Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 06-27-2012, 09:59 AM   #29
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
Quote:
Thx I am done for a while now (summer break)
Yeah right.

Looking good. Pix came out great!

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:00 AM   #30
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Looks killer Chris! Love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
Might I recommend these:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187988

I used to have the round tips in my GMPP GFX as well, and it just bugged the heck out of me. I love having the square tips now
If you're going to help him out, at least send him to a place with the best Service and Prices on em! Almost $20 cheaper man!

Fixed:
Better Priced MBRP GFX Tips Right here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx1Lt View Post
Looks awesome buddy. I have yet to see any pics of the ZL1 front end with all the lights on (Headlights, DRL's and Fogs). Can you do that?
Yeah, I'd been wanting to see some ZeeEl Pics lately with all the lights on. Be killer!

Looks good and haters gonna hate man....drive what you love!
Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:21 AM   #31
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
Words can not describe how stupid this car is. A ZL1 wanna be SS is bad enough, but a V6? Come on.
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:50 AM   #32
Ohten

Drives: Granite Crystal Challenger SRT
Looks good,have you thought of painting your fuel door.I had mine painted and it looks alot better.I removed the allen head screws and painted those black.
Attached Images

Old 06-27-2012, 10:51 AM   #33
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Stupid, his car looks better than it did before, period. Thats what he was going for, he isnt saying he has a ZL1. You put goofy aftermarket rims on yours, now you are trying to be something you're not? Would you be all pissy if he put a honda spoiler on his car? Or If I put a v6 fascia on mine? Do you say people who get a supercharger are trying to imitate a ZL1, its exactly the same as body components. Most ppl are just jealous they cant get a ZL1, I am, but I dont insult other people because of it.

Yes, because non model specific after market wheels/performance parts on varying cars is EXACTLY the same thing as putting OEM model specific parts on the same varying cars.

You do realize that the ZL1 isn't the only car in the world running a roots style blower, right? It wasn't even the first. So, if anything, ZL1 is the copycat of those of us with the blower before it.

The same could be said of any car running fuel injection, auto dimmer, HID lights, etc., etc. Those are generic technologies that are adapted to varying platforms. Putting a ZL1 unique body piece on a non-ZL1 is totally different, and yes, I'd say the same thing to someone putting M series stuff on a plain 3/5/7 series BMW.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:12 PM   #34
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutal SS View Post
No but your wheels say ZL1, therefore "fake" was an appropriate word to use.

Looks very good though!
I will give you that but that is the way the wheels come but I will take it as a clone ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChriSS84 View Post
Exactly. ZL1 spoiler, ZL1 wheels, ZL1 wheels..... Notice anything? All have ZL1 at the front because it was made for the ZL1. I love the bumper, but since I have an SS. I think getting parts for another car and putting it on my SS would be silly.

Call me crazy, but if I was say getting gas and someone approached me and said hey is that a ZL1 and I had to so no it's a V6 camaro. I'd be embarrassed. I'm just not a fan of a car that looks like something it isn't.
Thank you for your opinion and your free to express it silly to you and not silly to others I am no different than any other person who has added "CAMARO" parts to my "CAMARO" thanks again I hope you will look back at my future posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkwpc View Post
Agreed
See above thank you for stopping by

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
Might I recommend these:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187988

I used to have the round tips in my GMPP GFX as well, and it just bugged the heck out of me. I love having the square tips now

I love the look of your car, I just wish GM made a set of "ZL1 wheels" that didn't have the ZL1 logo on them. Then you wouldn 't have to deal with people whining that you're "posing" or some such nonsense. No matter what they say, your car looks very clean
THanks for the link I will look into those peopel like the guys abouve do not bother me like the old saying opinions are like assholes everyone has one weather we like it or not. When the others start paying my car peyment they can tell me what I can and cannot add to my car :checy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Thats the only way those wheels come, and they look better than any other rim out there.

Stupid, his car looks better than it did before, period. Thats what he was going for, he isnt saying he has a ZL1. You put goofy aftermarket rims on yours, now you are trying to be something you're not? Would you be all pissy if he put a honda spoiler on his car? Or If I put a v6 fascia on mine? Do you say people who get a supercharger are trying to imitate a ZL1, its exactly the same as body components. Most ppl are just jealous they cant get a ZL1, I am, but I dont insult other people because of it.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebot8484 View Post
Looking good!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
car looks bada$$ bro i love it.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
I don't believe he was trying to insult the guy ( I hope not). I get what he is saying though. Last year, my neighbor and I went to a car show and a Mustang pulls up. It had the '03-'04 Terminator Body Kit, hood, wheels, rear bumper with the "COBRA" in it, etc.. Something was off however. As I approached it, I knew it was a V6 in disguise. The owner came over and talked to us about it. He was very nice, but it's just not for me. Why dump all that money into a bottom-tier Mustang? Hey, to each his own. Everybody likes something different.
I do not think it should matter if it's a V6 or V8 it's a Camaro we all share the same passion for our cars. I myself could have purchased an SS if I wanted I choose not to I did not need it plus it would have turned into my garage queen like my 2001 Z28 I wanted to have fun with my car so the V6/V8 comparison is not relevant it's a CAMARO but thank you for your input good or bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx1Lt View Post
Looks awesome buddy. I have yet to see any pics of the ZL1 front end with all the lights on (Headlights, DRL's and Fogs). Can you do that?
I can only have the option of the fogs & HID/Halos, not all 3 (that is an optional wiring harness from 2SSRS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUSDRVR View Post
Yeah right.

