Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-25-2016, 11:24 AM   #1
Adrian1713

Drives: None yet
What to do with my exhaust system (LS3)

Hi guys, I have a 2014 2SS convertible Camaro with NPP exhaust, and I was thinking its time to get a next exhaust system.

I have been reading on the forums and I saw that there are a ton of options and I'm not really sure if I am understanding correctly/the differences in the options that I have thought of. So could you explain some of them and what they do exactly. After my warranty runs out, I want to get long tube headers, so keep that in mind.

I like Borla Atak, but I'm confused what my options would be if I got a cat back, or if I got an axle back. Should I get a Magnaflow X pipe if I got the axle back? And if I got the cat back would I just need to get that. Since I have NPP would I be able to keep my Quad tips, since I really like the look of them.

Also how much better would it be to get these, than to just get an X pipe, and muffler delete, since it's not doing much performance wise anyway.

Thank you for reading, and I look forward to hearing your input.
Adrian1713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 03:11 PM   #2
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Your exhaust needs to start up front. You will gain nothing but a difference in sound and a lighter wallet. Wait for your headers on the stock system. It flows as well as any cat back. Also, headers plus cat back = usually too loud and has lots of drone. Be smart and wait till you get headers....then decide if the stock system meets your needs.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!

Last edited by Avenging Orange; 03-27-2017 at 09:48 PM.
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 05:15 PM   #3
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Why not invest in a Forza three way switch for the exhaust..... then some day do headers and HFC like a normal person with the best performance exhaust from the factory..... your lucky if you got it especially on a convertible.
Old 10-27-2016, 07:43 PM   #4
Soybeanrice

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Orange View Post
Your exhaust needs to start uo front. You will gain nothing but a difference in sound and a lighter wallet. Wait for your headers on the stock system. It flows as well as any cat back. Also, headers plus cat back = usually too loud and has lots of drone. Be smart and wait till you get headers....then decide if the stock system meets your needs.
Wisdom right here
Soybeanrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 11:44 PM   #5
GodWentPunk

Drives: 2015 2SS White Convertible CE/INDY
^^^^^^ Yep.... For myself, I waiting until my warranty is up before I do those kinds of mods, so for now, I'm going to do a muffler delete since my system is still stock. With a delete, you get a louder system with some nice muscle-car tone and since I'm still stock, no drone.. but once I start to change anything else, those deletes will be WAY to loud and will have to be replaced... but I have a couple years before I have to make any type of decision.

joe...
Old 03-27-2017, 08:31 PM   #6
CRISSIS

Drives: '14 ZL1 'Vert - Black, #742
Start with the headers and get a mild to wild controller. You will get solid sound improvement plus power right there (throw in a cold air intake while your at it). To get the most out of this you will need a tune.

and TAKE CARE OF MY CAR!

CRISSIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:57 PM   #7
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Quote:
Your exhaust needs to start uo front. You will gain nothing but a difference in sound and a lighter wallet. Wait for your headers on the stock system. It flows as well as any cat back. Also, headers plus cat back = usually too loud and has lots of drone. Be smart and wait till you get headers....then decide if the stock system meets your needs.
I agree. Besides, longtubes and no cats combined with your stock NPP sounds pretty damn good. Start with that so you don't go overkill with it haha.
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:21 PM   #8
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Best advice you will hear ^^^

Of course, I did it backwards. The muffler delete sounded great...until I went with headers/catless and my ears started bleeding.

Seriously, get the headers on first and then work your way back. That itself may be enough for you.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7Ί overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160Ί thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
borla atak, exhaust, ls3, npp