Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 11-27-2023, 11:00 AM   #9899
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Final setup for the DD M4A1.
Attached Images

GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 11:10 AM   #9900
Infidel67
Life's just a Ride

Drives: 2011 Synergy Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteProwlerSS View Post
Happy to see my fellow Camaro friends exercising their 2nd amendment rights
lol you know we're gonna have to used it one day, hopefully it won't come to that...but
Old 11-27-2023, 10:11 PM   #9901
Infidel67
Life's just a Ride

Drives: 2011 Synergy Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS1LE View Post
Be prepared.
and my jump pack is always ready.
Old 12-19-2023, 01:49 PM   #9902
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS1LE View Post
I went to Wally World yesterday to pick up some candy. I bought a big box of Reeses and a decent size bag of Ghirardelli chocolates to take to my LGS. I've been doing business with them for about 20 years now and they're good people.

This is the time of year when they really stock up on guns, both new and used. Their end of year sale is coming up so I thought I would get a first look at what they'll be offering and shoot the breeze with them a bit.

What do you know they had three different new Tisas 1911s. They had the 1911A1, a Duty, and a fancy one engraved with a Davy Crockett quote about hell and Texas. With my veteran's discount the out the door price on the Duty was right at $500, which might be just a tad more than I could have found on GB, but I was willing to pay that small premium to support my local buds, so I purchased the Duty.

Here are my first impressions of the gun.

It's a solid piece, no rattles of any kind. Slide to frame fit is very nice. The thumb safety has a great positive engagement with no slack/looseness. The grip safety with memory pad or whatever it's called nowadays feels just right. Presentation is what I would expect in a 1911, the sights just naturally come up to where you want them. The Novak style sights are easy to pick up, though I would prefer night sights and a bigger front sight (I'm not a bullseye shooter, I just want to pick up those sights superfast).

The trigger is excellent, very short and smooth, with a quick reset and probably breaking right at 4 lbs based on my totally unscientific seat of the pants estimate. As a rightie I'm not a big fan of an ambi safety, but it's not overly obtrusive and if you're a lefty you'll probably appreciate it's presence. Take down was a breeze as was reassembly. It came clean and lubricated just enough and just where I like to see lube.

I could find no tool marks anywhere on the gun. The bore looked good with nice crisp rifling.

What really stands out to me are the trigger and how tight the gun is. Both are very impressive.

I'll present it to my middle son Christmas day and we'll take it to the range and report back.

Well Camaro6 doesn't want to cooperate with pics right now.
I grew up with 1911's and Browning Hi Powers so that grip angle is just natural to me.
Old 02-22-2024, 02:16 PM   #9903
justinwein

Drives: toyota
great idea specialty systems tampa
justinwein is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro gun