Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 12-10-2017, 04:08 PM   #1
Daniel20162ss

Drives: 2016 2ss
Another fuel question

Car is a 2016 camaro 2ss m6. Currently making right at 600rwhp while Procharged with a d1sc charger and 4.5" pulley, stage 2 intercooler and race valve. Kooks 1-7/8 headers with offroad pipes. I am outnof fuel with my current setup. I am trying to plan ahead and trying to find out what my limits will be. I plan to do rods and pistons along with a cam. I am planning to get the 32 or 38% fuel lobe on the cam. I was debating on buying the lt4 pump and injectors along with zl1 intank pump, however im wondering what my limit would be if I just did the fuel lobe on the cam and a zl1 pump in tank and left the hpfp and injectors as the lt1 stuff. My biggest thing, I dont want to add lt4 stuff now for small gain over what the addition lobe will give me, because eventually I believe i will do a full fuel system consisting of upper intake with port injection for additional fuel and a fore kit with three pump setup. I do also have a snow performamnce meth/water setup on the car but not currently tuned for it, ill never run it more than a 50/50 setup and will never go full meth so thats out of the question(friends z06 burnt to the ground last year due to a burst line, total loss)
Daniel20162ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 04:19 PM   #2
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Probably a dumb queation, but what prevents you from just doing the port injection now?
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 04:32 PM   #3
Daniel20162ss

Mainly money. Not going to be cheap doing the pistons/rods/cam kit. Figured id do it in stages. Ill pull the motor and do the forged internals for the power ill throw at it eventually, go with the bigger cam lobe and zl1 pump to give me some more fuel, buy a smaller pulley and tune to take that fuel to where im out until I can do the upper intake/port injection and fore fuel kit.
Old 12-12-2017, 06:01 PM   #4
Daniel20162ss

No one?
Old 12-13-2017, 09:44 AM   #5
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
It varies with the dyno. My 2016 could only make about 560 whp on the dyno with a stock fuel system. I picked up about 100whp just upgrading the low side pump. I expect you will do the same.

If you change the piston to one with lower compression you will be able to give it more air and fuel. With the stock 11.5 to 1 pistons I really couldn't use the extra fuel the LT4 pump and injectors could give me without running race gas because we were starting to get knock on pump gas.

If I was doing it all again I would stay with the LT1 pump and injectors, add the cam and low side pump, and then add the port.

The only question I have based on your comments is regarding the max flow of the ZL1 pump. I don't know how much total power that pump can support. It may not have enough volume to do the port system when you get to that so if you may need more fuel pump. It would be better to start with a low side pump that can handle your overall horsepower goals.

I think I'm on the 3rd fuel pump upgrade in my 13 ZL1 and right now it could make more power if I had a bigger fuel pump.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 11:40 AM   #6
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel20162ss View Post
Car is a 2016 camaro 2ss m6. Currently making right at 600rwhp while Procharged with a d1sc charger and 4.5" pulley, stage 2 intercooler and race valve. Kooks 1-7/8 headers with offroad pipes. I am outnof fuel with my current setup. I am trying to plan ahead and trying to find out what my limits will be. I plan to do rods and pistons along with a cam. I am planning to get the 32 or 38% fuel lobe on the cam. I was debating on buying the lt4 pump and injectors along with zl1 intank pump, however im wondering what my limit would be if I just did the fuel lobe on the cam and a zl1 pump in tank and left the hpfp and injectors as the lt1 stuff. My biggest thing, I dont want to add lt4 stuff now for small gain over what the addition lobe will give me, because eventually I believe i will do a full fuel system consisting of upper intake with port injection for additional fuel and a fore kit with three pump setup. I do also have a snow performamnce meth/water setup on the car but not currently tuned for it, ill never run it more than a 50/50 setup and will never go full meth so thats out of the question(friends z06 burnt to the ground last year due to a burst line, total loss)
With a Cam, LT4 pump and injectors, low side pump fuel pump voltage booster on race gas you can crest 800 RWHP.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote