Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-17-2015, 10:13 AM   #1
kmarshall2121

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
Recalls affecting registration??

Took my 2012 into dealership for a squeal noise (of course it didnt make the noise once there, so had to leave), ,,,,but...... while there, the service advisor once again asked about the key recall. I decline, AGAIN... this time, he says Chevrolet is starting to submit outstanding recalls to appropriate state agencies (DMV) to have a hold or suspension placed on vehicle registrations, meaning you wont be able to renew your registration until the recall is taken care of... Anyone else hear of this? Dealer blowing smoke up my ass? I cannot believe they would do this, let alone the DMV's have the time and energy / resources to even care....
kmarshall2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 10:22 AM   #2
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS

Just ignore the dealer and move on. We have had 2 recalls on our Impala for years and they have never affected registration. The DMV does not keep track of recalls nor who has had them done. There is not a system in place to accurately do so. California is the only state that comes close but they only keep track of emissions related recalls and can barely keep track of that.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 10:23 AM   #3
SteelCamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS LS3
I have the same, a 2012 45th and have not done the key recall. I haven't heard anything of the sort, unless Cali's laws are different, but I doubt it. Just the dealer being a dealer.
SteelCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 10:26 AM   #4
Camarodriver2

Drives: FOR SALE! Bumblebee 1 of 1
To the best of my knowledge the only things that will eliminate registration renewals are: Failing emission testing and driver's license suspension.
My 1 of 1 Bumblebee: Paint=House of Kolor Sunrise. Shaved door handles and concept handles added. Shark fin removed, concept mirrors, Showstoppers concept LED side marker lights. Wiper blades removed, muffler delete, and Range AFM disable. BMR springs lowered 1" rear and 1.4" front and added Eibach wheel spacers - 20mm rear and 25mm front.
Camarodriver2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 11:32 AM   #5
Mels RS

Drives: 2015 2LT/RS Vert
I don't understand.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarodriver2 View Post
To the best of my knowledge the only things that will eliminate registration renewals are: Failing emission testing and driver's license suspension.
Is auto registration in Illinois related to a specific driver? You shouldn't even have to have a driver's license to register a vehicle. What about rich people that have a hired driver?
<n168tx(at)flytx.net>
Mels RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 12:42 PM   #6
jeffa

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Ashen Gray Metallic
Your dealer is a moron. i know of several people that had refused the recall and California never stopped them from registering their car.
jeffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 01:12 PM   #7
760bowtie

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS, 2018 Silverado CC
Did you by any chance go to Weseloh in Carlsbad?? I was told the same thing when I went there a few months back and declined again.
Old 05-17-2015, 02:24 PM   #8
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Your dealer knows best his own shit , That's all he know about that , they only want to make that little money and move on
Even that you can go there , and tell them to have it done , and when he ask for your old ones , �� you just tell them , I lost them all !
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 03:01 PM   #9
KR4545

Drives: 2012 2SS
Tell the dealer that you will hold them liable for financial damages if they suggest they will have your registration suspended in any way. Make sure they hear you say "even so much as suggest" that they suspend your registration.

If it were me I would intentionally blow this out of proportion to get back at that dealer for a bold faced lie (start calling the regional manager and pretend you believe them).
KR4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 05:05 PM   #10
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeDawn View Post
MAN.....How did I know this would be another CALIFORNIA thread? I'm sick and tired of F'n State imposing RULES on us.
They're not. The OP's dealer is misinformed. If the state was going to start requiring recall compliance to be able to complete registration they wouldn't start with this stupid key recall. Plus it would take years to get the infrastructure in place for ALL vehicle manufacturers to be able to accurately comunicate recall compliance to the states.
Old 05-17-2015, 05:08 PM   #11
Mortious
Ammo

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (LS3 M6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeDawn View Post
MAN.....How did I know this would be another CALIFORNIA thread? I'm sick and tired of F'n State imposing RULES on us. I hate the State of California and want to move the Hell out of here a-sap!

I just need to find out what State best fits with my belief and so far TEXAS comes to mind.
We are full. I hear Oklahoma is lovely this time of year....
Old 05-17-2015, 11:01 PM   #12
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
its a voluntary recall. Your dealer is a flat out lying to you.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 11:46 PM   #13
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
I've passed on plenty if recalls through the years, Indiana doesn't do this.

I have a 2005 GSXR 1000 they have recalled twice in the past two years...imagine that, recalls on 10 year old bike.

I've had them performed on this motorcycle because there is always something in it for me..... they wanted to give me a brand new master cylinder..no problem. Same thing goes for the frame brace they wanted to put on. They said " we will warranty your frame until 2020 if you let us do this" Sounds good to me.

What does GM promise? They will butcher your key fobs and give you crappy cheap keys...no thanks and their solution sucks, they should be giving people new transmitters as well.
Old 05-17-2015, 11:58 PM   #14
Smkn600CTD

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS and 2014 SS Sedan
The state of CA will withhold registration only if its a "emissions" recall, and it has not been completed such as a PCM update or the such.

Not for this stupid, piddly, ridiculous key crap.
2014 SS Sedan #2577/3537
2013 Camaro 2SS/RS.
2013 Camro ZL1 Vert
2009 Dodge Daytona Charger #332/400
Smkn600CTD is offline   Reply With Quote