Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-26-2017, 09:56 AM   #1
FlowmasterMufflers

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
First Look: Flowmaster Delta Force Cold Air Intakes

After years of requests from our customers, we are proud to announce that Flowmaster Delta Force Cold Air Intakes will be available starting May 1, 2017. Our R&D department spent countless hours designing and developing these high quality, high-flow, serviceable intake systems that are the perfect performance complement to a Flowmaster exhaust system. Here's a shot of the first Delta Force CAI that we developed for the 2016-2017 Camaro SS. This particular unit is scheduled for a June 1st release, but we wanted to let you all in on it. Let us know what you think.

FlowmasterMufflers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:39 AM   #2
reeper

Drives: 2010 HD D/A, 2015 Z06, 2016 2SS
It looks like it would allow for a lot of engine compartment air contamination? Got to be honest the sides seem a bit cheesy as well. It does not seem the quality that others have in this space. Maybe these aren't good pics though? Just my initial thoughts - I might think different if I saw one in person. Good luck with it.
OEM Blackout tail-lamps
OEM SEMA Grille
35% window tint
Black glow-tie
BMR Suspension (Pretty much everything)
ACS rear-deck spoiler
Rotofab CAI
Lolly-pop red rotors by Madison Powder Coating
reeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:59 AM   #3
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
hmm interesting...not a bad looking setup any dyno sheets and what is power gains like?
Old 04-26-2017, 11:42 AM   #4
jdasnt3

Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeper View Post
It looks like it would allow for a lot of engine compartment air contamination? Got to be honest the sides seem a bit cheesy as well. It does not seem the quality that others have in this space. Maybe these aren't good pics though? Just my initial thoughts - I might think different if I saw one in person. Good luck with it.
Agreed. Doesn't look like a complete seal from the pics. Might be the angle of the pictures though.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:52 AM   #5
FlowmasterMufflers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeDawn View Post
I'm excited @Flowmaster!
I've always been very happy with your solid Muffler Systems in the past and am very excited to check out your Intake! Will this be California CARB Legal? If not then let me know by private message if there is a pickup spot to get around all the PC crap . . . Thanks!
Thanks for the kind words, CreativeDawn. At this point all of our CAI systems will be 49-state only, but we do hope to expand the program in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeper View Post
It may be difficult to tell from these photos, but our Delta Force Cold Air Intakes utilize factory mounting points and feature a powdercoated heat shield surrounded by a foam rubber seal that isolates the air filter element from the engine compartment. Here's a breakdown of our design:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
hmm interesting...not a bad looking setup any dyno sheets and what is power gains like?
Dyno sheets will be avaialable as we get closer to the release of our Camaro systems. We also plan on testing these intakes with some of our exhaust systems. This way, you know what you'll be looking at when pairing one of our Delta Force Cold Air Intakes with a Flowmaster exhaust system.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:34 AM   #6
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Any for the 5th gen.......huge market for them.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 12:01 PM   #7
FlowmasterMufflers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Any for the 5th gen.......huge market for them.
Yes. 5th gens are on the list and we plan on releasing Delta Force intakes for the V6 and V8 in the next couple of months.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:36 PM   #8
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowmasterMufflers View Post
Yes. 5th gens are on the list and we plan on releasing Delta Force intakes for the V6 and V8 in the next couple of months.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:01 PM   #9
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
UMM?
Attached Images

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:44 PM   #10
cooden

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS & '15 Durango R/T
The name is absolutely terrible! Delta Force? Really? You make car parts, not firearms or firearm accessories. I would expect that from a company like Hi-Point or Kel-Tec not Flowmaster. If you guys really release this intake with that Delta Force name, be prepared to be roasted with memes across the Internet.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:46 PM   #11
seattle2ss

Drives: Black 2SS 6sp MRC
This setup reminds me of my mustang intake that looked similiar. I bought one for my 2016 Mustang GT I had before I traded it for my 2016 2SS and used the onboard air intake sensor to monitor the temprature as I drove. What I found was my temprature would get between 150-170 degrees through the intake because it wasn't sealed. It would cool back down if I drove down the highway for about 5 to 10 minutes, but it was definatley a factor in lowering my performance. I bought another one that was sealed and it was night and day difference in keeping the air intake temprature much closer to aimbent. I just bought the Flowmaster X-Pipe and NPP axle back and love them. Would love to love this intake, but it would allow to much hot air in for my type of driving.
seattle2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 06:54 AM   #12
cooden

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS & '15 Durango R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeDawn View Post
Why would they be roasted? What if Flowmaster is simply showing RESPECT for those Men who served and currently serve in The Unit? Why get all mad about it? Let people do "meme's" for promoting purposes! What, are you saying HI-POINT because they're affordable and inexpensive are prone to using that name because you'd consider it cheesy? Give me a break TOUGH GUY!

@Flowmaster: Thanks for providing people like ME with "AFFORDABLE" exhaust systems! Your Flowmaster Super 44's sounded GREAT with my old 5th Generation Camaro setup! Lots of respect to you guys at Flowmaster for keeping it AFFORDABLE for those on a budget.
You can't be serious with this post? Naming a product Delta Force somehow shows respect for The Unit? I think it shows disrespect--but we'll let customers decide what they want. If you even think that Hi-Point makes a good gun, I can't even talk to you.
Old 04-28-2017, 07:13 AM   #13
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
Outside of the naming convention that was chosen, I think what is far, far more important is how this intake performs and what it's priced at. Anyone coming into the foray must know that making boastful claims about how great their product is, will be immediately put to the test.

Flowmaster, the best advice I can give you, is to reassess that heat shield, pronto and, don't price yourself out of the competition. Vendors have already been through the paces on cold air intakes and the consensus is, not a lot is left on the table in stock trim. Altering the MAF diameter or using brake horsepower estimations on the absolute peak possible performance of your product will only further alienate your product.

Price it reasonably, considering it will likely provide little to no power AND enclose your filter properly. Your customer base demands no less, anymore.
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 07:28 AM   #14
Redlinez
Shifts under load

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE rally green
Looks interesting, definitely looking forward to price and gains. Delta Flow mufflers may have something to do with the name.
Redlinez is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cai, exhaust, flowmaster, intake, mufflers