Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-07-2015, 12:06 PM   #15

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
The only other point to consider it that the General Motors Company isn't the same entity that built the 1st through 4th generations.

They were the work of the General Motors Corporation. An entity that by all documentation ceased to exist in 2009.

So, while I have no issue with completely different cars, read generations, being the "same" car. I do somewhat take issue with an entirely different Company building their own product, that just happens to have the same name, and using a now dead company's inception date for that product as a "anniversary" date.

Logically the "5th gen" is the General Motors Company's 1st gen of their Camaro product. And the "6th gen" is actually their 2nd gen. They are in fact spiritual successors to General Motors Corporation's 1st-4th gen Camaros. That's of course if your looking at it factually and not sentimentally.

So yes, the 50th anniversary of the General Motors Corporation's Camaro is 2017. General Motors Company's Camaro will not see a 50th until 2060.
I'm sure anyone who gets a 50th Anniversary Camaro will carry a copy of the above with them at all times as a disclaimer ....You know, after all who wants to be accused of not being logical?...lol....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 12:18 PM   #16
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Any sort of anniversary will be just nice looking decals and badges nothing more. Now they may offer it on say a ZL1 or Z/28 so you get the extra HP and nice decals and badges.
Old 07-07-2015, 12:29 PM   #17
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
Any sort of anniversary will be just nice looking decals and badges nothing more. Now they may offer it on say a ZL1 or Z/28 so you get the extra HP and nice decals and badges.
I somewhat agree; that is they shouldn't make the anniversary edition the ZL1 or Z/28, those variants should come on their own, and if available we should be able to purchase any variant of our choice w/ anniversary edition options be they decals and badges or some other features.

I am waiting for a ZL1, and probably wouldn't want to fork over more cash for special anniversary stuff.
Old 07-07-2015, 12:32 PM   #18
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stex View Post
Was not the Camaro dropped for a few years. So '17 is really not 50 years. 50 yrs since the first one but not 50 yrs of production.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY99Z28 View Post
Nobody ever said it was about production. It's simply an anniversary. That's all. If you want to get technical the same can be said about the vette since they skipped a year of production.
It all depends on how you look at it. If I was in charge I would not make a 50th anniversary model. Basically the way I look at it is this.

To make it simple, say you got married in 95, divorced in 2005, remarried the same person in 2010 and now in 2015 would you celebrate your 20th anniversary? That is the way I look at it. That just my opinion tho,
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 12:38 PM   #19
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I'm sure anyone who gets a 50th Anniversary Camaro will carry a copy of the above with them at all times as a disclaimer ....You know, after all who wants to be accused of not being logical?...lol....
I'm in no way saying a 2017 50th shouldn't/won't be built. It should and will. Its a great marketing point to grab a few extra sales, which the whole point of building cars.

I was merely making a completely factual point. If it was made in error, feel free to post the correct information and I'll admit I was wrong.

Here's a hypothetical to better understand my point of view.

Bail outs don't occur. GM goes under. GM Co. doesn't get the chance to come in and pick up the pieces. Others do. Toyota secures Camaro nameplate. Produces Toyota Camaro. Markets the 2017 Toyota Camaro as a 50th Anniversary model.

Would anyone have issue with this? I believe they would, but only if it were as blatant as the hypothetical situation above.

In a sense this sort of DID happen. GM Corp went under. An entirely new entity, GM Co., comes into being and gathers up all of GM Corp's pieces and produces their own stuff using a dead companies names. No one takes issue simply because the new company's name is almost exactly the same as the dead one.

But, I digress. I do hope to see a nice 50th package for Camaro. Maybe more than just badges and decals. A single year unique paint would be cool.
Old 07-07-2015, 01:59 PM   #20
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
like everyone has said, itll probably just be some badging, stripes, and maybe different wheels.

wouldn't it be cool if they did something really off the wall though....one can only hope.
Old 07-07-2015, 02:25 PM   #21
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Yes we know the heritage and continuous production of the mustang is superior to the camaro in many ways. It kept a lot of mustang owners warm at night during the ls1 days. It will hopefully do the same when getting a good look at the 6th gen tail lights.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 02:26 PM   #22
NASTY99Z28

Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
It all depends on how you look at it. If I was in charge I would not make a 50th anniversary model. Basically the way I look at it is this.

