Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-05-2017, 05:24 PM   #15
Perdieu

Drives: 2017 Nightfall Grey Auto 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_RORO View Post
Tim don't you know the F series is too much for anything under 416
I know now LOL.. that's why I'm ditching the little guy and moving up to his bigger brother the -94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
When I say it didn't run well on stock cubes... I said the added cubes for my build created a better all round package???

Ah missed that,
Perdieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 05:59 PM   #16
Turbo_RORO

Drives: Camaro 17 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdieu View Post
I know now LOL.. that's why I'm ditching the little guy and moving up to his bigger brother the -94

Ah missed that,
I'm just messing with guys. Swagger has a bad ass build. I build my own stuff so I feel as tough I map my stuff as best I know how (can afford). I listened to "conventional wisdom" and now I'm looking to go to a bigger blower on a "smaller" motor or turn up the nitrous. Maybe both. I agree with Swagger to an extent. Would a bigger motor make more power? yes*. I just had to balance out the "power potential" difference between a 377 and a 416. I could not justify it. But when an aluminum LTX block comes out that can support 430+ motor Ill be all about a stroker. But until then Ill keep rolling along in my little ole 377.
Turbo_RORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 06:24 PM   #17
Swagger
DaWolfOfAllStreets

Drives: 17 C Coupe, 17 1LE, 16 Scion iA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_RORO View Post
I'm just messing with guys. Swagger has a bad ass build. I build my own stuff so I feel as tough I map my stuff as best I know how (can afford). I listened to "conventional wisdom" and now I'm looking to go to a bigger blower on a "smaller" motor or turn up the nitrous. Maybe both. I agree with Swagger to an extent. Would a bigger motor make more power? yes*. I just had to balance out the "power potential" difference between a 377 and a 416. I could not justify it. But when an aluminum LTX block comes out that can support 430+ motor Ill be all about a stroker. But until then Ill keep rolling along in my little ole 377.
Your car is plenty fast bro, I cant wrench wasn't my blessing LOL. I am the prima donna driver But Fran and Race Proven really helped me get the build right. It started with drop in pistons and a D1X and evolved to what it is now LOL. One thing I saw with the dyno info on my car was a great tq band that the 416 gives us. But a lil less tq doesnt hurt traction so its a toss up I guess.

Thanks for the compliment as well bro
Swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:54 AM   #18
Perdieu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
One thing I saw with the dyno info on my car was a great tq band that the 416 gives us. But a lil less tq doesnt hurt traction so its a toss up I guess.
You nailed the F1A and its love of TQ. I feel its the best street blower of all of them. Nothing like 800 foot pounds of TQ To add smiles to your day.

I'm only making the switch to a -94 just for more HP I have a 9" so I can add gears if need to get it moving better
Old 12-18-2017, 12:20 PM   #19
hogwild87

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdieu View Post
I'll say the F series blowers do great on stock cubes

Kevin Martin, Just ran a 9.27 at 151 on a forged stock cube F1A-94 A2A

42 Autosports, Just ran 8.88 with a F1A-94 on a forged stock cube set

Ryen Cunningham, Just ran 9.37 at 148 with F1A-94 on stock cube

I run a F1A A2W set up on a 416 its a great street blower. mine on pump gas and meth 850/792 with a crappy tune. Moving up to a F1A -94 and a better tune now.

Myself I'd just do a D1X and spin it and have fun, with the F1A work YES
9.25 at 152 tim get it right lol
hogwild87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 01:43 PM   #20
Perdieu

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogwild87 View Post
9.25 at 152 tim get it right lol
I was adding back in for the corrected weight factor
Old 12-18-2017, 02:42 PM   #21
exxit

Drives: 2016 1SS D1SC Methfed Lowered Wrapd
I'd say a D1X will get you well into the 10k invested power range until you're ready to drop another 10k on support mods.

D1X will get you to 1khp on e85 i believe. What you need to get there though Lol...

I'd be careful of going with a huge pulley. Fitment is tight under the hood. my 4.25 pulley on my D1SC took a small bite of my hood insulation. I would guess the more you add the closer you'll get. To be clear I don't see any hood contact at this time.
// 3M/Gotch Design Sponsored Gloss Deep Space Colorshift Wrap //
exxit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 07:15 AM   #22
DevBlackSS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
Would def check out a D1. I usually hear guys trying to make north of 850 with F1's. Absolutely go with the red race bov. stage II Air to air. Id say put drop in pistions if youre looking for 700. Just a safety measure but better safe than sorry. I would think all you would need is a d1 and meth to achieve those numbers, as im knocking on the 700 door with less. Depending on how agressive your tune is, and all things considered, you should get there!
Good luck and have fun!
Old 12-19-2017, 08:28 AM   #23
Nito

Drives: 2016 1SS White MT
Here are the stages of my build , maybe that helps you out a little .

1. MSD IM , V-Max PTB , Roto Fab CAI , ARH 1-7/8 with no cats , Borla X pipe with secondary cat delete , Borla Type S mufflers . 464RWHP - 440RWTQ

2. DMS Flex Fuel Kit . 485RWHP - 469RWTQ

3. ProCharger D1SC Blower , Race Air to Air Intercooler , Big Red Valve , Hellical Gears , Meth Kit 100% Single Nozzle , Zl1 in-tank Fuel Pump . 650RWHP - 541RWTQ (4.5” pulley at 10.0 PSI)

4. PRC Porter LT1 Heads & Stage 2 Cam from Texas Speed , Forged Drop in Pistons & Rods from Cunningham Motorsports , LT4 HPFP , Second Meth Nozzle , 790RWHP - 649RWTQ (4.0” pulley at 11.5 PSI )

I love the car right now and might leave it alone and just enjoy it , or next year I will do Low side Fueling and Injectors to be able to get 14-15 PSI out of her and call it a day. ( It is my daily after all lol )
2016 White 1SS with Port & Polish Heads and Cam by Texas Speed , Forged Drop in Pistons and Rods by Cunningham M , Procharger D1SC , Air to Air Race Intercooler, Race Valve , Helical Gears , Alky Meth Kit , Zl1 Low Side Pump , LT4 HPFP , V-Max Ported TB , MSD Atomic IM , ARH 1-7/8 Catless , Borla S Type Cat-Back . Work done by Lashway Motorsports 790RWHP-649RWTQ
Nito is offline   Reply With Quote