to your "problem". Base on the limited descriptions - your experience sounds perfectly normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StlRomAniaN View Post
Sport mode is meant to do that. The ECU recognizes the aggressive driving and maintains that gear for better power out of the turn. No problems there.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:03 AM   #9
Griffintile

Never heard of track mode what exactly is it, and does it force the car into manual mode or something like that? Also I am sorry but I thought my original post in this thread was pretty descriptive, what other info would have been helpful. Thanks for the help, and to the OP for creating this thread.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:31 PM   #10
formare
The Milano

"track mode" - i suppose is my language for the following function. By way of examply, when exiting a corner and going straight - my car will hold at abot 3K rpm for about 2-3 seconds or so when in "track mode".

From the owners manaual:
While driving in M (Manual Mode),
if Tap Shift has not been activated,
the transmission determines when
the vehicle is being driven in a
competitive manner and will select
and hold the transmission in lower
gears and have more noticeable
upshifts for sportier vehicle
performance.

See
Manual Mode on page 8-29
for more information.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:54 PM   #11
Griffintile

Thanks, maybe I just didn't give it enough time to go back into the normal sport mode before I put it in drive. I will check it out a little better next time I am out in more deserted area. It just kinda took me by surprise the first time it happened.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:49 PM   #12
formare
The Milano

It took me by suprise too. Its a bit odd, that 2 or 3 seconds seems like forever when it happens. It's pretty cool on the back curves though...