Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 06-20-2012, 10:12 AM   #29
Monte Mac

Drives: 13 1LE, 17 Sierra, 84 MonteSS,
Eeeew, tires look too skinny on the rear with the wide wheels. This is kinda dissapointing :(

[B]Ordered 3/8/13
TPW 4/15/13
Built 4/15/13
Bayed 4/18/13
Released from QC HOLD 5/22/13
PERMAGRIN INSTALLED 5/30/13
Monte Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:14 AM   #30
crashprime

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS IOM M6
Here's to hoping they offer a Vinyl delete. Looks cheap when you wrap an entire car panel in vinyl. Including the ZL1 wheels was f'n smart tho. Those wheels..... *drool*
crashprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:36 AM   #31
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
i just dont get the point of the black hood. mustangs and challengers have done that before.
just paint it body color
Old 06-20-2012, 10:46 AM   #32
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
i just dont get the point of the black hood. mustangs and challengers have done that before.
just paint it body color
I believe its supposed "race inspired", like you didn't bother to paint the hood because you were to busy making your car fast. I don't particularly like it either. Reminds me of lazy import drivers who don't paint their body kits and leave them primer colors. albeit, not NEARLY as bad.

Awesome car overall though.
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:39 AM   #33
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Anyone have part numbers for the splitter and diffuser?
Old 06-21-2012, 12:15 PM   #34
stt816

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS M6
looks like it doesn't have the zl1 spoiler anymore as seen here http://www.carthrottle.com/wp-conten...2/03/1LE-4.jpg
stt816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:25 PM   #35
awh3r

Drives: 2018 Black ZL1
2013 1LE Camaro

The flat black hood is over the top. Maybe it can be deleted during the order process.
awh3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:52 PM   #36
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Flat/Matte Black Hood = No/Less glare

Tire stretching has its reasons as well -- but, in this case, it could just be using the ZL1 wheels with a square tire. 285 on 11" wheel = stretched some. Reusing available parts from the ZL1 would help with mfg costs.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:02 PM   #37
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSS24 View Post
Are the wheels 20x10 and 20x11 front and rear, but the tires are 285's all around?
Per the specs, yes. ZL1 wheel/tire is staggered. 1LE, for its purpose and intent, will run square tire. But, to keep costs inline. I'd say they just pulled ZL1 wheels and ran front tires. The wheels have offset to deal with (so, no F/F wheel setup on the 1LE), the tires just have a little stretch to deal with.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:10 PM   #38
camarofreak

Drives: 2011 Silverado LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo View Post
what does 1LE stand for?
1LE doesn't stand for anything. It was a package in the 80's though it wasn't advertised. You had to pick certain options like no air conditioning stuff like that. It had 220 some hp the most powerful Camaro you could get then. It was basically the COPO of the 80's.
camarofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:32 PM   #39
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
Per the specs, yes. ZL1 wheel/tire is staggered. 1LE, for its purpose and intent, will run square tire. But, to keep costs inline. I'd say they just pulled ZL1 wheels and ran front tires. The wheels have offset to deal with (so, no F/F wheel setup on the 1LE), the tires just have a little stretch to deal with.
This. I like the 1LE a lot. It's actually the only current Camaro offering that has my interest. If they would have added the ZL1 rear end I would have picked on up in the future. I like that they added the half shafts but they used the same piece of garbage aluminum center section. If it's road race inspired when not add the bigger rear with the cooler? Another "almost a good product" from the Camaro team.
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:40 PM   #40
Fish-man

Drives: too many to say!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
^This.

Costs a lot of money to develop a wheel to OE specs.
Fish-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:47 PM   #41
LeviG

Drives: '95 Acura Integra GSR
Hey! Likin' the yellow!

LeviG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:55 PM   #42
LeviG

Drives: '95 Acura Integra GSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obzen View Post
I believe its supposed "race inspired", like you didn't bother to paint the hood because you were to busy making your car fast. I don't particularly like it either. Reminds me of lazy import drivers who don't paint their body kits and leave them primer colors. albeit, not NEARLY as bad.

Awesome car overall though.
I kinda struggled with this issue as well until someone actually gave me a rational explanation for it other than "You just dont get it". The black hood is probably there to reduce glare from the sun reflecting off the paint at the track.

The whole "race inspired look" excuse I'm not buying. It makes sense to me that if GM put all that time and money into developing the badass suspension and handling system of this car, that they would not give it a "race inspired look", but rather they would make it completely functional.

Though I still agree with you in saying that I'm not crazy about it either. But then again, this is a car developed and built for those who are gonna take it out on the track and use it for what it was made. Personally, when I get my Camaro, it will probably never see a race track.

LeviG is offline   Reply With Quote