Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-26-2018, 04:54 PM   #925
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModdedSS View Post
I'm looking at costs to make 800ish whp though. That's easier to do and cheaper to do on the mustang tbh.
Ya chasing peak hp you’re right. that engine architectures been out since 2010 as a 2011
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 07:37 PM   #926
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Ooh, I smell a supercharger or some turbos! ;-)

Well if you end up going that route some day, let us know how things turn out.
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 08:20 PM   #927
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
We should be getting close to getting some or no news. I just saw an article on the 2019 GMC that dropped at the New York auto show.
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 08:27 PM   #928
FrostySS

Drives: 2018 Redline Edition 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealG View Post
Do we know this for fact ? , Can you post a link. You say that the 19 will not be much different from the 18 with such authority. there are several of us who are shopping for cars right now and I would hate to buy a 18 and a nice refresh happens in 19. Do you know what you’re talking about or are you guessing with my money?
If you buy an '18 without waiting for info to be released on the '19 and drop a big amount of $$$ based on one person's innocent internet post then your sir have way more $$ than brains.

2018 Redline Edition 2SS- A8, NPP, MRC, Recaro seats, ECS Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, cat deletes, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts Drake Muscle Car wicker bill, Adams Polishes Ceramic Coating

2010 Infiniti G37x Sedan for the DD.
FrostySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 11:20 PM   #929
Cgocifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealG View Post
We should be getting close to getting some or no news. I just saw an article on the 2019 GMC that dropped at the New York auto show.
Interesting. If you go to the show site under GM, they list Taho and Camaro. Both are just basic descriptions from GM. Nothing new listed but interesting that they have those two vehicles listed.
Old 03-27-2018, 06:50 AM   #930
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
Interesting. If you go to the show site under GM, they list Taho and Camaro. Both are just basic descriptions from GM. Nothing new listed but interesting that they have those two vehicles listed.
True, but Chevrolet has no press conference scheduled for NYIAS. Then again, neither did GMC. If it gets revealed at NYIAS, it will be at an off-site event today, since “proper” press conferences begin tomorrow morning.

If not NYIAS, it will likely be at a motor sports event. Possibly Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix. On a related note, our Camaro Club just got confirmed for participation in the Camaro Corral during the Grand Prix. This will allow our club members to park our Camaros on the island during the Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix. Only VIPs and those working the race get to park on the island. Spectators are shuttled onto the island. Gen 6 was introduced in a special event on Belle Isle.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 07:39 AM   #931
Brigante

Drives: Cadillac
I can't believe this forum does not have at least 1 insider that can tell where it will be shown. :(
Brigante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 07:44 AM   #932
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigante View Post
I can't believe this forum does not have at least 1 insider that can tell where it will be shown. :(
Maybe, there is no "2019" and we need to wait for "2020".
MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 08:26 AM   #933
Cgocifer

What's the big deal GM? If it's just front and rear fascia updates, why all the drama? Hmmm? :-)
Old 03-27-2018, 08:31 AM   #934
SliChillax

Drives: Camaro ZL1 A10, F-Type R, RR Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
True, but Chevrolet has no press conference scheduled for NYIAS. Then again, neither did GMC. If it gets revealed at NYIAS, it will be at an off-site event today, since “proper” press conferences begin tomorrow morning.

If not NYIAS, it will likely be at a motor sports event. Possibly Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix. On a related note, our Camaro Club just got confirmed for participation in the Camaro Corral during the Grand Prix. This will allow our club members to park our Camaros on the island during the Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix. Only VIPs and those working the race get to park on the island. Spectators are shuttled onto the island. Gen 6 was introduced in a special event on Belle Isle.
Isn't Belle Isle too late? Production for 19 should start around July right? I don't recall an automaker presenting a new model one month before deliveries start.
SliChillax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 08:34 AM   #935
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
You don’t need a scheduled press conference when there are morning talk shows every day.
Old 03-27-2018, 10:28 AM   #936
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
This is basically everything wrong about Chevys marketing. If they really reveal the car at NYIAS why not giving us a small teaser? Build up a hype or at least tease anything for MY2019 to counter the GT500, Bullitt and other cool Mustang stuff coming this year.

Just remember how much teaser we got for 6th Gen Launch, after that they just went silent. Or remember how many Demon teasers Dodge did, we even have two GT500 teasers right now. And Chevy? Who cares about a refresh, whatever this spied ZL1 thing was a few months ago or even a new Z/28
samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 10:59 AM   #937
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
What's the big deal GM? If it's just front and rear fascia updates, why all the drama? Hmmm? :-)
I think that the issue is there IS NO BIG DEAL and therefore no drama other than our own speculations in this thread. GM is not saying anything because there is nothing to say. Some fascia tweaks and a couple additional options are not press-conference worthy. Thus the silence.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Old 03-27-2018, 11:07 AM   #938
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai View Post
This is basically everything wrong about Chevys marketing. If they really reveal the car at NYIAS why not giving us a small teaser? Build up a hype or at least tease anything for MY2019 to counter the GT500, Bullitt and other cool Mustang stuff coming this year.

Just remember how much teaser we got for 6th Gen Launch, after that they just went silent. Or remember how many Demon teasers Dodge did, we even have two GT500 teasers right now. And Chevy? Who cares about a refresh, whatever this spied ZL1 thing was a few months ago or even a new Z/28
6th Gen:
  • New architecture
  • Several hundred pounds lighter
  • New engine with significantly more output
  • New transmission
  • Powered convertible with tonneau operating up to 30 mph
  • PDR on 1LE and ZL1
  • Performance overlapping Corvette models

6th Gen refresh:
  • New front fascia (probably)
  • New rear fascia (probably)
  • Add 10AT (probably)
  • Add 7MT (maybe)

Magnitudes of difference between the two “reveals”. 6th Gen definitely warranted trumpets and banners. Refresh...not so much. How was the 2014 refresh rolled out? I am asking because I truly do not remember, even though I was in GM at the time. I very much remember the activities around the 6th Gen and the C7 launches. Both were a big hairy deal. I don’t recall any internal hoopla around the 2014 5th Gen refresh. Z/28 - yes...refresh - don’t remember.