Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-18-2017, 08:13 PM   #1
robert_logic

Drives: 2ss
Nitrous Setup

Just recently decided to go with nitrous on my camaro. I currently have cam/headers/e85 and it dyno'd roughly around 530 on an a8. My biggest concern here is, will my fuel pump give up if I spray anything over 100hp? Or till what extent can i go? What options I have like is a fuel cell better or zl1 pump.

Nitrous outlet plate kit
Bottle heater
Purger kit
Remote opener
Window switch
Lingenfelter timing retard

Anything else im missing? Im also thinking about buying the innovate nitrous gauge to prevent from any fuel lean blowing up my motor lol. Any help would be great guys thanks.
robert_logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 05:38 AM   #2
bobshannon22

Drives: 2016 camaro 1ss
I'm can't answer your main question but if your cam swap includes a lash cap I wouldn't use a LT4 pump. I guess the lash caps can ruin LT4 (not LT1) fuel pumps.
Old 07-19-2017, 09:56 AM   #3
Turbo_RORO

Drives: Camaro 17 SS
I had a much longer response but it was lost. I would suggest colder plugs, YOU will run out of pump with e85 much sooner than pump or race gas, and IMO I would build a better low side fuel system over adding a cell. over the lingenfelter and innovative I would invest in HP tuners and use that in place of both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_logic View Post
Just recently decided to go with nitrous on my camaro. I currently have cam/headers/e85 and it dyno'd roughly around 530 on an a8. My biggest concern here is, will my fuel pump give up if I spray anything over 100hp? Or till what extent can i go? What options I have like is a fuel cell better or zl1 pump.

Nitrous outlet plate kit
Bottle heater
Purger kit
Remote opener
Window switch
Lingenfelter timing retard

Anything else im missing? Im also thinking about buying the innovate nitrous gauge to prevent from any fuel lean blowing up my motor lol. Any help would be great guys thanks.
Turbo_RORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 11:25 AM   #4
robert_logic

So basically, just upgrade the lowside in tank pump, stock injectors will also hold? I searched up any nitrous setups with something similar I want here on camaro6 but didn't find anything... just heard people with boost loosing pressure after being in the 600s
Old 07-19-2017, 01:34 PM   #5
SS Camaro Freak

Drives: 2016 Gen 6 SS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobshannon22 View Post
I'm can't answer your main question but if your cam swap includes a lash cap I wouldn't use a LT4 pump. I guess the lash caps can ruin LT4 (not LT1) fuel pumps.
This is incorrect. The HPFP needs to be measured for proper lash cap when installing any cam lobe.

Great Article off the CF.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...learances.html
SS Camaro Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 05:47 PM   #6
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
If you are installing a wet nitrous kit that hooks up it's fuel solenoid to the stock fuel rail in the engine compartment, then the low pressure/intank fuel pump is the one you should upgrade. Such a system does not rely on the hpfp or injectors for it's fuel supply.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 11:03 PM   #7
robert_logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
If you are installing a wet nitrous kit that hooks up it's fuel solenoid to the stock fuel rail in the engine compartment, then the low pressure/intank fuel pump is the one you should upgrade. Such a system does not rely on the hpfp or injectors for it's fuel supply.
Ahhh okay! Makes sense, this is something I was looking for. Do you know if the zl1 pump is just as easy as swap it out with the factory one? Or modifications need to be done?
Old 07-20-2017, 04:12 AM   #8
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
ZL1 intank pump is just a better version of the stock pump, so goes in just like a stock pump.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 06:53 AM   #9
lokitwitch04

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 2SS
I want to run this same setup on an otherwise stock SS. Guess I'll be looking for a ZL1 fuel pump.
lokitwitch04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:55 AM   #10
robert_logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokitwitch04 View Post
I want to run this same setup on an otherwise stock SS. Guess I'll be looking for a ZL1 fuel pump.
Finally someone else that wants to do the same, i've been searching everywhere for something similar to my build and find nothing lol
Old 07-20-2017, 11:34 AM   #11
lokitwitch04

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_logic View Post
Finally someone else that wants to do the same, i've been searching everywhere for something similar to my build and find nothing lol
I love the car the way it is. Sound and ride wise, Performance is good but who couldn't use 200 hp on demand. That being said, my wife also likes the car the way it is. My last couple of cars and my bike for that matter, drive my wife nuts. They are fast and LOUD. she likes this one because when I want I can keep it quiet and it looks good. That being said, I want this to be fast as hell also. I just need to find a way to do that without taking the joy out of it for her. She also likes to drive this car. so being able to close a valve in the trunk and taking the power away is perfect.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:14 PM   #12
Turbo_RORO

Drives: Camaro 17 SS
There are afew nitrous threads on this forum. Also I would be cautious going to a 200 shot. The pistons are reported to be very weak. It is because of this that I decided against going with a remote bottle opener. It is a mechanical "do I really need this" check.
Turbo_RORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 02:23 PM   #13
lokitwitch04

I don't know that I would take it all the way to a 200 shot. Then again, who knows.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:50 PM   #14
Risky Justice

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokitwitch04 View Post
I don't know that I would take it all the way to a 200 shot. Then again, who knows.
A 200 shot is very fun...I had an '02 Camaro SS A4 with longtube headers and a 200 shot and it was a blast. Made 550RWHP and killed that poor little 4L60E. The thing is...you don't get a lot out of a 10lb bottle when you're spraying that much. I think I would get like 6-8 runs down the 1/8 before I would have to switch bottles. All I remember is it didn't last as long as I would like.

I used to be a serious nitrous addict. I would spend more a week in nitrous than I did gas--I was easily using something like 80-120lbs of nitrous a month. I probably should have been in a rehab center, even though it was for my car