To make it simple, say you got married in 95, divorced in 2005, remarried the same person in 2010 and now in 2015 would you celebrate your 20th anniversary? That is the way I look at it. That just my opinion tho,
It's a celebration of that year not a celebration of consecutive years. See the difference? If you were in charge would you also take away the anniversary of the vette since it skipped a year but never went out of production?
Old 07-07-2015, 02:45 PM   #23
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY99Z28 View Post

It's a celebration of that year not a celebration of consecutive years. See the difference? If you were in charge would you also take away the anniversary of the vette since it skipped a year but never went out of production?
Yes I see the difference, all I was pointing out was how I see the term anniversary.

the difference in the corvette example is that as far as I know there was supposed to be an 83 corvette but issues prevented them from being built. It wasn't an executive decision to kill the nameplate.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 04:42 PM   #24
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post

To me, that would make 2015 my 5th & 20th anniversaries. I couldn't celebrate 20 years of happiness together (I'd be 5 years short), but we could absolutely celebrate 20 years since I got married.

In that same scenario, while I was divorced I could still celebrate my 11th-15th anniversaries by myself (or with my ex, if we split on equitable terms). Because its still X years since I/we got married.

Here is another scenario ... just the other day, Americans celebrated the 239th anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence. Have people been signing it every year since 1776? Or did it happen only once, and thus each year that passes is one more anniversary? Also, if that document were somehow destroyed, would that mean that nobody is allowed to have a 4th of July celebration? Or that the counter would be reset when a new replacement comes along? No, because everything is based around what happened the first time around. Everything that happened since is irrelevant.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 05:06 PM   #25
YoungGun1993

Drives: Pontiac G6
Quote:
I'm in no way saying a 2017 50th shouldn't/won't be built. It should and will. Its a great marketing point to grab a few extra sales, which the whole point of building cars.

I was merely making a completely factual point. If it was made in error, feel free to post the correct information and I'll admit I was wrong.

Here's a hypothetical to better understand my point of view.

Bail outs don't occur. GM goes under. GM Co. doesn't get the chance to come in and pick up the pieces. Others do. Toyota secures Camaro nameplate. Produces Toyota Camaro. Markets the 2017 Toyota Camaro as a 50th Anniversary model.

Would anyone have issue with this? I believe they would, but only if it were as blatant as the hypothetical situation above.

In a sense this sort of DID happen. GM Corp went under. An entirely new entity, GM Co., comes into being and gathers up all of GM Corp's pieces and produces their own stuff using a dead companies names. No one takes issue simply because the new company's name is almost exactly the same as the dead one.

But, I digress. I do hope to see a nice 50th package for Camaro. Maybe more than just badges and decals. A single year unique paint would be cool.
The Camaro is part of the Chevrolet brand. The Chevrolet brand was sold from Bankrupt GM to New GM. It has always been Chevrolet that has produced this car and only Chevrolet that can produce and has the rights to it. Therefore, it is still the Chevrolet Camaro's 50th Anniversary of its conception.

I really don't get why you've wasted so much time to be technical, but I can play this game using your logic too. Now,
YoungGun1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 05:30 PM   #26
2xSSRS

Drives: 2017 SS Black on Black A8
Quote:
The only other point to consider it that the General Motors Company isn't the same entity that built the 1st through 4th generations.

They were the work of the General Motors Corporation. An entity that by all documentation ceased to exist in 2009.

So, while I have no issue with completely different cars, read generations, being the "same" car. I do somewhat take issue with an entirely different Company building their own product, that just happens to have the same name, and using a now dead company's inception date for that product as a "anniversary" date.

Logically the "5th gen" is the General Motors Company's 1st gen of their Camaro product. And the "6th gen" is actually their 2nd gen. They are in fact spiritual successors to General Motors Corporation's 1st-4th gen Camaros. That's of course if your looking at it factually and not sentimentally.

So yes, the 50th anniversary of the General Motors Corporation's Camaro is 2017. General Motors Company's Camaro will not see a 50th until 2060.
so, I get a divorce after 5 years of marriage. My ex and I stay in touch. go to dinner once in a while. After 2 years apart, we get married again. when do we celebrate our 10th anniversary? Just wondering...
Old 07-08-2015, 06:30 AM   #27
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Well, the 45th Edition came out in 2012, soooooooo....
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 06:40 AM   #28
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xSSRS View Post
so, I get a divorce after 5 years of marriage. My ex and I stay in touch. go to dinner once in a while. After 2 years apart, we get married again. when do we celebrate our 10th anniversary? Just wondering...
Depends on your own definition of "anniversary". Mine goes along with Miriam Webster's:
: a date that is remembered or celebrated because a special or notable event occurred on that date in a previous year

Would you celebrating the number of years you were actually married (8), or the number of years since you first married? (I recommend the later to avoid digging up bad memories )

Therefore, 2017 will be the 50th anniversary of the production of the first Camaro (1967).
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote