#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 07-14-2022, 12:15 PM   #29
ZLRob

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamAir02 View Post
Not an '02, but I had a '99 T/A and a '00 WS6. They're in my sig. I acquired the handle ramair02 back in the fbody.com & ls1tech days (circa '01 - '02) as a middle schooler, maybe freshman in high school. An '02 WS6 was my dream car. Luckily I was able to make that dream a reality a few years later, albeit different year cars from that generation.
Ohh...

I didn't read the signature lol. That generation F body trans am was badass. Just a way better looking car all around than the Camaros. I always did want one, but I couldn't get past how the engine was tucked so deeply into the dash the way it was. Making working on it such a chore.
2017 Red Hot ZL1 A10 - Apex ARC-8's, 305/ 325 PS4's, DSX 9.06 12% Pulley, NGK HR7 Ruthenium spark plugs, Katech Oil Pump, LME tensioner, DOD delete, Cam, MPI lid, Soler ported 87mm (91mm effective) TB, Granatelli SS plug wires, Cordes LTR reservoir, DMS T-stat housing, Borla X pipe, AFe NPP exhaust, Black Widow Angry Housewife/ Venom 250 mufflers, BMR engine mounts, Banks iDash, Lithium Battery, Course Motorsports phone mount, AEM X- Series, HP Tuners, JMS, E85, 13.6 psi
737 HP/ 779 TQ

ZLRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 12:21 PM   #30
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLRob View Post
Ohh...

I didn't read the signature lol. That generation F body trans am was badass. Just a way better looking car all around than the Camaros. I always did want one, but I couldn't get past how the engine was tucked so deeply into the dash the way it was. Making working on it such a chore.
Don't remind me what doing heads/cam, headers, etc. in my parents garage was like on that car Every knuckle on both hands have scars Still, I LOVED those cars. Poured literal blood, sweat & tears into them.
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 12:48 PM   #31
ZLRob

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamAir02 View Post
Don't remind me what doing heads/cam, headers, etc. in my parents garage was like on that car Every knuckle on both hands have scars Still, I LOVED those cars. Poured literal blood, sweat & tears into them.
I used to own the LT1 version of the F-body Camaro. Burnt so many spark plug wires so frequently that I was able to change out a wire as fast as 5 minutes.

I have a huge disdain towards that gen now. lol.

Reverse flow cooling system... GM really produced a turd there. Ahahaha.
2017 Red Hot ZL1 A10 - Apex ARC-8's, 305/ 325 PS4's, DSX 9.06 12% Pulley, NGK HR7 Ruthenium spark plugs, Katech Oil Pump, LME tensioner, DOD delete, Cam, MPI lid, Soler ported 87mm (91mm effective) TB, Granatelli SS plug wires, Cordes LTR reservoir, DMS T-stat housing, Borla X pipe, AFe NPP exhaust, Black Widow Angry Housewife/ Venom 250 mufflers, BMR engine mounts, Banks iDash, Lithium Battery, Course Motorsports phone mount, AEM X- Series, HP Tuners, JMS, E85, 13.6 psi
737 HP/ 779 TQ

ZLRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 12:49 PM   #32
SFV1LE

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubo View Post
I get 0 pops and crackles in my 20 ZLE
I have a 100% stock 2018 ZLE M6 and it has always had some pops, cracks and burbles on decel from 2nd gear... this is true of all ZL1s and according to many it's more pronounced now since 2019 ECU code update. I also noticed that the burbles and pops go away some after you disconnect the battery, then they come back as the ECU relearns fuel trims, etc. This is not surprising.

It sort of comes and goes over time and depends on how you drive it, but easy to make it do this. If your ZL1 truly never does this no mater how you drive or do the mid-RPM decel holding 2nd gear, I would get it checked, may be an issue with tune.
SFV1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 12:54 PM   #33
SFV1LE

Anyone know if Chevy dealer will update the ECU to latest tune if we ask them to, or pay them to? I like to have the latest developments and all relevant hardware is the same--even if the oil pump changed.

Btw.. my 2018 ZLE has always had same oil pressure at different RPM levels recently reported by 2021-2022 owners.
Old 07-14-2022, 01:05 PM   #34
SFV1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmate1 View Post
They raised the ride height slightly as respects the ZLE in 2019+MY as they noticed no aero performance loss in having that low in 2018.
Can you explain this, what is your source of information? Are you saying the front DSSVs are different in some way (a different revised part #), or just that the car arrives set higher on threaded strut body, vs set in the middle like mine was delivered from factory in 2018?

My ZLE is now set full low and still never scrapes my steep hillside house driveway in LA. It's only a track and canyon car, and lowering it gives me a lower center of gravity and improved angle on the splitter and rear wing for a little more downforce, so I like it. According to shop, also makes adding more front camber easier.
Old 07-14-2022, 03:57 PM   #35
Checkmate1

Drives: Garnet Red / ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFV1LE View Post
Can you explain this, what is your source of information? Are you saying the front DSSVs are different in some way (a different revised part #), or just that the car arrives set higher on threaded strut body, vs set in the middle like mine was delivered from factory in 2018?

My ZLE is now set full low and still never scrapes my steep hillside house driveway in LA. It's only a track and canyon car, and lowering it gives me a lower center of gravity and improved angle on the splitter and rear wing for a little more downforce, so I like it. According to shop, also makes adding more front camber easier.
This.
Old 07-20-2022, 07:20 PM   #36
birdmanf16

Drives: 2022 Zl1 1lE
Send a message via MSN to birdmanf16 Send a message via Yahoo to birdmanf16
Lowering the front end is not the best idea for cornering stability. According to the man himself....Bill Wise (nurburgring driver and gm engineer), he told me to run the ride height at 692 mm for best handling. .05 toe front and back, and then the track camber settings, and probably mid range or softer for tight tracks on rear sway bar.
birdmanf16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 03:50 PM   #37
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Drives: 2021 ZLE A10
Send a message via AIM to Blu Ray Send a message via Yahoo to Blu Ray
my 2021 Cracks and pops like crazy - people think I tuned it

2012 1LS M6 Black-Sold
2013 2LT M6 BluRay- Sold
2015 1SS 1LE M6 Black-Sold
2021 ZLE A10 Riverside Blue - Awaiting Arrival 01/10
Blu Ray is offline   Reply With Quote