Looking good. Pix came out great!
Yea I know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post
Looks killer Chris! Love it.

If you're going to help him out, at least send him to a place with the best Service and Prices on em! Almost $20 cheaper man!

Fixed:
Better Priced MBRP GFX Tips Right here!

Yeah, I'd been wanting to see some ZeeEl Pics lately with all the lights on. Be killer!

Looks good and haters gonna hate man....drive what you love!
Ivan
Thanks I will check you guys out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5thgen View Post
Words can not describe how stupid this car is. A ZL1 wanna be SS is bad enough, but a V6? Come on.
Thanks I cannot wait to drive my stupid car tonight V6 or V8 who cars it's a CAMARO some people are just stupid to get past the fact that these are Camaro parts where in the manual did it say you cannot add these to any CAMARO other then a ZL1 and the V6/V8 debate is total BS again it's a Camaro but thanks for stopping by come back again next time for photos of my ZL1 hood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohten View Post
Looks good,have you thought of painting your fuel door.I had mine painted and it looks alot better.I removed the allen head screws and painted those black.
I have not but that is not a bad idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
Yes, because non model specific after market wheels/performance parts on varying cars is EXACTLY the same thing as putting OEM model specific parts on the same varying cars.

You do realize that the ZL1 isn't the only car in the world running a roots style blower, right? It wasn't even the first. So, if anything, ZL1 is the copycat of those of us with the blower before it.

The same could be said of any car running fuel injection, auto dimmer, HID lights, etc., etc. Those are generic technologies that are adapted to varying platforms. Putting a ZL1 unique body piece on a non-ZL1 is totally different, and yes, I'd say the same thing to someone putting M series stuff on a plain 3/5/7 series BMW.
I could see if I was slapping ZL1 badges all over the car but I have the RS badges on the car nothing I can do about the ZL1 wheels and I will not give those up I have the ZL1 in the grille it's built into it I am lookin for ways to cover that up I have the piece from emblempros but I was not happy with that.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:27 PM   #35
HumanWiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
I could see if I was slapping ZL1 badges all over the car but I have the RS badges on the car nothing I can do about the ZL1 wheels and I will not give those up I have the ZL1 in the grille it's built into it I am lookin for ways to cover that up I have the piece from emblempros but I was not happy with that.
I don't really agree with your position... but, I can respect you for not wanting to put ZL1 badges on the car.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:40 PM   #36
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
Quote:

This will be a controversial topic for a long time. I agree with you but at the same time its not your car. But I could not give respect to a non - ZL1 with a ZL1 bumper. If I owned a ZL1, not be happy that I got a $55,000+ yet a car that is not a ZL1 looks the same. But thats just me. In anycase, enjoy your cars!
Old 06-27-2012, 01:43 PM   #37
HumanWiki

Honestly, model specific parts should be VIN locked to where only people showing proof of ownership would be allowed to purchase them. Works fine in other areas of life.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:44 PM   #38
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Good grief. Lots of hate. I for one think it looks good. Since i know him personally i can also say. He isn't trying to pretend anything. He can drive his SS anytime he wants and could have easily bought another. V8 vs v6 is so 1970. Who cares. Fact is the car looks sick. No worries Sean. You can park your lowly V6 next to my almighty SS anytime. Lmao.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:48 PM   #39
HumanWiki

So, let me ask you this.. If you owned a Ferrari and were in a group with other Ferrari owners.. How would you feel if a Miata with a Ferrari body pulled in to your group and sat along with you.. Granted, the clone didn't have the Ferrari logo/name/etc anywhere on the car, but was blatantly a Ferrari.. Don't you think you'd be a little irritated that you spent all that $$ and had a real one and someone with a knockoff was there getting the same level of prestige as you?
Old 06-27-2012, 01:56 PM   #40
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Quote:
So, let me ask you this.. If you owned a Ferrari and were in a group with other Ferrari owners.. How would you feel if a Miata with a Ferrari body pulled in to your group and sat along with you.. Granted, the clone didn't have the Ferrari logo/name/etc anywhere on the car, but was blatantly a Ferrari.. Don't you think you'd be a little irritated that you spent all that $$ and had a real one and someone with a knockoff was there getting the same level of prestige as you?
Clearly not everyone feels the same. He got the ZL1 wheels from a friend who swapped out his ZL1wheels for aftermarket then added about another 120hp to it.. in two weeks that same 700hp Real ZL1 will probably be parked right next to this car at an upcoming show. He doesn't care nor do most people.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:58 PM   #41
HumanWiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveagogo1 View Post
Clearly not everyone feels the same. He got the ZL1 wheels from a friend who swapped out his ZL1wheels for aftermarket then added about another 120hp to it.. in two weeks that same 700hp Real ZL1 will probably be parked right next to this car at an upcoming show. He doesn't care nor do most people.
You do not have enough of a sample and response size to make that statement.
Old 06-27-2012, 02:00 PM   #42
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
I can tell you I owned an 1996 Imapla SS and I used to see cloned Caprice cars with Imapala SS items on them and I could really care less it's that persons car he or she can do what they want.