Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-08-2017, 10:07 AM   #1
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
Hawk Performance Ceramic Brake Pads

Just ordered the Hawk Performance Ceramic Brake Pads. It was a toss up between these and the Power Stop Z26 Extreme Performance Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads. Thanks to the Heath and Scott in here for all the info..

Although the Hawk's were more expensive, they had some REALLY GREAT reviews. As well, one of the Forum Members in here swung by my house last week, and he installed these in his '017 2SS.

If anyone is interested, here are the HAWK part numbers for the pads for the 2017 2SS (Confirmed by HAWK Performance):

FRONT - HB726Z.582
REAR - HB727Z.592
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 10:10 AM   #2
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Nice.. hope it has more initial break bite than stock. Are u turning your rotors?
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 10:15 AM   #3
camaromike77

From what I was told, they have an even better "bite" than stock.

No, not turning my rotors. Don't laugh, but my car only has 400 miles on it. Bought it near the end of the year last year, and it went into Winter hibernation within 3 weeks........
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
Old 04-08-2017, 10:38 AM   #4
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Let me know how it goes! If the initial break bite is better than stock then + less brake dust = awesome
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 10:53 AM   #5
camaromike77

I will for sure. Another Forum Member in here did some pretty extensive research on these pads. He bought them and installed them. He stopped at my house last weekend. He said the bite is better, and his brake dust has been eliminated by at least 95%......... I am sure I will be VERY happy with them, but will give you my opinion on them in a few weeks.

Total cost for all pads was $215 with free shipping. That was the best price he could find, and also the best price I could find. If you are interested, send me a PM whenever you want, and I will give you the Seller's contact info.....

Mike
Old 11-10-2017, 02:55 PM   #6
tunstad

Drives: Camaro Fifty Edition
Hi Mike, how you getting on with these pads and why did you pick them over the Z26? I'm gonna swap mine just not sure which to choose???

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaromike77 View Post
I will for sure. Another Forum Member in here did some pretty extensive research on these pads. He bought them and installed them. He stopped at my house last weekend. He said the bite is better, and his brake dust has been eliminated by at least 95%......... I am sure I will be VERY happy with them, but will give you my opinion on them in a few weeks.

Total cost for all pads was $215 with free shipping. That was the best price he could find, and also the best price I could find. If you are interested, send me a PM whenever you want, and I will give you the Seller's contact info.....

Mike
tunstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 01:20 PM   #7
Haole
2017 SS

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
I would love some information on these. Im looking to judt cut down on brake dust. Site I'm looking at is $222 plus shipping for only the front pads.
I have right at 14k on my OEM pads now. Also if anyone has recommendations on some good rotors any and all input os appreciated.
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 01:40 PM   #8
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
I have the HPS 5.0 and think they are a far superior choice versus the ceramics. I feel that an upgrade to brake performance (initial bite, smooth modulation and fade resistance) is far more important than dust. Even then, the HPS 5.0 seem to be less dusty compared to the stock pads.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 05:44 PM   #9
tunstad

Drives: Camaro Fifty Edition
Any update on these?

Any update on these? Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaromike77 View Post

Mike
tunstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 09:37 PM   #10
Glowtieboi

Drives: Mosaic black 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpang1234 View Post
I have the HPS 5.0 and think they are a far superior choice versus the ceramics. I feel that an upgrade to brake performance (initial bite, smooth modulation and fade resistance) is far more important than dust. Even then, the HPS 5.0 seem to be less dusty compared to the stock pads.
Link me to your pads please.
Glowtieboi is offline   Reply With Quote