Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 09-23-2023, 11:33 PM   #267
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEyeSS View Post
So what does everyone think was the most distinct 6th gen special edition? Fifty, Hot Wheels, Or Panther? I think the Panther has a slight edge for the unique paint. I think the Hot Wheels looks the part. I know people balked at HW branded car, but the two go back to the FIRST Hot Wheels, which was Camaro
There were two HW special editions I know about, one in 2013 (blue) and another one in 2018 (orange). I saw and rode in both, and they were both amazing.

I need to see the new 2024 and make my call about the matte paint, I'm not a fan in general, although black typically looks badass (for the 5 minutes is stays clean after a wash, heh).

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 11:45 PM   #268
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
So what does everyone think was the most distinct 6th gen special edition? Fifty, Hot Wheels, Or Panther? I think the Panther has a slight edge for the unique paint. I think the Hot Wheels looks the part. I know people balked at HW branded car, but the two go back to the FIRST Hot Wheels, which was a Camaro.

I'm confused why the Panther didn't get embossed headrests like the Fifty.
If only they did a package with Krypton Green, don't get me wrong Shock looks great but Krypton just pops out of all the colors I've seen on the road
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2023, 12:10 AM   #269
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
So what does everyone think was the most distinct 6th gen special edition? Fifty, Hot Wheels, Or Panther? I think the Panther has a slight edge for the unique paint. I think the Hot Wheels looks the part. I know people balked at HW branded car, but the two go back to the FIRST Hot Wheels, which was a Camaro.

I believe it's the Panther, due to the name and it appears to be the final ICE hurrah.
Old 09-24-2023, 08:24 AM   #270
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:

You named a couple good ones but since ZL1 is top dog and never had a special edition I think the Panther hands down will be it. And not to mention only 350. Sad part is they will rarely be seen after the 1st year just like the 200 Pace Car editions built in 2010.
Old 09-24-2023, 10:38 AM   #271
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:

So the funny thing is, when I saw the CE ZL1 at the auto show, the first thing I did was look for the panthers. The second thing I did was look at the headrests to see if they said “Panther”. I was hoping against hope that they took that swing.

Funny thing…The Fifty is a 2017 model year and I’ve had mine since 2017. There are a number of places on the car where the word “Fifty” appears. On my car, it is 17 times. It didn’t occur to me until 6 years later when I changed my plate to “SSF17TY” that the number of appearances (17) might have been intentional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
I believe it's the Panther, due to the name and it appears to be the final ICE hurrah.
Agreed. And I think GM did enough to differentiate it, so again it comes down to on an individual basis, is the package worth the price. For the ZL1, GM only needs to convince about 1,000 people to get 350 sold at their price. Pretty good odds of that.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2023, 03:31 PM   #272
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Agreed. And I think GM did enough to differentiate it, so again it comes down to on an individual basis, is the package worth the price. For the ZL1, GM only needs to convince about 1,000 people to get 350 sold at their price. Pretty good odds of that.
It's such a niche market, that it doesn't take much to convince the diehards. I had a Challenger before finally purchasing my Camaro and their customer base has been eating up mostly decal, badge and parts bin packages for over two decades. Then again, I noticed that that group is less refined, shall we say.
Old 09-25-2023, 07:36 AM   #273
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:

For me, it's the Hot Wheels with the Panther a close 2nd. It's too bad they never offered a Hot Wheels ZL1.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 08:29 AM   #274
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I'm surprised this was not posted to this thread. I did see some other member started a new thread on it with diss-information in the title though.

Camaro production ending earlier than anticipated. Convertible will stop in late November and the remaining production will end in early December. Only a few months left!

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2023/09...ted-exclusive/
Old 09-25-2023, 08:40 AM   #275
GearheadSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I'm surprised this was not posted to this thread. I did see some other member started a new thread on it with diss-information in the title though.
Are you talking about me?? If so, please expand on what you mean. Oh, I didn't just start a new thread on it, I broke the news to pretty much everyone.
Old 09-25-2023, 08:47 AM   #276
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Are you talking about me?? If so, please expand on what you mean. Oh, I didn't just start a new thread on it, I broke the news to pretty much everyone.
Naa, not you. This one: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=619941

Sorry if you posted this up earlier in the thread and I just missed it. I saw it was posted on various websites on Friday. I didn't see that it was posted up on here in the general section between Friday and today so I posted up the link. My bad.

I just found your thread in the Order and Pricing section - https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=619905
Old 09-25-2023, 09:55 AM   #277
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post

Camaro production ending earlier than anticipated. Convertible will stop in late November and the remaining production will end in early December. Only a few months left!
https://gmauthority.com/blog/2023/09...ted-exclusive/
One thing surprises me about this news and one thing doesn’t surprise me.

NOT surprised
I am not surprised that there will be a richer mix of V8. The L850 based 2.0T has already been dropped from Camaro as well as other vehicles. For the vehicles that are carrying on, GM is swapping in the CSS based 2.0T. Not worth engineering it into the Camaro for a partial model year. Also, the 3.6L V6 is all but gone. The new Acadia and Traverse have both dropped the 2.0T and the 3.6 V6 in favor of a one engine strategy featuring a new 2.5T built on the CSS engine product line. So, at the end of the day GM will have two engine families (CSS and Small Block) carrying almost all of the volume of what’s left in ICE products. There will also continue to be GF (Blackwing based DOHC) V8s in Corvette only.

Surprised
Unless something has changed since my days in Portfolio Planning, every model year has to have one January 1st in the production run. If Camaro ends in December, there is no production on January 1, 2024, which I think is needed to declare it a 2024 model. Maybe things have changed in the 6-1/2 years that I’ve been out of the game.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 10:00 AM   #278
The Maverick
Somewhere in the Kalahari

Drives: 2021/18 (de-fresh) 3LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Surprised
Unless something has changed since my days in Portfolio Planning, every model year has to have one January 1st in the production run. If Camaro ends in December, there is no production on January 1, 2024, which I think is needed to declare it a 2024 model. Maybe things have changed in the 6-1/2 years that I’ve been out of the game.
So we may end up with a crop of 2023 1/2 Camaros? Take that, '64 Mustang!
The Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 10:22 AM   #279
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maverick View Post
There's no such thing as a '64 Mustang. Even the '64.5 terminology is a fan/enthusiast created thing.

As such, If they don't produce any Camaros after December 31, 2023 I don't think they can actually note any of them 2024's. My money in on them doing something like holding a single unit, or a small series of them "in process" (on paper really) until after the first and only completing their finalization after the first.
Old 09-25-2023, 10:23 AM   #280
GearheadSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maverick View Post
No. There are already 2024 models built, with 2024 VINs.