Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-08-2011, 03:50 PM   #15
Oxtar41

Drives: 700 rwhp 2010 SS
Yea its hard to match under there, I think there is too much black so I figured it would make it pop out a little bit and for the 15 bucks it cost me to do I couldnt be happier.
Oxtar41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:54 PM   #16
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
they look 100% better painted.nice job.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 04:04 PM   #17
1 bad azz ls3

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
very nice looks great....
1 bad azz ls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 11:42 AM   #18
SilverIceman

Drives: Camaro SS SIM
Nice job guys.

Here's what a corvette owner did to his, I have been wondering how long it would take till someone put a window on one of these.
Attached Images

SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 12:41 PM   #19
Nate Bowers

Drives: 06 tbss
High temp paint is not needed for this application. Any good automotive paint will hold up fine if applied correctly. The texture on the e-force covers and charger can be removed easily with some 180 grit sand paper. Then after sanding follow up with a epoxy primer to get a good foundation for the paint job. I would steer clear of aresol etch primers in this application. After the epoxy is applied and sanded smooth with 320 grit sand paper, follow with a 2K urethane sealer, then your desired base color, then finally clearcoat. The end result will have the same finish as the outside of your car, if not better. It is not cheap, but it will look better and hold up longer than any rattle can paint job. For the raised letters, just take a new box cutter razor blade and remove paint from the surface after the epoxy primer and after the clear coat. All of the above materials can be found at any automotive paint supplier.
Nate Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:22 PM   #20
lock

Drives: 11 2SS/RS E-Force Supercharged
Yeah that vette was at a local shop to me. They showed me the pics. He even had the center cover milled smooth. That is nice air brushing work.

lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:21 PM   #21
gearhead440

Drives: Yellow 2SS, 6 speed manual
Lock gave me an idea, so, after many hours of priming, sanding, painting, clear coat and Sharpie, we have the following to match the RoyalBee:
Attached Images

Hers & His
gearhead440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:10 PM   #22
lock

Drives: 11 2SS/RS E-Force Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead440 View Post
Lock gave me an idea, so, after many hours of priming, sanding, painting, clear coat and Sharpie, we have the following to match the RoyalBee:

That came out great. Looks awesome.

lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:23 PM   #23
Capthowdy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to Capthowdy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxtar41 View Post
I decided to paint the engine covers that came with the E-force since my car is IOM and everything under the hood is black it looked a little bland. So I taped off the "supercharged" parts and coated them with 2 coats of primer and 2 coats of paint. The paint is a little brighter orange but they still look pretty good over the standard black covers.

I didnt paint the middle cover of the supercharger I figured it would be way to much orange and look kind of overdone. Total cost was about 15 bucks between the high temp paint and tape / razorblades. Took about an hour and a half the longest part was cutting each letter out for the supercharged.

Before:

After:

On the car:

need to do something with that silver stripe....imo
Old 05-02-2011, 11:17 PM   #24
Tom D

Drives: 10 Camaro SS/RS RJT
Got mine done as well.
Attached Images

2010 2SS/RS RJT, ADM CAI, Borla Shorties, Borla "S" Cat Back, Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GMS Wires, GMS Rear Trailing Arms, GMS Rotors, GMS End Links, GMS Tunnel Brace, GMS Rear Tie Rods, GMS 1G Suspension Package, GMS Stage 3 CNC ported heads, GMS Spec'd R12 Custom Ground Camshaft, Snow Meth Injection, GMS Custom Tuned, Norris Catch Can, MTI Brake Lines, Pfadt Coilovers, Sway Bars, Camber Kit, and Rear LCA Reinforcement, , AAC Footwell, Trunk, DRL and Dome LED Lighting, Technostalgia Tail Lights, RED B/A Pedals, Kompression Custom Wheels with Nitto tires, 621RWHP/584RWTQ
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:59 PM   #25
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
great job on these guys! looking forward to seeing Locks' and gearhead440's in person soon!
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:25 AM   #26
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxtar41 View Post
I decided to paint the engine covers that came with the E-force since my car is IOM and everything under the hood is black it looked a little bland. So I taped off the "supercharged" parts and coated them with 2 coats of primer and 2 coats of paint. The paint is a little brighter orange but they still look pretty good over the standard black covers.

I didnt paint the middle cover of the supercharger I figured it would be way to much orange and look kind of overdone. Total cost was about 15 bucks between the high temp paint and tape / razorblades. Took about an hour and a half the longest part was cutting each letter out for the supercharged.

Before:

After:

On the car:

Are you going to do the center section? If so will you do it in the car or remove it.. I Was going to do all yellow with black writing.. Didn't know if I wanted to buy the 45.00 gasket for the blower cover if I took it off to paint..
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:00 PM   #27
Camaro_Custom_Painted
Choke on that causality!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
This is what I did for mine.
Attached Images

Edelbrock EForce - Stainless Works Headers - BMR Sways & Arms & Toe Links & Control Arm Bushings & End Links - Rotofab CAI - Assorted Interior, Exterior, Underhood Bling - Red Jewel Stripes & Full Body Clear - Lexani LX15 Wheels - JRE Fuel Rail Upgrade - Kenne Bell BAP - Heartthrob XPipe - Elite Catch Can - Pedders Cradle & Front Arm Bushings - Hotchkis Strut Brace - MSD Wires - Carbotech Brakes - DSS 1000HP Axles & Driveshaft - Mickey Thompson Tires - Halo Harness - AutoMeter A/F, Boost, Fuel Pressure Gauges - Whats Next?
Camaro_Custom_Painted is offline   Reply With Quote