Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-25-2015, 03:26 PM   #127
NASTY99Z28

Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvr6 View Post
Quote it correct
He did. They changed the title because so many of them were angry about it!!!
Old 06-25-2015, 03:33 PM   #128
NASTY99Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
Mustang is going to require significant upgrades in brakes, engine, and transmission to outperform the SS. And then go on a diet.

That's a LOT to ask for an MMC.
It has bigger brakes than the camaro will have. Engine wise they aren't to far off especially if the voodoo jumos into the gt engine slot. Transmission wise they are lacking "strength" but those gear ratios make up for lack of torque. Weight? 3700 ain't bad considering thats what the camaro should weigh so I'm not sure why it will "need" to lose weight. The camaro should have the upper hand but I'm not sold on the camaro rotor size unless it dropped more weight than predicted which won't happen considering the ats-v came out weighing more than they said it would. But only time will tell.
Old 06-25-2015, 03:42 PM   #129
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Mark Reuss knows performance, so I wouldn't doubt what he has publicly stated about out performing the mustang.
Old 06-25-2015, 05:58 PM   #130
NASTY99Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
Mark Reuss knows performance, so I wouldn't doubt what he has publicly stated about out performing the mustang.
Was or is he the same guy that said the same thing about the zl1 and gt500? I think it will beat it but for how long? Will Ford offer something other than the 350/350r for 2017? Bump in power maybe? As it stands now if both cats weigh the same the camaro should have a good advantage not only in et but mph. I.just hope the hype isn't just hype.

The stang is selling like crazy so Chevy better do something to stay ahead in sales and on the track. God knows the next zl1 vs gt500 "type" of cars offered will be fords to win.
Old 06-25-2015, 06:20 PM   #131
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY99Z28 View Post
It has bigger brakes than the camaro will have. Engine wise they aren't to far off especially if the voodoo jumos into the gt engine slot. Transmission wise they are lacking "strength" but those gear ratios make up for lack of torque. Weight? 3700 ain't bad considering thats what the camaro should weigh so I'm not sure why it will "need" to lose weight. The camaro should have the upper hand but I'm not sold on the camaro rotor size unless it dropped more weight than predicted which won't happen considering the ats-v came out weighing more than they said it would. But only time will tell.
Gt500 had bigger brakes than the zl1 and the zl1 had no where near the brake fade as the gt500.

They're whooped in power, 20hp, 55tq with a much broader powerband. We aren't talking a tenth or two faster...factory everything in, we are talking .4 to .5. That's a boatload faster. Shorter gears don't make up for torque/power as they will need to shift more. That's mustang folklore.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 06:56 PM   #132
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY99Z28 View Post
It has bigger brakes than the camaro will have
You fell for it.

The Camaro's slightly reduced brake size is due to the weight savings. It doesn't need as large of a brake, and reduced undprung weight improves performance.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote