Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 12-15-2023, 10:52 PM   #1
johna

Drives: 2015 White Z28
Sad day - Camaro ends production

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a4...oduction-ends/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
johna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 05:35 AM   #2
chevy pilot

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6
chevy pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 01:13 PM   #3
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Still got mine so I'm good. Never was a fan of the 6th gen body style so no loss here. And judging by the lack of media attention and the dead silence from gm...well that speaks volumes at the end of the day.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 03:09 PM   #4
Infidel67
Life's just a Ride

Drives: 2011 Synergy Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I keep mine till the day I die, just as Silveradoss said...Never was a fan of Gen6
Old 12-16-2023, 09:39 PM   #5
Dega Man

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveradoss573 View Post
Still got mine so I'm good. Never was a fan of the 6th gen body style so no loss here. And judging by the lack of media attention and the dead silence from gm...well that speaks volumes at the end of the day.
+1
Dega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 09:58 PM   #6
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Kinda reminds me of the days back in 2002 when we thought it was all over then. In January 2002 I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a new M6 SS. Didn't get built until April, but in the meantime, I decided to write the plant and tell them how much I appreciated their efforts. I grew up in a GM family for real, and I know how it feels for the guys building cars for faceless customers.

Then, out of the blue, the plant manager sent me back a letter, along with photos of MY CAR flanked by several of the plant workers, with a sign made up to say "this one's for you", along with a huge thank you card signed by a truckload of plant personnel. It really made my year. I got the pictures while the car was still enroute to the dealer. Crazy! They built the car, sent it to SLP for upfit, and then after the SS goodies were added, sent it back into the plant for photo ops. It also was the last Camaro to be pictured in the very last Ste. Therese plant newsletter. They translated my letter in French for "those guys" in the plant. It was just a really neat experience and the ULTIMATE in swag, IMO.

And it was ultra cool to see it come to the dealership so I could finally take delivery!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 09:15 AM   #7
Infidel67
Life's just a Ride

Drives: 2011 Synergy Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
Kinda reminds me of the days back in 2002 when we thought it was all over then. In January 2002 I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a new M6 SS. Didn't get built until April, but in the meantime, I decided to write the plant and tell them how much I appreciated their efforts. I grew up in a GM family for real, and I know how it feels for the guys building cars for faceless customers.

Then, out of the blue, the plant manager sent me back a letter, along with photos of MY CAR flanked by several of the plant workers, with a sign made up to say "this one's for you", along with a huge thank you card signed by a truckload of plant personnel. It really made my year. I got the pictures while the car was still enroute to the dealer. Crazy! They built the car, sent it to SLP for upfit, and then after the SS goodies were added, sent it back into the plant for photo ops. It also was the last Camaro to be pictured in the very last Ste. Therese plant newsletter. They translated my letter in French for "those guys" in the plant. It was just a really neat experience and the ULTIMATE in swag, IMO.

Now this is COOL as Hell!! you can't beat that.
Old 12-17-2023, 12:07 PM   #8
void_kp

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro Z28 (2015)
I was talking about this with a colleague of mine, it's kind of sad that the market today doesn't PERCEIVE the need for sport cars and that there's a push to be climate-friendly with no expections.

In the 80s everyone wanted a sport car, the automakers answered the call. Today it SEEMS nobody wants a sports car... but then you look at what Toyota is doing, at how many M2, M3, M4 are sold... the valuations of 911. This is not a niche segment, in my opinion it is a resurgence of people wanting to buy emotions from cars, not just performance.
electric cars are amazing but they are boring as hell and no fun at all. I really hope there will be a return to fun sport cars in the next 10 years, so that we will start getting back some GOOD models.

The Camaro was fantastic, unfortunately it sits in a very bad spot in the lineup (the flagship is the corvette) and it is not enough to support a business decision to keep it. Any manager in that position would axe it. Let's hope the demand for these cars will surge and it will give us back the Camaro.
void_kp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 08:04 AM   #9
GeneRoss

Drives: 14 Z/28 #368 02 SS(sold) 2012 Equus
Quote:

And it was ultra cool to see it come to the dealership so I could finally take delivery!

I had an 02 SS as well. Black on black M6 with chrome ZR1's (315s in the rear). I should have never sold that one. I miss that car a lot. Maybe I can track it down lol.

Planning on keeping the Z/28 forever. Maybe add another couple of models down the road. A 6 speed ZLE sounds tempting. I agree The 5th Gen has more street presence.
2014 Z/28 #368
GeneRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 10:39 AM   #10
highrevving

Drives: Z/28
Plus, GM sucks at marketing.
highrevving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 11:24 AM   #11
chevy pilot

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:

Btw.Dennis tour of COPO.

Last edited by chevy pilot; 12-19-2023 at 04:59 AM.
chevy pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 01:19 PM   #12
highrevving

Drives: Z/28
Chevrolet saved the best for last with a fully optioned Summit White ZL1/1LE M6 beast!

https://www.motortrend.com/news/fina...-chevy-camaro/
highrevving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 06:50 PM   #13
X77-69z28

Drives: 69 Z/28, 70 Z28, 99SS, 15 Z/28 2018
Probably gonna come back as an electric car made in China��
99 SS hugger orange 6spd no t-tops 1 of 54
15 Z/28 white AC, radio
X77-69z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 08:29 AM   #14
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
In an article I read, they left themselves an out by saying there was a possibility of another version in the future. Of course, that might mean an EV.