Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 08-26-2016, 08:44 AM   #57
Bobfly
OspreyTech

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
If I was going to spend that kind of money on a Challenger, I would wheel & deal on an SRT (even a new last year's model). That's just too much for a Scat Pack even if it is a Shaker.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:34 AM   #58
HeaterMan

Drives: 2018 PP GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDG23 View Post
If I didn't like the 6th Gen Camaro so much I might consider a Challenger Scat Pack but deep down, to be honest I don't have a lot of trust in Dodge/Chrysler/Fiat products.
I would say that is justified. I own a Scat Pack and since buying it I have come to realize I don't have confidence in Fiat/Chrysler. sure it's a blast to drive but I wonder about it holding up a few years down the road..

2016 Scat Pack Challenger (gone 1-6-2018)
2013 Mustang GT Auto(sold)
2013 Track pack Mustang 5.0 (sold)
2011 Mustang 5.0 (sold)
2010 Camaro SS 6M ( sold)13.36 @109
HeaterMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 12:04 PM   #59
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven87 View Post
I know this will sound like blasphemy, but I like that view a lot better than the Camaro's. I've driven the 6th gen and have also sat in a pre-refresh Challenger, so I'm not just saying this based on photos alone.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 01:54 PM   #60
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Glad to see someone actually go out and drive some cars to compare and a very fair review of both cars. Something I ALWAYS make it a point to do. It's the reason I ended up with a 2SS G6 Camaro instead of a Mustang to compliment the Challenger. The Camaro is actually my main DD and the Challenger the weekend car, but the Challenger is highly modified these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeaterMan View Post
I would say that is justified. I own a Scat Pack and since buying it I have come to realize I don't have confidence in Fiat/Chrysler. sure it's a blast to drive but I wonder about it holding up a few years down the road..
I don't think you'll have any issues. I've had my Challenger 7 years and it's been very reliable with no issues. A lot of my drive train is upgraded, but it's the little things like interior pieces, etc that usually cause the most heart burn over time. I still love the car 7 years later and drive it every weekend and drag race a lot at the track as well.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 02:43 PM   #61
Chad0311
Likes V8 powered vehicles

Drives: '16 Chevy Colorado Z71 Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobfly View Post
If I was going to spend that kind of money on a Challenger, I would wheel & deal on an SRT (even a new last year's model). That's just too much for a Scat Pack even if it is a Shaker.
Do you know the difference between an SRT and a Scat Pack?

It's like the difference between a 2SS and a 1LE. Just better brakes and wheels with adpative suspension.

Not that much better of a car unless you want to hit the road course or something but almost nobody buys a challenger for that anyways.

It's a point of debate in the mopar community, but the scat pack is basically an SRT. Just slightly lesser than the track oriented "SRT" model. It's like saying the 2SS isn' an 'SS' because it doesn't have e-diff or sport tuned MRC. It's dumb.
Chad0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 03:15 PM   #62
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad0311 View Post
Do you know the difference between an SRT and a Scat Pack?

It's like the difference between a 2SS and a 1LE. Just better brakes and wheels with adpative suspension.

Not that much better of a car unless you want to hit the road course or something but almost nobody buys a challenger for that anyways.

It's a point of debate in the mopar community, but the scat pack is basically an SRT. Just slightly lesser than the track oriented "SRT" model. It's like saying the 2SS isn' an 'SS' because it doesn't have e-diff or sport tuned MRC. It's dumb.
SRT's have all the options standard, similar to how a 2SS is vs 1SS. In addition to the brakes, wheels, and adjustable suspension. Also there's a track, eco, and valet drive modes for the SRT. You can load up a SP close to the SRT price. Just tiny differences between them after.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote