Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-04-2017, 08:10 PM   #1
Eyefixstuff

Drives: 16’ 2SS A8 HBM Procharged
Procharger head unit upgrade?

I know I can private message them, or call, but figured I would make this post for anyone else also interested in this. I thought I read somewhere that you can now trade in your unit and pay a fee for an upgrade?

I have a P1SC1 with 1800 miles on it that I want to change to a D series. Anyone have any idea what this costs, if they do in fact offer this?
Old 12-04-2017, 08:22 PM   #2
Turbo_RORO

Drives: Camaro 17 SS
I called today to see what it would cost to turn a F1A into an F1A-94. I was told $1500. So I would guess somewhere around there.
Turbo_RORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 08:45 PM   #3
Eyefixstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_RORO View Post
I called today to see what it would cost to turn a F1A into an F1A-94. I was told $1500. So I would guess somewhere around there.
Hmm. Thanks. Wonder if it makes a difference on how many miles it has or not. Mine is like new and I’m sure they would be able to tell. Thanks for the info.
Old 12-04-2017, 09:03 PM   #4
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyefixstuff View Post
I know I can private message them, or call, but figured I would make this post for anyone else also interested in this. I thought I read somewhere that you can now trade in your unit and pay a fee for an upgrade?

I have a P1SC1 with 1800 miles on it that I want to change to a D series. Anyone have any idea what this costs, if they do in fact offer this?
I like where your heads at. 😜👍
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 10:21 AM   #5
Perdieu

Drives: 2017 Nightfall Grey Auto 2SS
Quote:

LOL I did the same thing, then sold my A and ordered a -94
Perdieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 09:29 AM   #6
ProCharger

Drives: Many C7's
Quote:
Hmm. Thanks. Wonder if it makes a difference on how many miles it has or not. Mine is like new and I’m sure they would be able to tell. Thanks for the info.
Miles won't matter
until the unit is inspected, but usually its around $1500+

We had people sending in thrashed blowers, expecting to be fully rebuilt and upgraded (just for the price of the upgrade)

That doesn't happen too often, BUT there is always "that guy" that tries it.

Quote:
For people going all out, and those that have a converter its a good upgrade.
However, for the guys that want the midrange grunt, and sub 900rwhp
The "A" is still the best bang for the buck.
ProCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:21 AM   #7
Turbo_RORO

Drives: Camaro 17 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProCharger View Post
Miles won't matter
until the unit is inspected, but usually its around $1500+

We had people sending in thrashed blowers, expecting to be fully rebuilt and upgraded (just for the price of the upgrade)

That doesn't happen too often, BUT there is always "that guy" that tries it.

For people going all out, and those that have a converter its a good upgrade.
However, for the guys that want the midrange grunt, and sub 900rwhp
The "A" is still the best bang for the buck.
Don't get me wrong I LOVE my F1A. but I'm just looking to be in the cool kids club. maybe make 1000. I'm close already. Just getting greedy. But at this point I'm gonna just spray it.
Turbo_RORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 06:06 PM   #8
Eyefixstuff

Really I just want straight cut gears, even though I specifically ordered helical. Now I want it louder. :(
Old 12-06-2017, 06:54 PM   #9
Cdflyer

Drives: 2016 1SS 6speed
Quote:
Really I just want straight cut gears, even though I specifically ordered helical. Now I want it louder. :(
I’m glad I ordered mine with straight. With the hood closed you can barely hear the whine. At WOT, you can definitely hear it, but at idle, my wife didn’t know it was on until I told her to listen to the front of the car....this was after I bought and installed it without her knowing....
Old 12-06-2017, 07:20 PM   #10
Eyefixstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdflyer View Post
I’m glad I ordered mine with straight. With the hood closed you can barely hear the whine. At WOT, you can definitely hear it, but at idle, my wife didn’t know it was on until I told her to listen to the front of the car....this was after I bought and installed it without her knowing....
Hah. That is funny. I’m surprised it isn’t louder. I can hear mine at idle with the hood shut but barely. Maybe with my new Iroc hood coming it will be louder. I would think so.