Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 06-18-2015, 08:19 AM   #43
V6CamaroRS

Drives: '14 V6 RS, DM Exhaust, Sunroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
What info are you looking for? We have about 95% of it.

I agree on the losing interest as the excitement has faded, but there isn't much we don't know about the car besides price and MPG.
Some driving reviews of the final product would help a lot. Especially if Chevy metered it out to a few reviewers at a time to keep a steady influx of info. Unfortunately, the engineers are working hard on the product right up to the wire.

Good for us as customers, but bad for the publicity cycle.

Look on the bright side: we're going to be flooded with info as soon as this amazing vehicle is unleashed! (...on a poor, unsuspecting public. Mwhahaha!)
Old 06-18-2015, 08:27 AM   #44
CmeltoN91

Drives: 13 Elantra Coupe(not for long!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
What info are you looking for? We have about 95% of it.

I agree on the losing interest as the excitement has faded, but there isn't much we don't know about the car besides price and MPG.
Well price is literally the one deciding factor for me...if it's just outrageously more expensive than the 5th gen,i will go elsewhere. Final weight,actual option list,actual pictures of every color available,and some general driving info from reviewers (talking SS here) are some key groups of info I would like to see before actually deciding on waiting for a car purchase.
CmeltoN91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 09:24 AM   #45
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
If this generation follows the pattern of the current generation, pricing including options will be released the Monday before the order bank opens. This was not normal. Normal is pricing comes out close to or on the official date of start of regular production.

So if the GMAuthority guess proves true, and GM follows the pattern it did for Gen5, then pricing could be released August 10 and the order bank open August 13. If GM follows the norm, and the order bank opens August 13, pricing may not come out for six or more weeks, depending on the start of regular production date.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 09:31 AM   #46
suplex

Drives: 2011 Coupe, 1LT, A6, No RS Package.
I'm actually starting to think that Chevrolet may have released information about the 6th Gen Camaro a little too early. They really should have done it where after it's release you could literally buy one about a month later.

To officially release information about a car on May 16th 2015, and then not have it available for purchase until about 5 or 6 months later (they're saying it won't be available until around October / November) is REALLY just too long.

They shouldn't have released any information on it until...I'd say...September 1st.

I'm still interested in one too, but my patience is growing thin.
Old 06-18-2015, 09:46 AM   #47
jaymsu
Yeti's Daddy

Drives: ATS-V, Prowler, M6 V10
If I were OP, I would still wait for 16 SS. Better interior, better warranty (comparing to used ZL1), fresh look, nimbler chassis....
Gen5 will look outdated once Gen6 starts roaming around town. (no disrespect to Gen5 owners, but it's just the way it is for any automobile)

If you don't care about the warranty and want more power, you can do minor upgrade to get some HP squeezed out. (I've seen a few people getting good amount of power added to C7 with intake/long tube/tune)
Then you'll have NA car pushing 500+ hp, and still have fresh look, nicer interior and nimbler chassis.
jaymsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 10:19 AM   #48
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmeltoN91 View Post
Well price is literally the one deciding factor for me...if it's just outrageously more expensive than the 5th gen,i will go elsewhere. Final weight,actual option list,actual pictures of every color available,and some general driving info from reviewers (talking SS here) are some key groups of info I would like to see before actually deciding on waiting for a car purchase.
Don't expect reviews of the SS until production starts (likely the day production begins). There's a chance that they might do some sort of limited test drive preview a couple months out, but seeing as they already did that on the V6's at launch I'm doubting that there will be anything for the SS until the full blown reviews hit.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 11:07 AM   #49

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Shouldn't pricing and options pricing be at least one thing that should come out of this dealer's meeting in Vegas?
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 11:37 AM   #50
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Look at the GT350. Ordering has just begun, we just got the prices the week or two before then, we know the HP but not the weight or actual performance, and no one has driven them. We have almost the same amount of info (minus prices and packages) and the 6th gen is 4-6month away. Some people are never satisfied.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 11:47 AM   #51
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by suplex View Post
I'm actually starting to think that Chevrolet may have released information about the 6th Gen Camaro a little too early. They really should have done it where after it's release you could literally buy one about a month later.

To officially release information about a car on May 16th 2015, and then not have it available for purchase until about 5 or 6 months later (they're saying it won't be available until around October / November) is REALLY just too long.

They shouldn't have released any information on it until...I'd say...September 1st.

You think this is bad? GM dropped the reveal on the Colorado/Canyon 9+ months before they even began production. Thank God they didn't reveal the car in January at the Detroit show like many had hoped.
Old 06-18-2015, 12:36 PM   #52
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Shouldn't pricing and options pricing be at least one thing that should come out of this dealer's meeting in Vegas?
Why? Order Bank is not open. Even if it was, pricing usually is not available until much closer to the start of production. This means the first two or three rounds of ordering will be made with pricing up in the air. And this is not exclusive to Chevy or exclusive to GM. It may be exclusive to US makers, I do not know. I am pretty sure LaFerrari pricing was announced at the time the buyers were invited to place their orders. Of course that could be an exception to prove the rule.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 12:55 PM   #53
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Pricing is usually one of the very last things decided.

I don't know what goes on at these dealer meetings, but I suspect that its more or less an event to teach dealers how to sell cars. Explaining why certain features are a good thing is, presumably, what sales people are for. And they don't really need to know all the details of the car to have enough material to blather on about the virtues of a brand new Chevy. Besides, anyone can read specs & options from the brochure (or Chevy website).

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
You think this is bad? GM dropped the reveal on the Colorado/Canyon 9+ months before they even began production. Thank God they didn't reveal the car in January at the Detroit show like many had hoped.
I think it was even longer for the SS sedan and the Corvette Z06. But that only makes 6 months seem good in relation to them. Objectively, its still a pretty long time.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 06:33 PM   #54
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by suplex View Post

I said that and got 40 lashes by many here , I asked "if they dropped the ball and the entire thread got deleted Anyways I just dont understand it , Doesnt seem to make much sense to a simple mind like me ,Maybe that is the new way of doing things ? Which actually makes more sense , Buying a 2010 in 2009 is odd anyways , I am just confused
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 01:52 AM   #55
fradaj

Drives: RS
They are supposed to have a bunch of Gen 6 Camaro's, including the SS and T4, at the Camaro Fest in August. I think they may be available to the press and maybe others to test drive at the track at the Corvette factory. Should be a lot more info then.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 02:19 AM   #56
fradaj

Drives: RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
That would be a massive shock. I can't recall a single model that was introduced at SEMA by an OEM. They'll show off concepts & preview accessories (often using said concepts). But an entire, saleable car? They'd probably just wait a couple weeks and show it in LA.

I think Dodge debuted the 392 Challenger at SEMA in 2010.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote