Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 06-05-2012, 09:35 AM   #29

Drives: 2011 Z06, 2004 Cobra, 1991 MR2Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked 6 View Post
Well I called to check on the car today and they sold the Vette. :(

Funny thing though..it didn't feel all that bad to have to drive home in the Camaro. I mean yeah, I wish it was a V8 but walking up to it...it's a great looking machine. And when I'm actually driving it, it is pretty fun.

I dunno...guess I'm still suffering through the stages of torque withdrawal...lol.

I would LOVE a C6 Z06 but I was hoping to stay under the $30k - $35k TOPS...that's why I was talking C5 Z06 instead. As for the ZL1, yeah, I'd love one...but that's WAY out of my ballpark.

I guess for now at least it's going to be the Camaro for awhile until I can get some test drives in and see how things feel. Never driven a C6, and I have no need for back seats so that's not important either. Might be worth a shot.

Again, thanks for all the replies.

I rather have a C5Z06 than a C6...unless it's a widebody.
880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:58 AM   #30
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
The Vette makes a great DD. I just retired mine from DD duty but I'm the roads in Houston are a lot better than Chicago. That was my biggest complaint but DD'ing my 5th gen was even worse on these roads with the Pfadt suspension.
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:40 PM   #31
Logan1234

Drives: 2014 ZL1
The main reason I'm responding to this thread is because I use to own a 2003 Z06 and while it is one of the best cars I've owned, with the aggressive suspension and lack of sound dampening material it wasn't the best daily driver. I sold the Z06 and bought a 2010 C6 convertible with A6 to be a daily driver and while the ride and seats were considerably better, it wasn't as fun to drive.

If you want a true daily driver then you should consider what you want out of it. I have had so many sports cars that I used as daily drivers but ended up selling them because they weren't exactly what I was looking for. The best decision I made was to buy a comfortable "sporty" car (2012 Fusion Sport) for my daily drive and a fun car (2012 Camaro SS) for when I want to go fast.

Good luck with your decision.

Last edited by Logan1234; 06-05-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Logan1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:29 PM   #32
xx_ED_xx

Drives: 04 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5thgen View Post
The Vette makes a great DD. I just retired mine from DD duty but I'm the roads in Houston are a lot better than Chicago. That was my biggest complaint but DD'ing my 5th gen was even worse on these roads with the Pfadt suspension.
Houston roads SUCK alot, if chicago is worse glad i dont live there
Old 06-05-2012, 04:45 PM   #33
Zyklon-SS

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
I've seen quite a few 2006-2007 Z06's with 40K or less that are around $40K (some less). You might want to broaden your searches a bit unless you really like the C5. Also, the new C7s will come out next year, so if you hold on to the Camaro for another year you may fine a really good deal on a C6 then.

Agreed! If you're looking for a Z06, get the early (2006-2007) there's a few around for a good price.
Zyklon-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:43 PM   #34
concrete jungle
Hitman

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
I had a 2002 Z06 Tiger Shark as a daily driver and put 120k miles on it before I got my 2012 Camaro SS. It was a great car and I really enjoyed it & It got 30 mpg on the highway.

I think the twin turbo V-6 Camaro would be great.

I personally don't care for the C6 body style except for the Z06 or the Grand Sport.

Build your dream one day at a time . . . I did . . .
https://www.facebook.com/tonyrowe1966

*Caution ~ side effects may include soiled underwear if trajectory isn't kept straight...
concrete jungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:53 AM   #35
Thyshallsmite

Drives: 2011 Grand sport c6 corvette
I went from a SS to a c6 GS and holy crap what a difference, corvettes are just in another league, my camaro was nice, but its so big and heavy you hardly feel the speed, corvette you feel every bit of it. I'd pay just a tad more and get the c6 2008+ or a 2006+ z06
Thyshallsmite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:50 AM   #36
BlackMamba88

Drives: 2010 Challenger 345 R/T
why not just add Turbos or get Full Bolt-Ons along with a Suspension upgrade?? That seems to be the best choice and it'll be very unique, cut to your cloth
Old 06-12-2012, 11:11 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jungle View Post
I had a 2002 Z06 Tiger Shark as a daily driver and put 120k miles on it before I got my 2012 Camaro SS. It was a great car and I really enjoyed it & It got 30 mpg on the highway.

I personally don't care for the C6 body style except for the Z06 or the Grand Sport.

How did you make everything else black and white?
What software are you using?
Old 06-14-2012, 11:44 AM   #38
outlaw88

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT RS Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by oyealiz View Post
If you're wanting in a Vette, I'd say go for a 2005 c6 coupe for about the same price.

Example:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...24-k-firm.html

I agree. 04 z06 and the C6 base coupe are basically the same speed/power-wise (assuming they're stock). The one thing I heard and read consistently about the C5 vs. the C6 is ride quality. The C6 has far superior ride quality than the C5's. I owned a C6 coupe and that car was phenomenal. I can't speak about the ride quality of the C5 as I have never been in one but again that's just something I heard and read quite a bit. Anyway, my C6 was a daily driver for almost 2 years. I ended up getting a 96 Silverado to get me through the winters though. So, as far as a daily driver question goes, I would say if you get snow then no, don't use it as a daily driver. If snow is of no concern then hell yes go for it. Should you end up thinking about going the C6 route then do your research first. The early 2005's did have the most issues. Namely battery, rear end, and targa top issues (for the coupes). Mine was a later shipment 2005 model so mine didn't suffer any of these problems. It's just a matter of researching which VIN numbers are the early shipments. Corvetteforum.com is gonna be your best tool and you might even consider asking this question over there. Everyone over there is great.
outlaw88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:08 PM   #39
oyealiz

Drives: c7 3LT, manual, vert
Send a message via AIM to oyealiz Send a message via Yahoo to oyealiz
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
mmmmmmmmmmm Black Vette. Nice!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 880 View Post
Sweet car!
Thanks, guys! She was alot of fun! Ran AWESOME and sounded FANTASTIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 880 View Post
I rather have a C5Z06 than a C6...unless it's a widebody.
Have you driven a c6?

Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jungle View Post

Hey!!! I had missed, til just a few days ago, that you'd gotten a Camaro. Cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw88 View Post
I agree. 04 z06 and the C6 base coupe are basically the same speed/power-wise (assuming they're stock). The one thing I heard and read consistently about the C5 vs. the C6 is ride quality. The C6 has far superior ride quality than the C5's. I owned a C6 coupe and that car was phenomenal. I can't speak about the ride quality of the C5 as I have never been in one but again that's just something I heard and read quite a bit. Anyway, my C6 was a daily driver for almost 2 years. I ended up getting a 96 Silverado to get me through the winters though. So, as far as a daily driver question goes, I would say if you get snow then no, don't use it as a daily driver. If snow is of no concern then hell yes go for it. Should you end up thinking about going the C6 route then do your research first. The early 2005's did have the most issues. Namely battery, rear end, and targa top issues (for the coupes). Mine was a later shipment 2005 model so mine didn't suffer any of these problems. It's just a matter of researching which VIN numbers are the early shipments. Corvetteforum.com is gonna be your best tool and you might even consider asking this question over there. Everyone over there is great.
For best racing wise, he should also try to get the z51 c6, but things start adding up as you add more options, of course, even used.
oyealiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:26 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by oyealiz View Post
Have you driven a c6?
Let's just say the only C6 that I haven't driven - is the C6.R.